The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series Trophy Thoughts Anyone?

30 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

i bought this for the statue, but i ain't playing the game again

Same here. I got TWD Collection for free when I bought season 4 and have the platinums for both. They are all still on my PS4 so I’ll probably skip this one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Daxterman20 said:

Is anyone going to get the Platinum again for this long series?

Naturally, yes. The series itself isn't that long actually, especially "Episode 6" of Season 1 and Michonne.

5 hours ago, ZeromusF4 said:

Does the recent "The walking dead collection" that was released on ps4 have separate stacks for all the games in it? If so I wanna get that version even if this has been cleaned up graphically.

No, but it doesn't matter whatsoever as it's been completely de-listed.

4 hours ago, Sokoloph said:

Some downsides:

1. Small amount of trophies for such series;

2. Only unmissable trophies;

1. This is good, as it ensures higher rank trophies, rather than the existence and padding of bronze ones. 

2. This is particularly fantastic for a game like this, one with non-skippable cutscenes and a less favorable episode select system. Unless Skybound brought back the rewind feature from S1 and S2 and then put it across each season, then I can't agree with 2. Otherwise, needing to again play game's chapters/episodes from beginning to middle or end at times for a mere trophy is generally terrible.

2 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

I don't know if I have the heart to play Season 1, 2 and 3, and Michonne again.

I've played the first and second season FOUR times (PS3, PS4, Vita and the Collection edition) and Michonne three times.

Who am I fooling. I will probably get this. But at 40 quid? Nope. I'll wait for a sale.

As someone who just revisited the entire series again a few months ago, I have the heart. This is coming from someone who played all the main installments more than four times, and there's an extension via the fact that I had to at times restart entire episodes for each main season, either because of save bugs, inconsistent save transfers, or poorly made choices. 

Recently, on PlayStation 4, I replayed A New Frontier three times consecutively over the course of two days via the de-listed collection. And like I vaguely listed above, I had to play an episode or few of each season: 1, 2, 3, and less so but still 4, also. And I've already played every single saga on PS3 beforehand, some twice. The alternate choices, events, and dialogue honestly adds and helps the replayvalue.

Edited by EcoShifter

37 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

it sucks they delayed all the physical items

It does but I’m glad they want to make everything “up to their standards” before they send it out, so I’m willing to wait. I’m a fan of TWD but I also think it would be cool if Skybound or a revived Telltale would continue on with Batman or TWAU. I also heard Telltale was planning on a Stranger Things game before they closed down.

• Like 2

This collection is great, this is the definitive edition of Telltale's The Walking Dead. Too bad for the shared trophy list, but it is a secondary thought on my mind given we will have all 4 main games plus 400 days and Michonne on the disc, with a ton of bonuses.

11 hours ago, MatrikPS said:

Will PS5 bring remasters of remasters? Make something new.

We already have some.Take a look at Zone of the Enders, Ōkami or Shadow of the Colossus, all PS2 games remastered for PS3 and then again for PS4. 
But PS4 retrocompatibility on PS5 should lessen the rereleases of previous-gen games. I'm not saying it won't happen, I think a TLOU2 or a Death Stranding 4k remaster will surely come out, as those are AAA end-of-generation games that will be limited by the capabilities of the PS4, but on lesser games I think publishers will probably won't make the effort of remastering and rereleasing them, as they are already compatibles with the new consoles and available on the online stores.

4 hours ago, ValeNort46 said:

For the uk prices range from £35-£40 so with each new edition which basically includes a new season the price tag keeps going up so an easy plat but a very expensive one 

The publishers aren't pandering to the trophy hunter crowd - as I mentioned in my review. If they were, the collection would include five platinums for the price of one collection. Instead, this is a collection for people who haven't experienced the game yet and those who love the series and want to replay it all one more time with the new visual effects which make the game look like the comic book source materials.

I personally really don't like the new trophies - they should have included all of the ones which required you to find all the items, replay and pick different options, and encourage you to explore more. The whole point of a narrative adventure game with branches is that you feel like you want to go back and experience the other pathways to see what you can unlock and experience. However, they stuck with a simple single trophy per chapter - this basically eliminates most people's thirst for replayability and makes the whole experience less satisfying and enjoyable than if they had included all the extra requirements.

