PS5 Controller Revealed Dualsense

Aranea Highwind

I want one in all black. I'm glad they focused on a stronger battery

"We also took thoughtful consideration into ways to maintain a strong battery life for DualSense’s rechargeable battery, and to lessen the weight of the controller as much as possible as new features were added."

• USB C was confirmed awhile back

• Haptic Feedback

• Adaptive triggers (L2/R2). This will make you feel the tension when doing actions like shooting an arrow, or pulling something. Haptic feedback enables this.

• Bigger touchpad

• Light bar moved (sits at each side of the touch pad, giving it a slightly larger look and feel.)

• No word of one-tone colors being an option

• Share button is now a “Create” button. No more details until closer to launch.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

When they went from DS3 to DS4, I was disappointed they didn't take the chance they missed earlier and go from 4 shoulder buttons to 8 shoulder buttons, and likewise with the DS5 I'm disappointed that they didn't go from 8 shoulder buttons to 16 shoulder buttons. Video game controllers had a nice exponential sequence going with SNES's 2 shoulder buttons then going to the PS1's 4 shoulder buttons, and Sony fucked it up as usual. Maybe the PS6 will have 32 shoulder buttons finally and my life will be complete.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

I think it looks great and the features it has touched on are brilliant. Considering the amount of alternate controller colours there are for PS4 - it's probably safe to say that the colour scheme in the images is the baseline default scheme. So the folks moaning about it will no doubt have more options either at launch or soon after.

And whatever happens - it could be worse, the controller could need actual batteries to function, imagine that ;)

28 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Dual sense is a weird name. The controller being white won't be too bad but the whole console is probs gonna be the same scheme which is gonna look a bit too flash for my liking. Saw a mocked up image of a black version with coloured face buttons on twitter that looked real nice though 

That looks kinda perfect to me

This is the PERFECT color scheme I want.

• Like 1

Just now, Caesar Clown said:

Built-in microphone? So many people are going to forget to mute themselves in online games.

I can't wait for this - whenever I play GTAOnline i always hear some wild shit ?

On another note, I wonder how soon we'll start seeing pro-controllers appearing.

Looks like the sticks are more textured, especially around the edges, than the dualshock 4.  Could be a nice improvement if that means it's harder to slip off or lose positioning on the sticks in those games that need constant control and movement.

Have to see how it feels in practice though to be sure, of course.  This is just speculation at this point.

SYH77y7.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I can't wait for this - whenever I play GTAOnline i always hear some wild shit 1f602.png

On another note, I wonder how soon we'll start seeing pro-controllers appearing.

If I hear fap fap fap when I'm playing and I see someone's character not moving.. 

I'm leaving that damn game. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

If I hear fap fap fap when I'm playing and I see someone's character not moving.. 

I'm leaving that damn game. 

??

9 minutes ago, Longbottom45 said:

White stuff gets yellow with time, and the face buttons don't look like they got a good grip.

Overall, its not even that ugly, just weird.

I have to admit, the all-black photoshop of the controller someone linked further back does look lovely.

12 minutes ago, Longbottom45 said:

White stuff gets yellow with time, and the face buttons don't look like they got a good grip.

Overall, its not even that ugly, just weird.

It's pretty likely that there will be multiple color schemes available like with the PS4 so it's not like you'll be stuck with a white controller.

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

Hmmm I won't know till I hold it in my hands, it may just look bulky but irl it might be just thr right size even for my medium sized hands(no clunky Xbox original controller please)

This may give us insight of what the color scheme will be for ps5 though!

I can't say I dislike the 2 tone. We'll see.

There's no view of the bottom :'(

Will there be an 3.5mm jack? God I hope so. At least let me have a dongle for the USB c port for my headphones :(

It definitely has a headphone jack.  You can get a glimpse of it just below the mute button, which I consider an essential component for a controller.  What I hope to see is Sony design the controller with a removable battery compartment like the XBox controllers.  There is no damn reason to seal the battery.

I happen to like the design of the controller, including its two-toned design.

• Like 1