Most Recent Platinum

Muff

13 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I really feel bad for those who were hyped for this before release. I can't imagine how disappointing it was. I had no faith being EA.

Great review - I was one of the fools who, not only purchased day one, but preordered Anthem for over $100.00... You can imagine how gobsmacked I am! Honestly though, like you outlined yourself, I still enjoyed what little the game had to offer, especially around release when the playerbase was peaking and I had a dedicated team to go through content. I haven't returned to the game since I finished it shortly after release, and likely won't. At the time, it was because both Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and the Resident Evil 2 remake were releasing (much better preorders, lol), nowadays though I just don't think there is much of a reason to return to a game that the developers have clearly given up on. I don't think I have the patience to get my remaining trophies, so congratulations to you for bearing through it all.

I cannot agree more that Anthem could have become so much more, potentially rivalling even that of other, popular looter shooters such as Destiny, if only it had been given adequate care and attention during development and post-launch. I cannot say entirely whether the fault is at Bioware or EA (my money's on EA), though one thing's for sure: I should have known better myself. This, along with other disappointing day one launches, have made me unsubscribe to the idea of preorders altogether. All in all though, if you can salvage through all of the crap, there's some enjoyment to be had with Anthem's short-lived moments of polish.

• Like 1