January 2021's PS Plus games

LastMinuteSavior

We are getting the Definitive Edition with all the dlc (assuming since there is no base SofTR version on the NA Region PSN store ). 

Maneater being PS5 only sucks. I wanna play it on PS4. Why could it not be like Worms Rumble situation this month.

Greedfall has mixed review, flawed ARPG. For a Double A RPG, why not. I believe it on PSNOW too....double subbers will pout.

The good news: This is actually a pretty fantastic month with some great games.

The bad news: I literally JUST pulled the trigger on Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition last night in the current sale.

Is it confirmed that the Definitive Edition is being given away on PS+?

I’m conflicted on whether or not I should contact Sony for a refund, because I just got them to refund Resident Evil 2 remake a few days ago so I could repurchase it and save $15 after they pulled some similar shit like this in the last sale. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

- Bought a Ps Plus year subscription in June to get and play CoD: WWII.
- Expecting to get some more good games.
- Downloaded Erica in July.

Aaand that’s it. One cheap game in 7 months.

Nothing for me again this month.

How I wish online gaming would be free again.

• Like 1

Maneater for the PS5 is great cause I've been interested in that since it came out so I'll be playing that when I eventually get my PS5, I already have SOTR and all the DLC but not fussed about that because I bought it at launch like I wanted to and I know next to nothing about Greedfall.

Edited by Bluefalcon2210
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

We are getting the Definitive Edition with all the dlc (assuming since there is no base SofTR version on the NA Region PSN store ). 

It likely won't be the Definitive Edition, as when Shadow of the TR was on PSNow it was only the base version.

Overall decent lineup though, I'm a PSNow subscriber but never got around to playing Shadow in time before it left so will be nice to add this to my library through PS+, will add Greedfall too just in case they remove it off PSNow at some point.  I don't have a PS5 yet so will just add Maneater to the library for a future backlog

• Like 1

Ahh thats a grand lineup. I have held off and held off Greedfall in recent months/sales and this is vindication.

A proper RPG (well from what ive seen/playedatmateshouse. Bioware/Bethesda take notes now please. 

Shark game seems fun too. As for Tomb Raider, well its not very me. But i have this and the other one they gave out on psplus now so eh maybe i'll try. 

Edited by punkshepherd

24 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

The good news: This is actually a pretty fantastic month with some great games.

The bad news: I literally JUST pulled the trigger on Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition last night in the current sale.

Is it confirmed that the Definitive Edition is being given away on PS+?

I’m conflicted on whether or not I should contact Sony for a refund, because I just got them to refund Resident Evil 2 remake a few days ago so I could repurchase it and save $15 after they pulled some similar shit like this in the last sale. 1f629.png

You can try and get a refund for it. 

If it is the base version, then you at least can save dollars when DLC goes on sale (70% off Currently). At the very least you can save 12 dollars from refund. 

6 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

If it is the base version, then you at least can save dollars when DLC goes on sale (70% off Currently). At the very least you can save 12 dollars from refund. 

I do not see Shadow's DLC listed on psprices.com for the NA region.  Am I missing something?

I'm pleased.  I still don't like the practice of giving freebies that require money paid for DLC to 100%, but it's the way things are now, so fine.  But an adventure game I want to play, and an RPG (!) I want to play, and Maneater will be waiting for me when I get a PS5. 

I'll give this beginning to our 2021 PS+ an 8 out of 10 - a little something for everyone.

Already have SotTR - enjoyed it but found the DLC's tedious because of the time attack and score attack modes. I thought Maneater performed poorly at least controls wise but maybe my brother will like it when we eventually get the PS5. Glad to see Greedfall, it looks interesting. Overall a good month IMO.

Edited by da-Noob123

27 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

I’m currently trying to find out which edition is being given away on PS+. If it’s the Definitive Edition (like they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider) I will definitely attempt to get a refund, but if it’s the regular version I might just say fuck it and eat the cost.

Part of the reason I’m wary is because of the drama last week when I got RE2 remake refunded. I managed to get a successful refund, but the guy told me it was a “one time exception” because I had already downloaded the game. I tried arguing with him for like 20 minutes about the fact I had NOT downloaded the game, but it didn’t change anything because according to Sony’s system, it supposedly says I did.

I was worried at that time that their little mistake would pop up to bite me in the ass in the future, but I never thought it would be less than a week later. I’ve never requested a single refund in 3 years and now I’ll potentially be trying to get my 2nd one in the span of like 7 days lol. ?‍♂️

It's already old and totally unfair that certain games are PS5 only when we all pay the same for Plus and there is a PS4 version of the game. 

It sucks for PS5 users as well since they've only gotten PS4 games so far. I get that there aren't a lot of actual PS5 games yet (only two, lol) so there's no real choice but to give PS4 games, that just furthers my point about all of us getting all three games.

• Like 1