Which popular games from this gen did you not play?

Jake-TheGreat97

Which games that have, lets say over 400,000 owners did you not play this gen? For me it was 

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Although I'm not sure if that's considered next gen)

Dying Light

Assassin's Creed Unity

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Although I'm not sure if that's considered next gen)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Tom Clancy's The Division

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Mortal Kombat X

Watch Dogs

Star Wars Battlefront 

Battlefield 1

Minecraft (Although I'm not sure if that's considered next gen)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Battlefield 4

There's a few popular games that I started and never finished, like Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Witcher 3. 

A popular game I never touched at all is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Even today, I just kind of see it as "just another open-world game." Robot dinosaurs seem oddly cool and totally silly at the same time, and I'm just done with the whole crafting/hunting/surviving gameplay loop. Perhaps I'm being unfair here - again, I haven't actually played it - but I really don't want to risk another Red Dead or Witcher on my trophy list. Especially one which is 20+ hours long.

Then there's the many Ubisoft games and online shooters that I can barely tell apart. All Assassin's Creed games since Unity, all Far Cry games since 3, Destiny 1 and 2, most Call of Duty games, and so on.

I'd say probably most for me:

• No Call of Duty
  • No AC except for Syndicate
  • No GOW
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (though I am hoping to get around to this eventually)
  • Bloodborne
  • No Last of Us
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • No GTA
  • No Uncharted
  • No Battle Field
  • No Destiny
  • Rocket League
  • No racing games
  • Minecraft
  • Fallout 4
  • Metal Gear Solid 5
  • Watchdogs
  • Dying Light
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • Little Big Planet 3
  • The Witcher 3
  • Far Cry 4
  • Etc.

Basically I didn't play anything haha

Probably easier to list what I did play:

• Infamous Second Son
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Red Dead II
  • Spider-Man

Haven't checked player count on these but I'm sure were popular enough and I haven't played:

The Witcher 3

Killzone Shadow Fall

Battlefield 4 and V

Resident Evil 7 and 2 Remake

Wolfenstein New Order and New Colossus

Watch Dogs 1 and 2

The Division 1 and 2

Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2

Mortal Kombat X and 11

Assassin's Creed Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey

Call of Duty Ghost, Infinite Warfare, WW2, Black Ops 4 and Modern Warfare (2019)

None of the EA Sports games

Also The Playroom and Dying Light

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1

I did not play:

The Playroom

Bloodborne

Driveclub

Mortal Kombat X

Red Dead Redemption 2
LittleBigPlanet

Dying Light

Ratchet & Clank

Call of Duty: WWII

Until Dawn (it's in my backlog)

The Last of Us Remastered (played original on PS3)

Destiny (played on PS3)

Battlefield 4 (played on PC)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (played on PC)

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (played on PS3)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (played on PS3)

There's also a couple like Killzone Shadowfall and Warframe that I played for a couple hours but didn't care for long-term so quit pretty quickly.

Edited by darkrequiem7
removed a space

Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro, Resident Evil 2/3/7,any of the CoD's, Far Cry 4/Primal/5 and Astrobot,

Did plan to pick up that last one but the UK went back into lockdown the day I was planning to get it. The rest I'm not overly fussed about. I'm sure they're good games but I've never felt the urge to get them.

Quite a lot for me as well, but it depends why.

Games I haven't played because I didn't want to

• GTA V and Red dead redemption II: I've played GTA san andreas at my friend's house back as a kid and I really didn't like it, so I'm perhaps a bit biased when it comes to this series but I also really don't expect I'd like any of the other GTA. Same with the RDR series, played a couple hours of the first game, didn't like it at all so I'm not expecting to like RD2, Rockstar really isn't my studio it seems.
  • Any FIFA (after 2015): me and my friends used to play this all the time but we we moved on to other games to play together at some point and I really don't enjoy it enough to play it on my own, would be a huge waste of money for me to buy a new one every year
  • Any COD (besides MW remastered): I don't like shooters in general, but COD is also something I just really don't care about. It's another type of game that would only be fun to me if my friends would play it as well. I only played MW remastered since it was on ps Plus a while ago and it has by far the best campaign of the series (and no multiplayer trophies) but I don't think I will ever pay money for a COD game by itself.
  • Any of the Destiny games: again, shooters not my thing 
  • Any of the Borderlands games: again, shooters...
  • Any mortal kombat game (or other fighting game): I don't actually think I ever played a fighting game on PS, but I did play them on PC once in a while and it's just not my genre at all
  • Any big racing game: not my genre either, can't even name the big ones tbh
  • Final fantasy games: also not my genre (yes I know I'm picky). I generally don't like loot-heavy RPG's, too much inventory micromanagement and looking at menuscreens for me to enjoy my time with it (also the reason why I couldn't get into games like The witcher 3 and Nioh but I did play those for a while)
  • Skyrim: same reason as FF, not sure if this is even last gen, I remember it being on PS4 I think
  • Probably a lot more that I'm forgetting right now but don't really care about

Games I haven't played but I (still) want to

• Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted lost legacy
  • AC odyssey
  • Watch Dogs (1 & 2)
  • Marvel's Spider-man
  • Shadow of the Tomb raider
  • Control
  • Resident evil 7
  • Persona 5
  • Ghost of tsushima
  • Nier: Automata
  • Doom: Eternal
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Dishonored 2
Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

I looked up the list with most owners on PSNP, I didn’t play a lot of them.

