Modern Warfare III as DLC trophies?

2 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

i just posted 2 mins ago

so to sum it up:

-activision didnt intend for it to be listed as dlc
- this is the limitations of the ps5 trophy system when games are released under the same launcher(COD HQ)
-this is a sony trophy system issue.

ps4 and ps5 trophy systems are seperately designed.

Yeah, it's a bit concerning for the future of AAA games, at least as far as trophy lists are concerned. If they keep pushing the same launcher for multiple games, each new game will just end up as a DLC with no plat.

Honestly, I don't particularly mind the no plat so much as the list being tacked onto another game. Glad this didn't affect me, but can make you think twice about future games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

This is pretty insane, but it's definitely not a mistake. If they're using only one hub to launch games, then it has to be a single trophy list linked to that app.

It's really sad for trophy hunters, but I think this is the way many of these big franchises will go in the future. We know Assassin's Creed is doing it next with their Infinity hub. So it'll basically be this one app with a single trophy list working as the game launcher. And each individual games, although sold as such, will be treated as add-ons to this main app by the PS5. Therefore, the only way to add trophies for the new games is by doing a DLC list.

So again, it's not a mistake but rather a limitation of the flawed trophy system. I believe this is the only way they can handle this on PS5 if they want to launch games through a hub.

I dont understand.  Can you explain more?

What is hub? 

Not a good look for the game for sure, the trophies looked like a fuller game than some previous CoDs too.

Crazy how neither Activision or Sony/MS didn't come out with a better solution sooner, even if its only a handful of games that are affected. Seems a silly way to release a game tbh, whether its a barebones one or fuller release.

It probably had nothing to do with the whole MS thing, but would guess that in the past there may have been a chance it would it get fixed/looked in to on both ends, but now its far less likely for sure.

Wow, we can play Halloween Puzzle for a platty instead of CoD xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Okay but I have a legit question that doesn't seem to be answered in this thread:

If I remember correctly, not obtaining any trophies in a DLC pack will not count against your completion here, correct? I went from 100% with this game to 49% like every other plat holder, and I'm not going to get this game until I see reviews, gameplay, and my library has it for free. That's how I got the plats for MW2019 and MWII. My stats did not seem to take a hit from these trophies being added. Am I understanding the calculations correctly, even if the calculations themselves are wonky?

DLC trophy lists absolutely do count towards your completion stats, whether or not you've gotten some of the trophies in them. 

• Like 1

I am laughing at everyone, this is a clown simulator 

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah, it's a bit concerning for the future of AAA games, at least as far as trophy lists are concerned. If they keep pushing the same launcher for multiple games, each new game will just end up as a DLC with no plat.

Honestly, I don't particularly mind the no plat so much as the list being tacked onto another game. Glad this didn't affect me, but can make you think twice about future games. 

Nah it's just unique to Cod at the moment. Consider that there are like what, 4 different devs working with 4 different engines that are like what 2 decades old. This is their attempt to standardize on one common engine and ti patch security issues. It's the reason why games pre black ops 3 are fully of modded lobbies and hackers to the point that the only way to play only without being doxxed is to use things like plutonium, which certain 3rd party ate bring shut down because Activision wants money

Bricky has a video on CoD's security issues if you want to watch it

Just now, XxIsa-GxX said:

Why do companies have to mess up non-broken features and stuff (e.g. new Trophy system and opening games on Hub/Launchers/HQ), whereas their predecessors did a much better job in comparison...

Nah man, the older call of duty games have borderline unplayable online, like I'm pretty sure infinity war can't be played online on PC because of its anti cheat software

1 minute ago, wackt1 said:

Bricky has a video on CoD's security issues if you want to watch it

The sad thing is Activision (or the respective subsidiary companies) won't fix this issue and do not care about preserving older releases at all other than cease and desisting mods that fix those issues, while only focusing on their cash cows... Here's the mentioned video (IIRC) if anyone is interested in this topic:

Ya this is why ps5 has a dlc list, and ps4 has a standalone, their trying to update their games to be on 1 common engine to crack down on cheating. Ps4 is outdated hardware and and unironically why it has its own list probably 

The older titles have shit security and why black ops 2 will never receive a patch 

It a waste of money and resources when they can make another black ops game in the new engine

Some tweets said it’s live so I checked it and it doesn’t even say I own the game.

I’m game sharing from my NZ alt to myself. So it seems like the rumours that this can’t be game shared are possibly true. 
Logged into my actual NZ alt and it works so this game can’t be game shared either.

They can fuck right off and my CoD series completion (minus BO2), can fuck off too. 

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

I am laughing at everyone, this is a clown simulator 

Nah it's just unique to Cod at the moment. Consider that there are like what, 4 different devs working with 4 different engines that are like what 2 decades old. This is their attempt to standardize on one common engine and ti patch security issues. It's the reason why games pre black ops 3 are fully of modded lobbies and hackers to the point that the only way to play only without being doxxed is to use things like plutonium, which certain 3rd party ate bring shut down because Activision wants money

Happened with Uncharted Legacy Collection too, although it was known from launch. 

Seems PS5 can't have multiple lists from the same launcher. 

1 hour ago, SzzMN said:

Some tweets said it’s live so I checked it and it doesn’t even say I own the game.

I’m game sharing from my NZ alt to myself. So it seems like the rumours that this can’t be game shared are possibly true. 
Logged into my actual NZ alt and it works so this game can’t be game shared either.

They can fuck right off and my CoD series completion (minus BO2), can fuck off too. 

Thats probably because of the way some DLC is treated by the PSN. Some DLCs are considered "owned" by them being installed. Those you can install with one user and play with a different user. You buy the right o download so to say.
With some other DLCs, you dont buy the right to download, but the right to use, so to say, so those DLCs are only playable with a user that has bought it. Typical cases of this are DLCs that get worked into the main game ie. if there is a big update that includes the DLC, everybody downloads the DLC with the patch, but only those users which buy the right to use the DLC can play the new content. If you buy a DLC and dont have to download anything to use it, thats the case.

Why this is the case with MW3 i cant imagine though, because it would be insane to pack a whole game into a general update that everbody downloads...  However, if i remember correctly, at the start of CoD Warzone, you could play Warzone for free, but the download was the whole game including the campaign and the regular MP, which is insane too, so who knows...

• Like 2

On 11/1/2023 at 6:25 PM, czDante92 said:

the games have become absolute mess, please take me back to simple days of OG Modern Warfare.

As someone who's new to the series, I am getting confused constantly. MW on PS3, a PS4 remake, a new game???? Why does everything have to have the same name!

2 hours ago, Umdytr said:

DLC trophy lists absolutely do count towards your completion stats, whether or not you've gotten some of the trophies in them. 

Can confirm, I went from 100% on Ghost of Tsushima to like 63%.