Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

18 minutes ago, dermarx said:

same here. 

Just curious, but if after two generations you haven't played PS3 enough to finish the games you like, is there really much point keeping it out?

I have every gaming machine I've owned since the Commadore 64 stored away (because they are a bit of a collection at this point and I didn't see the point in selling them for such a small amount compared to their value to me at the time) but I don't need to have them out and immediately available.

In terms of the PS3, I put it away a few months ago despite only getting it a few months before the PS4 release (I had a 360 most of last gen). There were just no more games I needed to play.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

2 minutes ago, igs63 said:

Day one for me, can’t wait. Knowing it’s backwards compatible with at least PS4 is enough for me, as I’m really hoping it won’t be as loud as my jet engine of a PS4 (and it’s a pro too).

Same here. Really concerned about my PS4 Pro surviving till PS5 release

Few years for me as well. It takes a while for the devs to push the system to the limits. 

Look at the games from the last two years with PS4 compared to launch. PS5 games will only look slightly better than PS4 games (closer to the PS4 Pro). 

Sure there will be a bunch of exclusive comebacks, like with every PS launch, but they aren't going anywhere. More likely to grab a PS5 5lim. 

Depends on the backwards compatibility. Still, guess I will wait for some feedback first and wait for the prices to lower down whether game-wise/console-wise. Plus, I still have lots of PS4 on my backlog and considering to buy a PS3 if the PS5 doesn't bring full backwards compability.

Having a huge backlog with title such as Gta 5, Spiderman, Red Dead 2, Days Gone, Death Stranding, South Park ( Both games), Uncharted Lost Legacy, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, Severed, Guacamelee 2 AND having a new born baby ( 6 week old), i will most definitely wait either till Mid to late 2021 OR 2022 if a PS5 Pro version is announced. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

It depends on a few things; if it has full backwards compatibility, aka ps1,ps2, especially ps3, and we already know PS4. Most likely day 1. If it doesn't have those, probably several months after launch. If it doesn't have that & the price is unappealing I'll stick to PC & play PS4 for Sekiro and whatnot.

It won't have full backwards compatibility. They've never said it would.

I'll be buying it day one, for no other reason than I will want the latest stuff. I will also buy the upgraded version of it (not just a slim version or something like that, an upgrade such as the Pro) day one when that comes out and either sell my previous one to a friend for next to nothing or just give it to a friend who can't afford this type of thing.

Edited by Gaberdude

Nope, I reckon it will be maybe early 2023 before I even think about buying it, if I buy it at all.  I didn't buy a PS3 for about 2 years and waited nearly 4 years to get a PS4 due to my PS3 backlog, so there's no chance of my buying a PS5 anywhere near the launch date.  By waiting a couple of years, there will be a better model available, it will be cheaper, it will feature improved performance, all the bugs and kinks that it will inevitably have in the beginning will be sorted out, and there will be a greater selection of games available.

PS3 and PS4 both had fairly poor lineups of games available when they launched (at least, nothing that made me want to buy them instantly), and other than AC Ragnarok, PS5 doesn't have any games thus far that have piqued my interest, so there's no reason to contemplate buying a PS5.

In any case, I have more than enough PS4 games to keep me busy for another 3 years or so. :)

• Like 1

I usually wait a couple of years before buying a new system. 

16 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Guess if it ends up being full backwards compatible with PS1-PS4 I probably would, but if it is just PS4 and depending on launch games probably Early or late 2021 and 2022 probably at the  latest.

This would be a deal-maker for me, too. If the models had full BC, I would buy it day one, just because I'd be scared that they would remove the feature later.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1