The Playroom

Rocket League

InFamous Second Son (not properly)

Bloodborne (not properly)

Battlefield 4

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Warframe

Battlefield 1

Star Wars Battlefront

Watch Dogs (not properly)

Mortal Kombat X

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Far Cry 4

Uncharted Drake’s Fortune Remastered

InFamous First Light

Killzone Shadow Fall

Just Cause 3 (not properly)

Marvel’s Spider-Man

Tom Clancy’s The Division

LittleBigPlanet 3

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag

Assassin’s Creed Unity

Dying Light (not properly)

Overwatch

Fifa and NBA games

There are so many....

God of War

Detroit: Become Human

Red Dead II (did the online stuff but haven't started the story yet)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate/Origins/Odyssey

Uncharted: Lost Legacy (it's next on my list though)

Metal Gear Solid V

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

All COD games

All Battlefield games, except Hardline

Borderlands 3

Ghost of Tsushima

Sekiro

Spider-Man

Batman: Arkham Knight

Fortnite

Minecraft

Horizon: Zero Dawn

I do actually own a lot of these games; just haven't gotten round to starting them yet.  So many games, so little time.

None of the Uncharted games, Red Dead games (I just really don't like them), Grand Theft Auto, Dishonored games, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Destiny, Last of Us Part 2, Darksiders, anything online multiplayer with the exception of Smite and Apex Legends (both I have given up on), anything VR, Metal Gear Solid V, Assassin's Creed games, The Avengers, Infamous etc.

Some are in my backlog but a lot of this generation has been full of multiplayer and AAA cash grab crap I've not been interested in. 

Off the top of my head:

Red Dead Redemption 2

Last of Us 2

Call of Duty (pick any of them)

Destiny (and the expansion stuff)

Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 (I had played some of 1)

Avengers

Fortnite

And there's probably others, but those are off the top of my head anyway.  Some just didn't appeal to me while others, I probably will still play eventually.

Literally every single game everyone listed above to be honest, I always got for the more niche and less popular games, and JRPGs. I also have not played Persona 5 which seems popular, nor did I play the Spyro and Crash remakes, spider man, horizon zero, witcher, uncharted, the last of us, Fornight.... the list goes on forever 

Well, to me it's

• Any COD/Battlefield game
  • Killzone
  • FIFA/PES/Any numbered sports title
  • Mortal Kombat (a friend played some matches on his console with another friend using my account, so that's not me)
  • TLOU games
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Beat Saber (this one alone doesn't justify the VR headset purchase, at least for me)
  • Destiny games
  • Resident Evil games
  • Assassin's Creed games
  • Any Ubisoft game that's not Rayman
  • Borderlands

Except for Beat Saber, the others simply don't interest me. Either got bored out off the franchise back in the PS3 days, or never had any interest to begin with. I'm not counting many specific titles since it would take a while, and so far, the only one I'm waiting for now is Ghost of Tsushima, that's supposed to come in the mail next week.

• No soulsborne
  • No Last Of Us
  • No Battlefield
  • No sports games
  • No Destiny
  • No Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter
  • No Yakuza
  • No Fortnite or Minecraft
  • No Titanfall 2
  • No Fall Guys
  • No Witcher or Red Dead
  • No Resident Evil remakes
  • No Tales games
  • No Detroit Become Human
  • No Tomb Raider
  • No Arkham
  • No Dishonored
  • No Dynasty Warriors
  • No Rainbow 6 or other Tom Clancy games

I think of myself as having a wide-ranging appetite. I play easy games, hard games, AAAs, indies. I play a lot of genres. I play obscure or unpopular games sometimes. This just brings out how no matter how many different kinds of games you think you play, there are always even more you don't. There's just more than one person can ever really delve into.

Honestly, it’s probably easier to list the ones I did play, but here goes.

• Red Dead Redemption 2 - no interest after playing RDR on PS3.
  • The Last of Us 2 - I haven’t even played the first one. Post-apocalyptic zombie stuff that takes itself seriously is just too stupid to me.
  • Final Fantasy XV - Screw Squeenix
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake - Screw Squeenix, pt. 2
  • Sekiro - Now this is a strange one. I love Souls games, Bloodborne, and even many of their clones, but for whatever reason, this one hasn’t grabbed me.

The list could go on. No Assassin’s Creed. No Tomb Raider.  I just don’t care for the AAA game anymore. I’ll play it if it shows up on PSNow, or PS+, but I have little desire to play it day 1, and by the time it’s cheap, I’ve likely moved on to something else.

• Like 1

Been going through my backlog a bit recently and playing many of these games I should've played sooner. Still ones I haven't played:

• Any Call of Duty game - Got pretty tired of these after playing too much CoD on my PS3. They don't iterate enough to make them interesting to me anymore.
  • GTA V - Played it on PS3 but never finished it, didn't want to spend the money to buy it again though.
  • The Playroom - No idea what this is, I'm assuming some sort of demo like Astro's Playroom.
  • Pretty much all the Battlefield games - I only earned one trophy in Battlefield 4.
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - I'll play this when I get it via the PS+ collection.
  • Mortal Kombat X - Fighting games are probably the only genre of games I'll never play.
  • All the Far Cry games - Never appealed much to me.
  • Until Dawn - I've watched multiple play-throughs instead of playing it. I own it thanks to PS+ so I'll play it myself one day if I'm looking for a platinum and have nothing else to play.
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - I've watched people play it and think I'd enjoy it if I had friends to play it with, but since I don't and I'm not a fan of playing multiplayer games solo I'll probably never play it.
  • Dying Light - I'm interested in the sequel.
  • Killzone Shadow Fall - It's still in the cellophane wrapping since I got it with my console. Maybe I'll play it one day.

That's the most notable ones from PSNP's list of most owned titles.