Report: Ubisoft remaking Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Abby_TheLastofUs

This is just completely wrong. Even if I dream for an ACII remake, the original deserves a remake even more considering how poorly it has aged.

My hopes went up when I saw the Prince of Persia remake, it was a logical choice, they could continue to Splinter Cell>Rayman>Then Assassin's Creed, if the sales were good, obviously.

They could use the books written by James Bowden to expand upon the story the classic games kinda glossed over, develop better side-missions, change some aspects of the gameplay. 

This is just an economical decision.

Edited by Jeanoltt

just make new fucking entries.

6 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

This is just completely wrong. Even if I dream for an ACII remake, the original deserves a remake even more considering how poorly it has aged.

The first if any yes. does warrant a remake or T best remaster (though that ship has sailed HA)

Honestly it makes the most sense. If they are going to do a full remake (not remaster) and take the RPG route again, Black Flag is the easiest to transition from a traditional Assassin's Creed game to something similar to Origins - Valhalla. Besides, behind Ezio, I would say Edward is probably one of the bigger fan favorites.

However, it does seem odd not to do Altair's story. But I'm suspecting they did not want to do that as we are going back to the middle east with Mirage.

Edited by BestUsername----

Honestly, Black Flag is still gorgeous on my PS4. If it was to be remade, I'd expect it to happen during the PS6 years. Right now, there's absolutely no need for this. As many here, I'd rather see a remake of Altair's game. It's pathetic how it didn't get at least a remaster treatment on the PS4.

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Utilizing the tech developed for Skull and Bones to develop a game that's guaranteed to sell, because Skull and Bones is going to be a sales disaster for Ubisoft.

I would definitely watch a documentary about the development hell of Skull & Bones.

I bet it involves pay2win mtx, lots of NFTs and Ubi execs slowly realizing the community wouldn't swallow that crap.

Ubisoft: Everyone is criticizing us for the Open World RPG formula...now everyone is criticizing us for going "old school" with Mirage. Fuck it, let's just remake the last game everyone loved....AC4!
People: But people have been asking for an AC1 remake for like....forever now. 
Ubisoft: AC4 it is!
People: But there's nothing wrong with AC4, it's still perfectly fine to go back to now. Why not remake the game that actually needs it?
Ubisoft: I SAID GOOD DAY!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Conker said:

did TLOU start a new trend of un-needed remakes?  this is so stupid, Remake the 1st game 

I would say Life is Strange started it, I don't understand the need to remake/remaster games that are already playable on the current gen