Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

7 hours ago, Eruyom said:

HD collection versión, so collect every dog tag again??? shit NO!

vietnamflashback.gif

that's your worry

just think of all the VRStuff again. i found that much harder then the dog tags. that's what killed the platinum for the PSVita version for me

• Like 2

Looking at the Xbox page to order the collection, there’s a seperate page for Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2, along with a seperate page for bonus content (Snakes Revenge and NES metal gear). At the bottom of these 2 individual games (it states not available for seperate purchase) but it says Xbox achievements compatible, would this be akin to 2 seperate lists for the bonus content and MG1 and MG2 ?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/metal-gear-metal-gear-2-solid-snake/9N19JPFFP4CF/0010

Edit: I don’t know a whole lot about the how the Xbox store works, however for the Castlevania Advance collection for example (1 trophy list, multiple games) there’s only 1 game page, no “Games Included are:” then proceeds to list seperate URL game pages. Interesting to hear someone’s thoughts on this

Edited by zachpicc
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Do you think there will be a platinum for each game? including those of msx

The Xbox store has one seperate url/page for the both MSX games, and a seperate page for both NES games, along with 3 seperate pages for each Metal Gear Solid game. This makes me think there’s a plat for each MGS game , and a 2 extra plats or trophy lists (1 for both MSX games and 1 for the NES games). This is because for example if you click on the MSX game bundle on the Xbox store is says Achievements compatible or something similar 

Edited by zachpicc
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I hope they don't change the difficulty and do what Square Enix did with the Final Fantasy pixel remasters. They made them so easy that they basically play themselves

Me too.

This accessibility-trend seems to target the casuals and the more-casual game journos. More players = more profit.

Although for us established ones, the plat's value seems to have been reduced to a mere participation award.

• Like 1

Shame for us, PS4 peasants, who can't afford a PS5. You would think that by being a collection of very old games, Konami wouldn't have a problem releasing it on PS4 as well, which could even encourage PS4 players to migrate to PS5 just in time for Delta's release.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Personally am hoping the trophy list is a single listing like the other Konami remasters have been as of late and is a fairly easy platinum, without having to do all VR's or dogtags in MGS2.  Not expecting it to be though.

I've done every Metal Gear Solid HD Collection platinum for PS3, MGSV on PS4, and have 100% in Revengence.  I don't really want to have to do MGS2 all over again though. Not saying I won't give it another go, but it would be nice not having to do all the VR's and dogtags again.  Now if they give us a way to make the controls for the M4 better than the PS3 version that might help too.  Those were worse for me than the MGS1 Snake sniper missions.

It would be nice if they maybe added rewind features too, it'd make dogtags and VR missions more manageable.  That's not currently in the cards, but it'd be nice.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2023 at 0:27 AM, Boni_Neto said:

Shame for us, PS4 peasants, who can't afford a PS5. You would think that by being a collection of very old games, Konami wouldn't have a problem releasing it on PS4 as well, which could even encourage PS4 players to migrate to PS5 just in time for Delta's release.

That makes less sense than Liquid's demands for Big Boss' body. 

If they make a PS4 version, then why would a PS4 owner migrate to PS5? 

The PS5 exclusiveness is what is supposed to entice you to get the new machine.

1 hour ago, communistwookiee said:

Konami already confirmed that each game will be available individually.

https://www.konami.com/games/ca/en/topics/2230/#:~:text=download at launch.-,“METAL GEAR SOLID%3A MASTER COLLECTION Vol.,much more bonus content**.

And each game being available individually should mean each game having its own list.

This is great news, tbh as much as I love snake eater I've played through it so many times and I'd rather playthrough the remake when it comes out.  So I'll go with MGS1 :)

• Like 1

On 24/06/2023 at 4:13 AM, zachpicc said:

Looking at the Xbox page to order the collection, there’s a separate page for Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2, along with a separate page for bonus content (Snakes Revenge and NES metal gear). At the bottom of these 2 individual games (it states not available for separate purchase) but it says Xbox achievements compatible, would this be akin to 2 separate lists for the bonus content and MG1 and MG2 ?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/metal-gear-metal-gear-2-solid-snake/9N19JPFFP4CF/0010

Edit: I don’t know a whole lot about the how the Xbox store works, however for the Castlevania Advance collection for example (1 trophy list, multiple games) there’s only 1 game page, no “Games Included are:” then proceeds to list separate URL game pages. Interesting to hear someone’s thoughts on this

This seems fairly logical, though I wouldn't imagine the older/shorter games would have a platinum but I guess there aren't any rules against what games can or can't have a platinum.

Edited by bikeman223

On 04/08/2023 at 4:08 AM, ZZ383 said:

That makes less sense than Liquid's demands for Big Boss' body. 

If they make a PS4 version, then why would a PS4 owner migrate to PS5? 

The PS5 exclusiveness is what is supposed to entice you to get the new machine.

Lowering the price of the "machine" overseas would be an excellent start.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

According to the piece you posted: Metal Gear Solid will include Trophy support (including a Platinum Trophy)

Excellent, can't wait to see what the list will be like. Hopefully you'll have to get Big Boss rank, although I doubt it with how easier trophy lists seem to be getting.