Ps Plus  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Rate August 2023's PS+ Extra/Premium lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in for Extra?

• Dreams
    • Sea Of Stars
    • Moving Out 2
    • Lawn Mowing Simulator: Landmark Edition
    • Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
    • Lost Judgment
    • Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed
    • Two Point Hospital: Jumbo Edition
    • Source of Madness
    • Cursed to Golf
    • PJ Masks: Heroes of the Night
    • Transylvania: Scary-Tale Adventures
    • Midnight Fight Express
    • Spellforce III Reforced
  3. 3. Which game are you most interested in for Premium?

• MediEvil: Resurrection
    • Ape Escape: On the Loose
    • Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice

On 8/3/2023 at 7:36 AM, Jelly Soup said:

This happens a lot, actually. At least one title every month is listed in both. I assume cause it's meant as a freebie for the lower tier but there's no harm in reminding the higher tiers that it's available.

On 8/3/2023 at 6:53 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Dreams is part of this month's ps+ essentials and is still listed as part of the lineup for extras/premium tiers 1f914.png well done Sony 1f605.png

I wonder if Sony is going to change the license for Dreams from essentials to extra/premium. I hope not..

I like the flexibility of having games on Essential and Extra because for me personally, I don't always have the ability to do remote play, but I do have my laptop that can handle PS Plus. And you since you can move save data between consoles and streaming with the cloud; it makes it that much easier to continue progress.

I wish more games were supported this way.

• Like 1

Midnight Fight Express is a title I've been low-key wanting to try out for a while so this suits me. Heard good things about Sea of Star as well.

Premium continues to be a bit of a dud in my opinion. When we're getting the PSP remakes of titles that are already on the service, then it comes across as grasping at straws. I know there's various reasons why they can't/won't put some bigger name titles on there but still - for these to be the only titles for the month is just meh.

If others like them though, then that's all fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vezri said:

Huh, i'm honestly surprised they're adding MediEvil Resurrection. From what i remember this version wasn't that great compared to the original or the 2019 remake. 1f914.png

Yeah, ape escape as well seems kind of redundant since the superior versions of both are already on premium(the psp ape escape especially has jank controls) but hey, cant really complain since that means no classics without trophies this month and this opens the door for Medievil 2 down the line(now if only they can fix thier ps2 emulator so we can get ape escape 3 and million monkies since the later got a pal release but not an ntsc one)

Pretty good month, Sea of Stars feels super nostalgic. I really recommend Two Point Hospital & Moving Out for those that haven't tried them.

@Evil_Joker88 As long as you claimed Dreams as an essential game, it's yours to keep forever (if you are suscribed). The problem happens a lot with EA play subscriptions.

Moving Out 2 looks fun; Source of Madness I will look into, could be good; Hotel Transylvania is one of those games I would not have paid  for but will play if it's included; SpellForce III is one I enjoyed the previous games to on PC, Sea of Stars seems like a no-brainer.

Not to shabby, actually

With Lost Judgment, Midnight Fight Express, Moving Out 2 and possibly Sea of Stars this is allready a very good month for me. Plus 2 games for the kids. Allready got Dreams and Cursed to Golf (fun little game). I can't really complain.

The rest will see (time is limited). Make sure to claim Dreams with PlayStation Plus Essential instead of the Extra/Premium. 

3 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

According to the votes, I am, at the moment, the only one excited about the Midnight Fight Express. Really looking forward to playing it! 1f638.png

Me too, buddy! I was expecting Sifu, but I'm happy with this.

Also looking forward to Sea of Stars, Destroy all humans 2 and Moving Out 2. The others are not that exciting and I already have Judgement.

Wow! This is probably the best month of both Extra and Premium for me yet! 

Usually I’m lucky to get one game I’m really interested in but here there are four! I would have bought Moving Out 2 so that is amazing day one, I’ve been looking to get Destroy All Humans! 2 for a while, and then we have Ape Escape P and MediEvil Resurrection to top it off! I would have preferred MediEvil 2 but hopefully that will come later and we’ll have the complete series. ???

Extra:

-Dreams - Interested, although I don't think I'll do much after getting platinum.

-Sea of Stars - Looks good, but I don't know if I'm up for a long RPG. Will reserve placement until I see more of the game in action.

-Moving Out 2 - No interest.

-Destiny 2: The Witch Queen - Not an FPS guy. Did consider doing the Steam version a year or two ago for cross-platform achievement hunting, but ultimately passed on it. Gonna stick to that.

- Lost Judgment - Not really into the 'kung-fu guy does kung-fu guy things in kung-fu guy city' schtick. I never understood the appeal of Shenmue and Yakuza.

-Destroy All Humans 2 Reprobed - Already have a digital copy, but still interested in eventually playing.

-Two Point Hospital: Jumbo Edition - Low end of the high interest list. Think I'd prefer to play this from PC, though.

-Source of Madness - I find roguelites annoying to play, but still. Willing to give this a try. Low end of mild interest list.

-Cursed to Golf - This looks utterly annoying to play.

- PJ Masks: Heroes of the Night - Another kids game, another cheap platinum. Add it to the pile.

-Hotel Transylvania: Scary-Tale Adventures - And another kids game, another cheap platinum. Add it to the pile.

-Lawn Mowing Simulator: Landmark Edition - I do enjoy a nice simulator game. Aside from a stream or two I've not really looked into this. From what I've read, this should be the high end of the mild interest list for me, but a closer look would be a good idea.

-Spellforce III Reforced - Baldur's Gate: Much Cheaper Edition. I'm in. Think I'd prefer this on PC, but.

-Midnight Fight Express - So it's isometric Arkham fights? That sounds fun.

Premium

-MedEvil: Resurrection - I'm positive this was on PSN+ in the past. Regardless, was always interested, just never got around to it. Mid part of the high interest list.

-Ape Escape: On the Loose - In.

-Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice - Out.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Premium

-MedEvil: Resurrection - I'm positive this was on PSN+ in the past. Regardless, was always interested, just never got around to it. Mid part of the high interest list.

Did we not get any Classics this month?

No.

awkward-side-eye.gif

2 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Premium

Medievil and Ape escape are both the psp remakes of the originals iirc