Most Recent Platinum

Muff

9 hours ago, Zolkovo said:

1L1d1121.png

#28 Platinum Trophy (0.70%)

Max Payne 3

Thoroughly enjoyable experience despite a few technical hiccups. Great story, although it does get a bit tiresome after the 6th playthrough.

My only gripes with this game are some of the epic game breaking bugs & freezes as well as the inability to skip a lot of cut scenes. Thankfully arcade mode cuts out the beginning and end of every chapter, so it's only really 2 of the playthroughs where I had to soldier through the tedium. As for the bugs, I faced the majority of them during score attack, regular NYM and story modes so it wasn't such a big deal although I did face a couple during NYMHC runs which was frustrating.

The worst part by far was the level 50 grind. Repeating the same level over and over 500+ times was one hell of a task and took me around 30 hours in total, but the pain was dulled by a few excellent Karl Pilkington/Ricky Gervais/Steven Merchant podcasts. I also kept myself motivated by constantly trying to beat my score while maintaining speed in score attack. I ended up with global #2 under soft-lock and global #15 under free-aim, which was really surprising as I was rushing through the level without paying much attention to headshots/multipliers etc.

Overall my rating for this game is as follows:

Difficulty: 6/10
Enjoyment: 9/10
Grind: 7/10

I too listen to the old podcasts whilst grinding games, the Gervais / Merchant / Pilkington trio is better than any comedy show ever.  It's a shame when people only know of them through AIA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

I too listen to the old podcasts whilst grinding games, the Gervais / Merchant / Pilkington trio is better than any comedy show ever.  It's a shame when people only know of them through AIA.

I was thrilled to recently discover a huge collection of XFM recordings (where they cut out all the songs). There are 4 series, with series 2 hosting a whopping 51 episodes! A few have guest speakers where one or more of the presenters are on holiday but I tend to skip them. The format is really similar to the podcasts. Anyway in case you haven't heard these either:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxxcWWEicSLu1JTjacA0Z-A/playlists

I haven't listened to series 1 yet, so my recommendation is based on series 2, 3 and 4.

Edited by Zolkovo

24 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

ojmBMBM.png

zykkO0U.png

Transcendence 
Earn all the trophies in the game (excluding additional content trophies).

Same here, my latest addition is the WipEout HD Platinum that I got yesterday. 
This also happened to be my
100th Platinum!

• Like 1