• Like 1

I decided to pre-order this game. I had never played the games before, but I love the show and I had watched a playthrough of the games on YT, so I thought I'd give it a shot. 

Honestly, from what I've played so far, I'd give it a hard recommend, its honestly GOTY material so far. The menus are beautiful, and the endless black screens are some of the greatest I've seen in years. 

Edited by TerminatarMnA

On 9/9/2019 at 11:01 PM, JungleCat20 said:

It does but I’m glad they want to make everything “up to their standards” before they send it out, so I’m willing to wait. I’m a fan of TWD but I also think it would be cool if Skybound or a revived Telltale would continue on with Batman or TWAU. I also heard Telltale was planning on a Stranger Things game before they closed down.

Agreed and I can certainly wait, hell I had long given up on there ever being a legit Clem figure before this collection was announced anyway.

TWD was easily my favorite, largely in part to the bond it cultivated between Clem and player over the series (making her one my very favorite video game characters)... But the other TT games are all at least good. I'd like to see the new telltale try their hand at making some original stories alongside the established properties tbh.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 1

I'm not a big fan of this TWD Definitive Edition. The trophy list looks similar to the Zero Escape 1 + 2 and the Danganronpa 1 + 2 PS4 collections. What I'm saying is that you have to earn all of the trophies from two games to get 1 platinum trophy for that collection. Here in this TWD collection, you have to complete all five games in this version, including the Michonne spinoff game, before you can even earn 1 platinum trophy... What in the world skybound games were thinking?

Last year's TellGames TWD collection was ten times better because if you preordered the TWD Final season from the PS Store, you get last year's collection for free and that's like a 50.00 US dollars savings. Even though it does not include the TWD final season, at least you earn around 2 platinums from TWD season 1 and season 3, the new frontier games. Season 2 and the Michonne did not have the platinum trophies for unknown trophies because of the forner TellTale games' weird reasons.  To be honest, skip the definitive edition because I rather spend more money to buy the TWD final season and the 2018 collection separately.

Edited by DarkRose025

To be honest, skip the definitive edition because I rather spend more money to buy the TWD final season and the 2018 collection separately.

I'm not a big fan of this TWD Definitive Edition. The trophy list looks similar to the Zero Escape 1 + 2 and the Danganronpa 1 + 2 PS4 collections. What I'm saying is that you have to earn all of the trophies from two games to get 1 platinum trophy for that collection. Here in this TWD collection, you have to complete all five games in this version, including the Michonne spinoff game, before you can even earn 1 platinum trophy... What in the world skybound games were thinking?

Last year's TellGames TWD collection was ten times better because if you preordered the TWD Final season from the PS Store, you get last year's collection for free and that's like a 50.00 US dollars savings. Even though it does not include the TWD final season, at least you earn around 2 platinums from TWD season 1 and season 3, the new frontier games. Season 2 and the Michonne did not have the platinum trophies for unknown trophies because of the forner TellTale games' weird reasons. 

.... No.

Your complaints are only valid from the perspective of trophy design execution. The way they were implemented in this version of the game in no way whatsoever affects or determines the quality of the games itself.

The previous collection was only better in that playing through The Final Season wasn't required to get its platinum trophy—because it isn't included in the collection to begin with—and that it was free strictly for people who preordered TFS, which also means only 1/2 pros are universal while the other only applies to some people.

In terms of everything else that matters in the video game spectrum, this definitive edition is the far more better overall product, one actually worth spending all the money its price asks for, especially when you consider the remastering effort here is done far more competently AND it includes an entire extra game (TFS) to it that the previous collection with the same price as this DE didn't have whatsoever.

The previous collection was very poorly and lazily designed, objectively, not at all worth the $50 price tag it had and hardly worth owning even free, and it got delisted for a reason. It's probably the worse collection I've ever played outside the Jak and Daxter VITA Collection. If JaDC's (Vita) issue wasn't something as significant as frame-rate, something that has precedence over story, gameplay, etc, I'd say the first TWDC is the worse. Also, it does not provide two platinums; it's one platinum just like this version.

Edited by EcoShifter

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, medenko1975 said:

is this everything they ever released?

No. There's bonus content they've added that no season or prior releases have ever had. All seasons/games ever released are also included in this collection. Especially since it includes "The Final Season", it's a steal whether purchased at full price or via a sale.