Most Recent Platinum

Muff

#51 - Rocket Arena

EuNTzWoXAAMiMYy?format=jpg&name=large

So I was always interested in playing this before it went on PS Plus but I never bought because to me it always seemed like a game that should have been FTP from the start or been given as a plus game when it orginally came out but it wasn't, when it finally came to plus it was a perfect chance for me to start palying it. It was a fun game at first a good way to kill an hour or two on a saturday afternoon adn the trophies were pretty easy to get so I made the decision to get the plat which I don't regret but dear god those level trophies are just a killer because of the massive grind they are, by the time I had 5 character's to level 25 I'd got my fill out of the game but I still had to get a character to level 100 so going from 50 to 100 after that was just a chore. All the trophies can be done in bot matches by the way so it's not hard it's just a massive chore and now that I've completed it I'm retiring from Rocket Arena.

• Like 4

Dirt 5

Really enjoyable racing game. The variety of cars and events is very impressive and it really didn't bore me once.

There are only 21 trophies, so very few filler trophies - most being tied to the career mode. The career mode has a fun narrative in the form of various podcasts with some good humour thrown in.

The difficulty is fair. Unlike some racing games which are hard throughout, easy is actually easy and hard is harder. There is one exception to this: one vehicle that comes around four times throughout your career really spikes the difficulty to another level - but for those not caring about completing them, you don't have to win them all to achieve Platinum.

The one downside is that there are numerous game crashes after races - and trophies can be dodgy to pop. I only experienced one trophy not popping at the right time but it corrected itself soon after. I know a lot of other people experienced quite a few though. The crashes though - I probably had 8 or 9 of them during my play. Too many. For only that reason it loses a rating so...

9/10

• Like 2

Platinum #419 Rogue Company

1L6c3a88.png

Overall, a great experience. I had a lot of fun. For a free game, great graphics and gameplay. In view of the massive amount of free games I have ever gotten platinum, this was one of the best. The game is nothing original, but it entertains; and even more than some overrated AAA's. The only problematic trophy was getting 100 wins, this trophy can be brutal if you play with random people, I strongly recommend you play with friends at party. Oh, and the 25 hour party trophy can be a little frustrating without friends lol. Time: +60 hours, +300 games.