PS+ November 2019

DEI2EK

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

We never seem to get JRPGs, though. 

True, I wonder why that is. I don't think it has to do with the genres popularity in the west, as we've been getting all kinds of less popular genres over the years. Maybe the Japanese publishers have no interest in being part of the service, as those games generally keep their price point fairly high over the years.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Just now, voodoo_eyes said:

True, I wonder why that is. I don't think it has to do with the genres popularity in the west, as we've been getting all kinds of less popular genres over the years. Maybe the Japanese publishers have no interest in being part of the service, as those games geenrally keep their price point fairly high over the years.

My feeling is that, while JRPGs are bigger than a minor niche in the West, the fans here buy the products, often at high prices, and often over and over. Why give the milk for free when you can sell the cow three times?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

My feeling is that, while JRPGs are bigger than a minor niche in the West, the fans here buy the products, often at high prices, and often over and over. Why give the milk for free when you can sell the cow three times?

Yeah, however it feels like poor marketing to some degree as well. It's clear wer're getting Nioh due to the imminent release of Nioh 2, so that there's a boost in sales of the new installmentt. It being co-published by Sony probably facilitates it being part of Plus. I think that series like Atelier would benefit in doing the same. Instead of having a stagnant audience that continuously buys the products, they could opt for putting one of the older games on Plus to potentially increase the market for the series.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation. Although it would be great to know how some publishers thought process is on those things. People keep blaming Sony for the selection of games, when in reality there are more factors behind the hows and whys.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I already have Nioh, but I barely touched it so far, still from the little I played it seemed great. Maybe the dlc will be cheap, so I might get that. I do love this type of games.

As for Outlast 2...1st person horror games are not for me lol I would have preferred a 3rd person one where I can also fight back :)

I had been considering Outlast 2 for a while now so I’ll happily take it for free.

I have already 100%ed Nioh and it’s an absolutely amazing game. For all those people complaining about buying the DLC, my opinion is that Nioh is a lesser game without it. By far my favourite playthrough was on Way Of The Demon (third difficulty and only available with DLC) as that is when the game truely begins. And anyone who tells you WotD is hard didn’t approach it properly.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

yay another title i need to get dlc for now, ;) at least give us the complete editions.

Haha, as if.

When sales drop low of a main game with a bunch of DLC, that's when they release it "for free" on Plus, to get that DLC revenue stream rolling again. It's a logical business move to make.

7 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

And anyone who tells you WotD is hard didn’t approach it properly.

Well the hardest part is figuring how the goddamn smithing and forging actually works xD But yes that is true, WotD ain't that hard as long as you have a general idea of the game. 

This is quite a good month finally. Even though I already have Nioh and I won't ever touch Outlast 2(can't handle horror games) they are of a decent quality as videogames . 

4 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Haha, as if.

When sales drop low of a main game with a bunch of DLC, that's when they release it "for free" on Plus, to get that DLC revenue stream rolling again. It's a logical business move to make.

lol that's what I did when they put Arkham knight on ps+, then again, the season pass was just 6 euro.

A month that own neither game and neither of them are high on my to play list.

I played the first Outlast when that was free. Never did the Hardcore run (or whatever it is called) just single play through. If I decided to play part 2, that is about all I would do. I don't have time to keep trying one difficulty over and over, when you die you start all over again. Nioh would be there with Blood Bourne and Dark Souls. Games I have told myself I'd like to give a try but haven't got the nerve to try yet. I did play a bit of Blood Bourne a few year back but never made it through the first area and didn't earn in trophies so I just deleted it from my trophy list.