Most Recent Platinum

Muff

platinum #871 Cybxus Heart (ps4)

completed in 16 minutes and 17 seconds

platinum rarity 96.90% common

platinum name:  Cyber heroes 

this is the last of the fast games. now i can start on a game that will take several days. next one is Alphadia Gensis 2 (ps4) another kemco game.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2024 at 8:08 PM, Viper said:

:platinum: #350

Ghost of Tsushima (PS5)

Living Legend

1L8da7f0.png

Thought I was absolutely flying through this playthrough, but it some how took me 3 days longer to Plat it than the PS4 version back in 2021. 

I gave a longer review for the PS4 version when I got that Plat, so I don't want to rehash things I already said before,  but this is still a blast to play. I was worried early on that I might end up feeling that fatigue from playing it before, that sense of "yeah, I've done this before". But honestly the game felt fresh again, and I forgot a lot of the finer details. Not even bored with it now, ready to jump into the Iki Island expansion. I bought the DLC for the PS4 version months after I got the Plat, and just found it hard to jump back in, so I'll get it done now on PS5 while the game is fresh in my mind, might even try out Legends Mode which I didn't bother with last time (I know most people say it was great, but it felt like another one of those unneeded MP modes in a SP game). 

But this is definitely one of my favorites to come out of the major PlayStation exclusives (that are now mostly on PC), the story is brutal, tragic, heartfelt. All the characters are likable...except maybe Kenji, he felt like the dimwitted comic relief character in a drab, serious setting with very little room for him. Khotun Khan was menacing, smart and dastardly, the actor playing him ate up every scene he was in. I'm guessing the Shogun will be the enemies in the sequel, perhaps? These authority figures branding you a traitor even though you sacrificed everything to save your people...Jin will possibly be doing something to restore his name while they hunt you. Can't wait...rumors saying it could be officially announced this year. 

Amazing game, worth the replay. 

It really is a great game. One of the most visually stunning I've played.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:25 PM, RylahPlatin said:

Platinum #45 [Final Fantasy VII Rebirth]

L96011d.png

:platinum:Total Playtime: 172 hours

:platinum:Difficulty: 8/10

:platinum:Enjoyment: 10/10

PSNP :platinum: Rarity: 1,22% (Ultra Rare)

The Planet's Hope

1L319c24.png

IT'S DONE - I don't want to exaggerate, but this was definitely a test of strength and endurance.

Firstly, the game is beautiful and probably my game of the year.

Playing through the story was amazing and really did justice to the world and legacy of Final Fantasy VII.

The story alone took me around 100 hours - I also played all the mini-games and open-world content as the came along.

I really enjoyed the mini-games - it really felt like a mixture of Yakuza and Final Fantasy. I like both franchises - so it didn't bother me at all.

To name a few of the best: Jumpfrog (hello Fallguys), Run Wild (hello Rocket League) and Queen's Blood.
Also, playing through the different music themes on a piano rhythm game was great.

Generally, they weren't that hard - you pretty much got through them all after a few tries. The Tifa sit-ups took me the longest.

That was all well and good - but then came the two biggest challenges: Harmode and combat simulation.

If you have the right materia setting and take the time to level up your materia, you're pretty much on the safe side for the first 11 chapters on hard mode.

It felt like the hard mode from Remake - which all in all wasn't that bad.

In chapter 12, the difficulty was increased. Rufus / Darkstar was the first wall. Also the fight is not fun at all.

Chapters 13/14 were quite a slog - luckily the checkpoints on the last bosses were really fair. That took some of the difficulty away.

The Chadley combat simulation - well, let's start with the brutal battles.

Again, you can just skim over the first few. The first difficulty spike came with Challenge 5 - The Seventh Seal - especially the Gigantuar and Gargantuar group.

Luckily I got through it pretty quickly - the fight was pure chaos, so it was probably more luck than anything else.

Brutal Challenge 6: The Rulers of the Outer Worlds was, in my opinion, the hardest challenge the game had to offer. There were a lot of "easy" strategies, but none of them worked for me. In the end, I had the most success with the "Aerith Limit Loop" method - the strategy also felt the most consistent.

After about 10 hours of trial and error, I was finally victorious.

The last bit was the Legenday Combat Simulation challenges - and thankfully they weren't as bad as the brutal ones.

You get a solo challenge with all the characters. This was really fun and you get to know the strengths of each character.

Overall, though, they were quite manageable. 
With one exception: Moss-Grown Adamantoise with Barret. This fight felt like you had to make perfect decisions and play without mistakes.

After the solo challenges, there are two duo challenges (Cloud/Zack and Cloud/Sephiroth)
Cloud/Sephiroth felt like a really fun challenge and was probably my favourite battle sim - due to the great synergy and utility Sephiroth had to offer.
Cloud/Zack was the second hardest challenge - luckily my biggest problems (Titan, Hueyacoatl) were in the first two rounds, so I was able to learn and replay them easily.

Once I got past them, it was a breeze.

All in all, I really enjoyed the game - I think the combat challenges are set way too high, but everything was manageable in the end.

After playing the game all month, I'm definitely going to play some more relaxed games :)

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

IidVY27.jpeg

Platinum Shot after 172 hours - final trophy was for finishing all of Johnny's Treasure Trove

AZZ28xm.jpeg

Next Up :platinum:#46

L648c20.png

Congrats :)

On 3/15/2024 at 8:19 AM, Smaxoy said:

:platinum: #151, 152, 153

mass-effect-legendary-edition-bioware-invites-you-to-make-yo_axuv.1200.jpg

What a journey that was.....

I rarely play games that connected to each other buy one story like Metro trilogy, Telltale's The Walking Dead and so on, so on of the sales i've pick up Mass Effect Legendary edition to give it a try. I didn't know much before playing aside of the whole Reaper-Harvest concept, Shepard and some other characters and ME 3 ending fail.

But man, that were hell of the games, 1 week and trilogy completed, the last time I was that involved in the game and It's characters that much was RDR 2 back in 2018.
Luara, Tali, Wrex, Joker, Miranda, Mordin and many of them are pillars on which ME stands, and I'll remember many of them, and Shepard of course.

Solid story in which u can see your decisions matter and can be traced, even poor side missions in ME 1 can influence two other games in expected moments.

Now I'm up to play Andromeda and replay trilogy on Insanity, wish me luck)

Hardly recommend this game to any, who didn't play yet, this game will steal your heard and your tears, if u mess up somewhere (Rannoch moment)

1Lfcaae0.png1Lfe6d43.png1L3706ba.png

Awesome :)

• Like 4