Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (August 4th) Trophy Thoughts

Abby_TheLastofUs

You know what I would do if I were the the dev and want to troll the trophy hunters completionist even more.... I would wait until 100 players got it and like 6 months passed and then I would change the trophy to a easy one like "win 2 in a row" just to piss everyone ?

Jokes aside I'm not a completionist, but still like to get platinium on games I really like so is a shame I probably would not get this cause of that, still gonna enjoy the game and get as manny I can and if the community finds a trick probably I will try it too :)

Edited by NordicSaiyan

21 hours ago, Carol said:

I’m going to play devil’s advocate here.

I’m not like the great majority of trophy hunters, that despise online trophies. I love playing online and I love online trophies, so I appreciate a challenging list of online trophies, like some of you love a challenging single-player list.

This doesn’t mean that I will get the platinum, but, at least I will have a strong motivation to keep playing. 
This is why I will never forget my epic journey with Uncharted 3: every time I started a match, I had a trophy in mind and I knew I would spend that match working on it. This was a thrilling feeling and the reason why I think online trophies are so awesome!
On the other hand, frustrating and stressful offline trophies, like, for example, “...Becomes the Master”, are, in general, not for me. But the fact that we are all different is the richness of life, right? :)
So, yeah, this “impossible” trophy just made me more interested in this game... I wasn’t even sure if I was going to play it and now I know that I most certainly will. :giggle:

I'm with you! I love the thrill that comes with trying to get online trophies done by simply playing the game. I'm planning on giving this game a go once I'm finished with my current crop of games.

• Like 1

How long is each game?  The quicker they are, the more likely someone earns this trophy.  

I am surprised at how many responses this thread has gotten.  Not so much by the irony of people with completion percentages only in the 60-80% range whining about not being able to earn a Single Gold trophy (the horrors!) but that this game even warrants this type of response.

When it was announced with Call of Duty 2 Campaign Remastered, I saw it as more as a freebie offered for the 10 year old demographic.  I guess it could be fun for a casual play here and there, but I have my doubts that it has staying power ala Rocket League.  So the trophy will get easier in the future with much less than a full 60 ppl playing in a game.  Once the novelty wears off, somewhat  empty games down the road are a real possibility.

Multiple folks have already reported winning 3 in a row.  5 in a row will be achieved.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

How long is each game?  The quicker they are, the more likely someone earns this trophy.  

I am surprised at how many responses this thread has gotten.  Not so much by the irony of people with completion percentages only in the 60-80% range whining about not being able to earn a Single Gold trophy (the horrors!) but that this game even warrants this type of response.

When it was announced with Call of Duty 2 Campaign Remastered, I saw it as more as a freebie offered for the 10 year old demographic.  I guess it could be fun for a casual play here and there, but I have my doubts that it has staying power ala Rocket League.  So the trophy will get easier in the future with much less than a full 60 ppl playing in a game.  Once the novelty wears off, somewhat  empty games down the road are a real possibility.

Multiple folks have already reported winning 3 in a row.  5 in a row will be achieved.

People like myself have Takeshi's Castle nostalgia and I know for me myslef ,that caused me to want to play it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Just wait for like a year until all the hype has died down, and the battle royale players and Twitch streamers have moved on to the next Hot New Thing, and go for the platinum when there are so few players left that it's easy to boost. Games like this always blow up for the first month and then collapse afterwards.

1. Find 59 people willing to boost. 

2. Have them there boosting 60x5 rounds. (300)

3. Pray that not a single other person outside of the boosting group joins

4. Pray that those who got the trophy first don't quit. 

Edited by Lordidude
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yeah I'd say by the end of tomorrow maybe even earlier, someone will have earned the trophy. Due to the sheer number of people playing the game (it's number 1 on Steam by a huge margin) it's an inevitability for someone to be lucky enough to win 5 in a row. 

Will people find a way to win games reliably is the question though. 

Each episode is around 25-30 minutes. The devs have a roadmap and plan on adding new content every 2 months. Which for a game like this seems kinda long. They really need to add new maps. 

