What is your greatest achievement in gaming?

Trumpet_Boi_208

back in the days I played a lot of AC 3 multiplayer, i really liked it unless  Brotherhood or revelation. In the end i managed to obtain every title (i mean , every title!, like get first in top score the last 10 seconds in a match, win every match, use everything tot times ecc...)  and I wasn't even in a Clan :D got the Altair knives cosmetic and after that still played a lot. 

- SO4 platinum (around 650 hours) the same summer I was preparing for the university's admision test that September. It went fine!

- 1st worldwide in Sims 4 with no tricks. I love the franchise and even if I think the 3rd is funnier, the 4th gave me fun as well. And nowadays I see constantly people playing it for a quick platinum (using the server exploit) while they rant that the game sucks and they can't stand it ? looks like is the new Hanna Montana, Ratalaika aside.

Getting into the top 10 in the Climax Battles leaderboard in Yakuza 0 up to 6th place. Last time I checked—a couple months ago—I was still in the top 10 and the best score in 2-3 of those battles. May go back one day to improve.

Would probably be in the top 10 in the Steam version as well if it weren't for cheaters, but what can you do besides joining them?

The Shadows rushed me trophy from Max Payne 3 I truly screamed in success when I unlocked it playing 5h session without dying was brutally hard and stressful! Such as Messiah trophy and Mein Leben aswell.

Also another thing to mention having good friends that support you is the greatest thing in life! 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 1:31 PM, kaltezhan said:

Learning english without spending a dime thanks to mmorpgs. Made my broke ass brazilian wallet very happy, and opened a bunch of opportunities for better jobs.

This is awesome! It’s funny the things you can learn by playing games like that. In an earlier post I mentioned RuneScape (an MMORPG I spent a lot of time on), and while I am already a native English speaker, what that game taught me at a very young age was how to type using a keyboard.

I’m a very fast typer on the computer, without ever taking any typing classes in school or anything like that. Those skills are 100% self taught based on my time playing that MMORPG as a kid and having to communicate with other players and friends. Among other lessons, that game and it’s inner economy was also my introduction to basic economics and capitalism. ?

• Like 1

Be a better FPS player than my father, damn this man getting nukes, 30-0, 43-1 in matchmaking CoD and Battlefield, he does not play anymore though

My mom used to play Kingdom Hearts on PS2, was her fav game, and she showed it to and said "Lucy, come play this, it'll be your fav game too, I guarantee you!", so here the achivement is listen to my mother bc mothers are always right

Complete 3 Pokedexs (P. Pearl, Platinum and Fire Red version)

• Like 1

I don't play much multiplayer so I don't have a lot to say there, it's not that I'm not good at it because I am, it's just that I greatly prefer single-player games.  Looking back, kind of the one thing that jumps out would be achieving the platinum trophy in Metal Gear Solid 2 HD.  And it's not even because of what I was thinking was going to be the hardest part going into it, getting all the dog tags which meant beating the game on the hardest difficulty (which was not easy and was something that I had already done years earlier on the PS2).  I guess as Tom Cruise said in Mission Impossible 1, don't worry, it's much worse than you think.  Yes, you had to do that, and that was hard enough, but getting the Virtually Impossible trophy for beating VR and Alternative missions, I really think that that has to be the hardest thing that I've done in a videogame.  Starting off, it's actually quite fun and easy, but by the time you get to the MGS Snake ones, which is the last set of them that you unlock and have to beat, they just get incredibly brutal (eg. holding up a map full of running, invisible enemies, one by one, without being noticed in the slightest; defending an unconscious Meryl from numerous rushing enemies by shooting them through small holes in distant walls with a shaky sniper rifle).  And there's so, so many of them.  Just that 2 and a half weeks or so that it took to go through them, it was awful.  And I've done things like beating Last of Us on Grounded or beating this game on the hardest setting or this game on the hardest setting, but those MGS Snake VR and Alternative missions.... that was rough.  Outside of that, it's really nice when I get a Platinum trophy that has a 0.1% completion rate when I get it, Witcher 3 was like that when I got it although it's certainly not that way anymore, but it's nice when you can see something saying that you are that 1 in 1,000.  But really, outside of MGS2, maybe my favorite accomplishment would be when I beat the first Final Fantasy back on the NES when I was in, I guess, 3rd grade.  It's not that hard, and I've beaten both harder and longer games since then certainly, but something that was that long...that felt pretty big.  Before then, the longest thing I or anybody else who was playing games on the NES at that time really had played would probably be The Legend of Zelda, and although beating that in kindergarten was another special moment, that game wasn't that long, but going through this epic adventure, playing through it piece by piece everyday, making it to the end, drawing out maps of the different floors of the final dungeon so I knew where I was going if I died and had to restart, and then finally beating it with my older brother watching because I was the one who was better at videogames...it felt special and I'll never forget that.  

So, Metal Gear Solid 2 HD for the difficulty, and Final Fantasy for the memories, that's what I got.

1*63WHs0Ah6KHyhR5kDNmGXw.jpeg81fw1otCVtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Cherrywood
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

I just beat Sekiro and never felt more like a god.

First time I've beaten Saint Isshin, my father was offering me pizza, and I just couldn't answer because I was laser focused! He stopped for a moment and watched a bit. I beat Isshin, and he goes "dude, I have no idea what just happened, but that sword clashing sound is really cool". Then I took my pizza, hands shaking like crazy. It may be a common platinum, but Sekiro will forever be one of my favorite platinums, and a damn good achievement to be proud of!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kaltezhan said:

First time I've beaten Saint Isshin, my father was offering me pizza, and I just couldn't answer because I was laser focused! He stopped for a moment and watched a bit. I beat Isshin, and he goes "dude, I have no idea what just happened, but that sword clashing sound is really cool". Then I took my pizza, hands shaking like crazy. It may be a common platinum, but Sekiro will forever be one of my favorite platinums, and a damn good achievement to be proud of!

Haha yes absolutely. I might go for the actually platinum. Any advice on beating the father owl in hirata palace on new game plus for the first time? I never got to him in new game so I have to do it then, and I'm terrified cause I know I'll struggle hard. Any cheese strats or anything?

I 100%ed Pikmin 2 back in the day, got all the treasures, completed the enclyopedias and got pink flowers on all of the challenge levels (which means completing all those levels without a single pikmin dying). Definitely my proudest gaming achievement as a kid aside from completing the national dex in the Pokemon games (kinda gave up after the 4th gen though). Also spedrun the game in about 7-9 in-game days I think, that's on top of 100%ing it, which isn't as impressive thanks to the caves that pause time while you're in them.

I'm still pretty proud of it now however, even though I'm not sure if I would find it nearly as hard as I did back then. In more modern times, I guess I'm pretty proud of my Dark Souls plat...? I dunno, I don't really feel super proud about anything I "achieve" in games any more, I'm more impressed with myself when I've managed to complete a fair amount of games in a year, given the more limited time I have for games now. I do get sometimes get some sense of accomplishment when completing fairly hard or annoying games - I recently completed the first two Megami Tensei games, the SNES versions (Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei), and those were kind of a drag at times. Wouldn't doubt if I'm like one of 50 people that actually bothered to complete both of the games in the English fan translation given how tedious they can get, and good luck finishing them without any help from a walkthrough.

1 hour ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Haha yes absolutely. I might go for the actually platinum. Any advice on beating the father owl in hirata palace on new game plus for the first time? I never got to him in new game so I have to do it then, and I'm terrified cause I know I'll struggle hard. Any cheese strats or anything?

sekiro guru..(youtube)