Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

The problem is this one new article from ubisoft that always get surfaced and that doesn't mention if all online services are shutdown or only the Uplay part. In a lot of cases with online trophies, only the Uplay part is turned off.
In the old forum post (which I can't find atm) they clearly stated what was shutdown but I don't know if that is still updated or that from now on we have to do it with the new article that is on their support page as well.

This article:
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

Edited by Kolm

13 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

They did it. Ubisoft did it. 

They edited the list to correct the misinformation. 

Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Call of Juarez 3: The Cartel PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360

Shit... Just checked quickly latest achievers of some MP trophies: seems that those games really died around 12th of April 2022... Can somebody confirm? :/

10 minutes ago, Smashero said:
Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Call of Juarez 3: The Cartel PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360

Shit... Just checked quickly latest achievers of some MP trophies: seems that those games really died around 12th of April 2022... Can somebody confirm? :/

Just checked Bound In Blood and it let me create and start an online match solo. Couldn't find any matches to join though.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

They did it. Ubisoft did it. 

They edited the list to correct the misinformation. 

I didn't expect it that quickly, but I sure am glad they got this far. Next step would be putting back in all those dates those went down, then start listing any upcoming shutdowns...

...and they'll be right back to what they already had working months ago.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I didn't expect it that quickly, but I sure am glad they got this far. Next step would be putting back in all those dates those went down, then start listing any upcoming shutdowns...

...and they'll be right back to what they already had working months ago.

Agreed

Edited by Hysteria

I don't even know if I will go for Brotherhood at this point. Royal pain in the ass. Five or six people to boost effectively. The more people that is required the bigger pain in the butt that it is to boost.

May join Grand Theft Auto V, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 on my list of unobtainables on my trophy account.

41 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

I think so. No problem with MP in my case, altough i have to purchase the DLC for the extra trophies.

¿What about TERA? I don't see a notification on the first page's list and the game has a "defunction" date (June 30).

Only the PC version of Tera is closing - the console versions are staying up for now.

• Like 2

On 20/04/2022 at 4:44 PM, tony_snake_24 said:

I will download the game later but if anyone can confirm that you can still get those scrolls it would be greatly appreciated. ?

Just finished redownloading it tonite, the free scroll isn't available anymore currently and while there isn't enough time to get the second lv 65 scroll for daily login (need 25 days by May 12th). There is some 100% XP boosts plus extra bonuses in mail for anniversary and a new adventurer progression system that's been introduced for reaching certain levels. There is also a welcome back chest pack with strong equipment per certain levels hit for returning players to boost your stats. These can all speed the time up considerably for some people.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don't even know if I will go for Brotherhood at this point. Royal pain in the ass. Five or six people to boost effectively. The more people that is required the bigger pain in the butt that it is to boost.

May join Grand Theft Auto V, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 on my list of unobtainables on my trophy account.

You are struggling with AC:B for a pretty long time. Just make a decision already. 

You could have completed it 100 times in the mean time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

You are struggling with AC:B for a pretty long time. Just make a decision already. 

You could have completed it 100 times in the mean time. 

I've done my share of boosting in my time. You can't expect to do well in everything, and I've only started taking Brotherhood a bit more seriously since last year.

8 hours ago, StarWolf3000 said:

It is not, only the PC version is affected. And since you can't play across PC and consoles (PS4 and Xbox), there's no need to cease operation of the console versions. All announcements from the developers (even on the korean official website) explicitely mention the PC version, which is developed by a different team than the console versions, and also runs on Gameforge's servers (both NA and EU as of 2020, after En Masse Entertainment shutdown business). The development team behind the console versions is entirely different and the servers are provided by KRAFTON (the parent company of Bluehole Studio, which is the developer of the PC version).

You can follow discussion here in our separate topic in the game's subforum: 

We'll see. The game itself is done, anyway.

Edited by Lance_87

Sega is delisting Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic CD on May 20th

SEGA announced today that the company will delist the digital versions of the stand-alone titles that will be featured in the upcoming game, Sonic Origins on May 20, 2022.

This will include Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD. There are a couple of exceptions - Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 will remain available via SEGA AGES on the Nintendo Switch and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will still be playable via Sega Genesis on Nintendo Switch Online +.

I assume sonic 2 is peer to peer because when i did the online legit years ago i noticed the game was much laggier when i was playing as tails(as the host is always sonic by default) so i doubt theres any servers to shutdown(barring ps3s entire psn servers)

• Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 4:59 AM, Lance_87 said:

I think it's completely shutting down. There's no reason to keep the console servers running when the "main" version is going away.

While nothing has been officially announced, I tend to think think they’ll release a couple more updates (the console version is apparently behind the PC version in terms of updates) and then shutter it sometime this fall/winter. Of course, that’s speculation, but AFAIK the company that owns the console servers are also the developers, and they’re ceasing development of the game completely.

Given how popular the game apparently still is in Korea, and that version is also being shut-off, I see no reason to think they’d leave the console versions in, essentially, “maintenance mode” for long. 

Also, don’t know if this game has been added yet, but I recently saw that Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars for PS Vita has been delisted (at least on the US store, not sure how long it’s been gone). 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:19 AM, Vampirehunter145 said:

Tested the servers for Brotherhood, Revelations and Black Flag. Each of them is alive and well as of this moment (even got a trophy in "The Lost Archive" in Revelations). ¿So, there is no confirmation yet of a date when these will go down?

I am so happy to hear this. I need the PS3 Brotherhood MP Trophies. Another reason why I hate MP Trophies required for PLATS. 

• Like 3