How do you choose what to put in your trophy cabinet?

Yuber6969

No one but me ever sees my profile anyway, so I just pick whatever tickles me in the moment. I've done my 10 most common trophies, my 10 rarest plats not already shown, and (currently) a bunch of platinums just called "Platinum Trophy" because I thought it was funny how commonplace that was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JavaNext said:

Not a premium member [snip]

Fixed. Enjoy ?

Regarding my cabinet, well it's mostly Metal Gear Solid because I love this series, and Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 because I struggled a lot with those games.

Edited by walafc0
  • Like 3

I put the ones I'm most proud of and for the ones I enjoyed the most.

Chronicles of Riddick. The single player is fantastic, but the multiplayer grind was tedious and soul sucking. Not difficult, just very long.

But I'm proud of it and it's an ultra rare plat at less than 1%.

Tales of Symphonia. It was my first Tales game so I have a lot of nostalgia for this one. It's not a difficult plat, just a very time consuming one and because of changes made to the PS2 version which is what the remaster is based on, it takes more play throughs to get everything than it would on the GC version. But overall, I enjoyed returning to Symphonia.

El Shaddai. I loved this game and think it's underrated. Out of the three games in my trophy cabinet, this one took the least amount of time (based on time spent in the game, not real life time), but was the most difficult. Like character actions games like Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear Rising, this game also rates you on your performance at the end of each chapter with the highest rank being G for Godlike. The plat requires you to get G rank on every chapter on Hard difficulty and also beat the game on Extra difficulty.

And like the action games I just listed, this game's ranking system also grades you on things like number of deaths, damage taken, combo points, and time taken.

• Like 1

I switch around. Usually between three types.

1. My hardest and proudest trophies/platinums.

2. One platinum of my each of my favorite JRPG series.

3. Something random.

Like now I have 3 trophies that has two words that both start with the letter B. As a reference to my PSN name.

My trophy cabinet is full of trophies that mean something to me, one way or another.

Two Weeks (Skullgirls 2nd Encore) - This was one of the most infuriating single trophies I have ever gotten. It completely destroyed my interest in a game I once really enjoyed. This is the only non-plat trophy on this list. I keep it on there as a reminder of what hell is.

Symphonia Master - Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time. Not only was this a joy to get, I also wrote the guide for the site while getting it.

If You Show Me Your Courage (Dragon Ball Xenoverse) - Probably my most frustrating and time consuming plat. At one point I had the exact number memorized, but now I've successfully blocked it out. It took hundreds of hours to get everything because of bullshit RNG on top of bullshit RNG. I got the plat before they patched it to make it easier, and as I'm sure anyone will tell you who has gotten it recently, it's still a nightmare. This is on there as a giant middle finger to the game, because I DID IT. I BEAT THE STUPID RNG.

The Beyonder (Marvel Heroes Omega)  - This one is on there because it's an UR plat from an online only game that doesn't exist anymore, and was only up for a short period of time. It's one of my personally most impressive plats.

Master of Fate (MvC3) - Back when this game was new, me and a bunch of my friends would get together once a week to play this and SFIV. We could practice and practice and then go to tournaments. It was one o the happiest times in my life and I keep it in my cabinet to remind me of it. Also, it was a dick to get.

Top of the Tower (Ys Origin) - The internet lied to me. I was told I could unlock everything by playing with every character on every difficulty except the most difficult. So that's what I did. And then nothing happened. I eventually went back and pushed my way through another set of playthroughs on the hardest difficulty to get the last trophy, but it was rough doing over a dozen playthroughs and not getting anything for it. I'm pretty proud of myself for eventually getting it though.

Arborean Hero (Tera) - In addition to just liking the game, I got this plat completely solo and with very little help from guides. I bum rushed through it and was able to get the plat before the world bosses got crowded. Most areas I was in towards the end of the game were almost entirely empty, which I think is pretty cool, and I'm pretty proud of being able to do it.

Winner Takes All (DCUO) - This is technically my first less than 1% plat, but it barely counts. I have it up there because I love the game so much. I played it on PC for a long time, and very slowly got all the different characters to max on PS4, just so I could get the plat.

Thou Art I (Persona 4 Arena Ultimax) - This is my most recent plat. It sat on my list uncompleted for years because of the online. Then I decided to just buy a second PS3 to self boost this and some other games. Anyway, I just always really liked this game. Persona 3 is one of my favorite games of all time and it was so cool to see the characters again. As a fighting game it's also one of the most fun, and it's always been a little sad that it came out after the group I used to play fighting games with had broken apart due to the whole life thing.

Birth by Sleep Master (Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep) - After making the Tales of Symphonia guide, I started working on a BBS guide. I stopped because I just didn't want to do the work just for people to complain again, and just left it unfinished. One of the guide mods saw it and asked if they could finish it and upload it, and I didn't really care, so they did. I feel like I have to have this on my cabinet because I technically helped make the guide for it.

• Like 2

I like MMO platinums, so I use my trophy case to display the ones I've gotten. Which aren't many at the moment. Really wish Dauntless would have added one, I really like that game.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

The Beyonder (Marvel Heroes Omega)  - This one is on there because it's an UR plat from an online only game that doesn't exist anymore, and was only up for a short period of time. It's one of my personally most impressive plats.

Same here. Wish the game lasted longer, I was really enjoying it.

• Like 1

I just have "Master Assassin" from Assassin's Creed II for the meanwhile, since it is one of my two favorite games and the first plat I ever got, back when I didn't have an account. If I ever get the Grand Theft Auto IV plat, I'd put it in there too, but yeah, otherwise, don't really have a lot of ideas of what to put in.

• Like 1