Zoutje's Holiday Giveaway

ZoutjeNL

My favorite plat this year was Assassin's creed oddessey. The game is very good and has a lot to do. I felt myself very much in the main character. I will say however the game did overstay it's welcome and I ended up rushing the dlc because Christ the game just takes so long. I also wanted to kill most characters in the game right off the bat especially the Gods. In my heart I killed both Aphrodite and Hades. After a certain character died I blamed and wanted to kill pretty much everybody. 

My favorite Platinum of the year is probably The Last of Us, It took me a long time before I finally got back into the game. Originally started in 2016 only finished it in July. I got 100% as well and overall it was fun. I did use the new game plus glitch to do everything in a single playthrough which meant that I did get bored of the game from 6 playthroughs.

My Favorite Platinum this year would have to be World of Final Fantasy. I think the reason it was my favorite is because I was able to share Final Fantasy with my kids. Introducing them to some of the characters from the other games and they liked the pokemon aspects of the game as well.

Hello and thanks for this giveway.

My favorite Platinum this year was Shadow of the tomb raider. I love the Tomb Raider games since 1996 and this one was rather good, even if I prefered Rise of the TR. But, it's a great game, and every TR fan can appreciate it and enjoy good moments with Lara. 

The 7 dlc are a great addition.

Edited by DynaVita
  • Like 1

Thanks for the contest. Here is my post from the Recent Platinum thread.

1La2014d.png

Marvel's Spider-Man

I have said in a few status updates already...but FUCK this was a great game. Insomniac is my favourite developer of all time and I was a little worried about this game...but they came through once again. 

This may be my faourite new game I have played since Saints Row 4. I can't really say anything bad about it. The most negative thing I can say is sometimes during a intense chase the webslinging can get a little muddled but that is the thing about making a great game...if you have 1 or 2 tiny negatives they can be easily overlooked.

The graphics are fantastic, the voice acting is great, the music is great, the collectibles are not annoying, the gadgets are cool, the webslinging/combat is tons of fun, the hardest difficulty is tough but not annoyingly tough...I can go on and on but at the end of the day it is a great game and everyone should play it.

I do want to point out one thing I noticed while playing the game though. Not to spoil anything but a deadly disease gets leaked into New York and there are 6 super-villains willing to kill everyone and destroy the city...and Spidey has to do it all on his own. Avengers tower is right there in the game (there is even a trophy attached to it) but NOPE Spidey has to do it on his own. In hindsight it is very funny because of how the Disney/Sony feud turned out but it is almost like "Hey Sony...Spidey can't be in the Avengers...well fuck you then :P "

Also since everyone is putting their favourite plats down...maybe you would like to list some more Platinum awards in the Year End Awards :)

so many great ones but if i had to choose one i guess i could go with tales of berseria. in 2016 i did the graces f and hearts r platinums, in 2017 i did both xillia's and symphonia. 2018 i took a break from the tales series and went for berseria near the end of this year. my longest plat. of the year as well at 140 hours. one of my favorite series, and vesperia is on sale for $20 and i'm likely going to grab it but not certain if i will start any time soon. lol. 

i hope i am able to qualify if i am in the U.S. thank you for the offer! 

Thank you for the giveaway. This year was very bad in terms of trophy hunting: I platinumed very few games and played mostly walking simulators.

However one platinum I really enjoyed this year and it's XBlaze Lost: Memories. Despite it's a visual novel I liked the story and characters.

An honorable mention goes to Everybody's gone to the Rapture. Another story that catched my interest.

Catherine Full body, because it was my 200th and the last platinum I got this year. It also marks the end of a rough year for me which is the reason why I only got about half of my yearly average platinums since 2012 (only 18 instead of the 30+ I usually get in a year). Hopefully in 2020 I'll be able to pick it back up ?!

• Like 2

Thank you for the giveaway. 

My most favorite 2019 plat is God Eater 3.

I had a lot of fun playing the game, it was a little grindy in some areas but I enjoyed it very much.

It is my first ever God Eater plat too. I never could fully submerse myself in the previous ones but 3 really improved a lot. I do hope I can suck it up and do 1 and 2 someday.

Thanks for the giveaway!

My favorite plat in 2019 was Yakuza 0. First game of the Yakuza series I played and I absolutely loved it. The plat grind can get annoying at times because of the rng trophies but the story really makes up for it. I was close to giving up a couple of times but managed to continue and finish it in the end. Probably one of the most satisfying moments when I saw the plat pop. Planning to plat some more Yakuza games in 2020.

• Like 1

I have only a few to choose from ?

But anyways, This Is The Police 2 is my favorite platinum of the year cause I love the game so much, sadly the bugs hits me pretty hard but regardless I work hard to finish it before the end of the year and I manage to complete it! I like the game a lot so it helps me stay motivated throughout the hardships of gamebreaking bugs. ?

Solo: Days Gone. One of the best game I have ever played. Great story, gameplay, atmosphere, the music when a horde sees you, freaked me out everydamn time. Gotta say I also loved Metro Exodus. Metro games are always gonna be one my favorites. 

Coop: Borderlands Pre-Sequel. Although it's hard to pick. No matter what, I always love playing with my bf. But that game brings back good memories.

NVM. Just dance 2016.

It wasn't a platinum for me, but I went to visit my boyfriend and we platted it together in less than a month. (so if it doesn't count, there's my pick on the top). I had a lot of fun, and laughs with him, that's always gonna be a big factor for me to pick a favorite plat. Also this made me realize we didn't play as much as coop games as other years, we still played a lot tho, maybe longer ones but, that is not so bad since that means we actually spent more time actually together, can't play a lot of coop games if together, even tho we played Overcooked couch coop, was awesome, we could strangle each other and not just say it lol. ❤️

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 1

Mine was Far Cry 2.

I ended up having been the only user to get affected by a strange glitch and all my progress, though completed, did not pop me the Field Manual trophy. I have a couple theories, but given that I still managed to pop Warlord, I'm starting to think it wasnt in correlation to any of them. 

Thanks to the Name Change presented by Sony recently, I managed to get a second attempt. I redid all the Field Manuals in less than 2 weeks and finally popped it after 4 long years of dread. 

Even though it annoyed me to all hell, I managed to turn things around and reward my efforts by writing the MP guide and trophy guide and managed to help others work their way towards the online and plat. And in case anyone else is affected by the same glitch that hit me, there is now the workaround of a Name Change, that is guaranteed.

Personally, the Far Cry 2 plat meant the most to me in recent years, which is a plat that hasn't meant a lot to me emotionally since I did Bad Company back in 2015. Even though Far Cry 2 isnt hard by any means I can finally move on from that point in my life.

• Like 1

my best plat of 2019 was driveclub bikes, the reason why it really challenged me to become better at racing games not only skill but taking the time to learn the tracks and beat some of the hard time challenges. 

Mine would be Songbird Symphony because I feel like the game is so unique and different but sadly I haven't finished it yet and the year is almost over....

So instead, my favorite platinum I got this year is the platinum for Sonic Forces. I was worried about starting the game when I first got it because a lot people and reviews were saying bad things about it. But after actually playing for awhile I thought all those people were wrong and thought it was a great game. And in my opinion, it is the best modern Sonic game yet. It's just hard enough to be a challenge, but easy enough so it's not ridiculous. (Like Sonic Unleashed) 

Overall it was a very fun game and the platinum was enjoyable. I'd recommend it to Sonic fans that didn't play it because of bad reviews.