59 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

According to PSN someone already has this trophy.  It doesn't look like it's anyone from this site though.  Could be legit, could have been a bug.  Don't know, don't really care.  Won't be playing the game as it just doesn't interest me.  The drama surrounding the game has been fun though.  :)

Then why even be here? Sounds like major troll territory. "Let's go to the trophy thoughts post for a game I have no interest in and take up space" ... 

• Like 1

I think I know the best way to get the 5 wins in a row trophy find some people to play with because if someone in your team wins everyone wins so just have you or someone else in your team win and maybe the trophy pop.
Also if a trophy doesn't pop when it supposed to just restart your game and it should unlock maybe this will stop all this petty arguing 
kinda of reminds me when Wolfenstein 2 came out with the Permadeath and everyone was complaining except this time it's fall guys

13 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

I didn't say it was a good plan or a practical use of anyone's time :P I'm just saying it's theoretically possible for all the people who refuse to play a game they can't platinum.

Just now, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

I think I know the best way to get the 5 wins in a row trophy find some people to play with because if someone in your team wins everyone wins so just have you or someone else in your team win and maybe the trophy pop.
Also if a trophy doesn't pop when it supposed to just restart your game and it should unlock maybe this will stop all this petty arguing 
kinda of reminds me when Wolfenstein 2 came out with the Permadeath and everyone was complaining except this time it's fall guys

In a general sense, the devs are trolling hunters. I've played probably 20 rounds now and haven't even gotten 1st in a single race, which I think WILL happen, but doing it 4 more times consecutively isn't going to be possible. I get that some people see trophy hunters in a certain light, but when devs are creating a list, it should be FUN (which the majority of this list is), but to throw something in there that isn't really attainable makes it not fun (so, it's either a troll or bait to play the game into oblivion). The game is fun AND that trophy is silly - both things are true. To not play a game because a trophy might be hard defeats the purpose of gaming, but to throw in a trophy to laugh at a group of people who like the goals that trophy hunting gives is equally dumb. 

1 minute ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

Does that work? I’ve been playing in teams with my boyfriend and if he’s qualified and I’m eliminated it just puts me into spectator mode and vice versa? ?

I had fun, but in the hour or so of playing I’ve been booted out of the game 4 times and then matchmaking just stopped working completely ??‍♀️ I’ll probably wait until they have the server issues sorted before jumping back in

25 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

That's what gaming is all about

38 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

You'll only need 75 hours to do all of this with 60 people (based on matches lasting 10 - 15 minutes). No problem. Sleep, what's that?

You'd be better off just buying 60 PS4s and solo boosting it.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

i really think this will be th way to go. the trophy Squad Goals says "Win an Episode as part of a party of 3 or more players" so if you can win an episode in a squad, surely winning 5 win a row in a squad would work too. if you get 4 very competent players in a squad and you all help each other out, i really dont think itll be that bad.

9 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

i really think this will be th way to go. the trophy Squad Goals says "Win an Episode as part of a party of 3 or more players" so if you can win an episode in a squad, surely winning 5 win a row in a squad would work too. if you get 4 very competent players in a squad and you all help each other out, i really dont think itll be that bad.

Yeah, if you play with squads, this trophy won't be too hard. Especially once you start getting the hang of the game. 

My worst level is Slime Climb lol. 

• Like 1

Had no interest in the game to begin with, but with all this uproar over the trophy list, I decided to check it out on an alt account and I had a pretty good time for the HR I played. I can see myself using this game as a de stress tool so I'm gonna play it from time to time on my alt account since I never really play MP centric games for long. However, I'll never understand why Devs want to make insanely difficult lists on purpose. It makes no sense from a business perspective to alienate some of the audience over something they clearly don't care about. 

23 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

You'll only need 75 hours to do all of this with 60 people (based on matches lasting 10 - 15 minutes). No problem. Sleep, what's that?

You'd be better off just buying 60 PS4s and solo boosting it.

Depends on the game mode. I just got Slime Climb first round and in that, you could literally have everyone except one get eliminated. (On this occasion, there were so few of us that made it, that the final was the second round which I managed to win! Haha. ?)