Ps Plus  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Rate September 2023's lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• Saints Row
    • Black Desert
    • Generation Zero
    • None

Yikes...rough month all around. The games certainly did not get any better after Saints Row was announced.

The price increase is a big blow. As much as I've loved Extra though, I have a huge backlog of games I own so it's probably for the best. I'm in no rush to renew now. Hopefully there are still some decent sales on Essential in the future but we'll see.

I'm Plus subscriber since 2011, since Welcome Back program after hackers killed PSN for six weeks. This is one of the worst line up in history of Plus. Not only they giving craps this month, but game that is free as part of the sub and they are rising price just after a year new Plus hit the market. 

Sony and Ryan can go f themselves. I'm playing Starfield this time. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982

NEW PRICE FOR PS PLUS

We also wanted to let you know that starting September 6 we will be increasing the price for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally across all benefit plans. This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service. 

Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

The new prices for the 12-Month subscription will remain at a discounted rate when compared to purchasing the 1-Month or 3-Month subscriptions over a 12-month period. 

For current 12-month subscribers, this price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6. However, any membership changes you make on or after September 6, such as upgrades, downgrades or buying additional time, will update your plan reflecting the new prices.  You can change or cancel your subscription at any time, details here.

Now THIS is what got me. Like, why the hell would they increase the prices across the board? I have PS+ Essential, and truth be told, the offerings from this tier alone this year isn't worth bragging about. However, that Essentials price ALONE is a deluxe edition of a game. Looks like I might as well stack a few years of plus from CDKeys while I can. 

• Like 1

Saints Row is fucking trash. I cannot continue the game even after a year. I installed the game again a few weeks ago just to see what is the difference after nearly 1 year, and they did not improve anything. (Other than adding 2 new districts to the map) The developers did not fixed or fine tuned the aiming, it is still terrible. There is no other game on this planet (or in my backlog) that have a dogshit shooting mechanism. It is fucking awful. Just like the whole game. Please, don't even consider adding this to your library, or if you do it, just try the game out on brand new account that you can delete after you are done. The other two games... well, I have not heard about them. This is the first month when I will not "play" the PS+ games. 

Edited by SectionHUN

Saints Row seems like a fine game, just maligned because it had been put in a series it has no business being part of.

Black Desert - I had been expecting this one to eventually go free. Close enough.

Generation Zero -  Nope.

Seen worse, though I agree this is a somewhat low-tier  month.

56 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

*One of the worst games of 2022*

*Pay to win online*

*Game with a lot of potential that ended up wasted*

Truly an outstanding month. 

jurassic-park-this-is-one-big-pile-of-sh

This^

Seriously Sony, WTF are you thinking 🤬? Of all the classic must have games Sony has available to them as a counter to Starfield, they had to pick this garbage!

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Absolutely heartbreaking to see this release and the price increase. All while being this close to Starfield and the Activision merger. I truly hope Sony gets knocked on their butt for a second and figures out that we should see increased value in services when they go up... I'm usually incredibly positive, but this really seems like a completely tone-deaf move at the worst possible time. 

• Like 4

First time I'm voting for awful in one of these polls. Usually the games aren't for me but I can see the appeal for some, but this time it really is terrible. Saints Row was pretty much universally hated, and from what I can tell the hate was well deserved. Black Desert is apparently a P2W MMORPG, perhaps the type of game I have the least interest in. And Generation Zero has a score of 45 on Metacritic, and while you shouldn't blindly trust Metacritic, a score of 45 definitely isn't a good sign.

And on top of that, a year of PS Plus Extra goes from £84 to £100? What a joke. Just a few days ago people were speculating we'd get something big in response to Starfield, but we get this.

Edited by disaster500
  • Like 3

Last week i added a year to my suscription because i have 30% off. Probably the most casually smart move i've made (at least if you take only the price to evaluate it).

And as others said, is this the BEST move they can think in the month of Xbox's first really big game? Jim Ryan is on the next level of assholes. 

hopefully I'm not alone with this... but this might be on par with the May 2020 line-up, i genuinely don't remember a line-up this bad (to me at least)

Maybe the Extra/Premium games will be some glimmer of hope, but October 2023 better surprise EVERYONE when it comes to monthly games

Edited by Exeshow678

When do they usually announce the Extra and Premium line up. 

let’s hope they are not as disappointment as this. For me that is. 

I am sure others are happy getting September’s Essentials Picks. 

Edited by ZEE11W