“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Hey @Gretchen27 I'm really sorry. Covid issues at work and forgot to post.

I just managed to get a streak challenge done but ill update it in the form. I hope this is okay. 

It was the horizon chase turbo dlc.

Saved my month.

I dont mind if you dont update me or the streak challenge until the end of November out of respect for your time. But it'd be awesome if you can at some point.

Edited by AUSTRALIANDJ
Info
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Gretchen27 Where be the two games I posted in the form? 

I posted them on October second.

I'll look for them when updating the OP. I can be a blind bat sometimes. 

3 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Did you check the September update? I think the form usually switches on around the third of a month

The dates are the only thing that switches on the Form. On my end, every month goes to the same excel sheet. Which may explain why I missed Psy-Tychist, those first days of a new month usually have overlaps from the previous.

3 hours ago, RoadRunner_005 said:

I'd like to join in on this event. Granted I don't have many unfinished games over six months old, but it should give me motivation to finish a couple games I've been putting off for a long time.

Welcome! I'm interested in hearing about Greedfall & Two Point Hospital when you get those finished. They both look fun. 

Best of luck with the others & I'll have you in the OP soon. 

• Like 2

Geez, I need an event like this. Unfortunately, much of my backlog is related to platinum-breaking ultra-rare trophies. However, if I can chip away at a game a month, that's better than nothing. The time limit is six months or more since last earning a trophy? 

October: After 7 years, 10 months, I finally platinumed Medal of Honor Warfighter. Thanks to everyone who helped.

November: I restarted Brain Challenge. This will take months to complete. 

Not counting the 24 0% games, the 4 completely frozen-due-to-server-closure games, and the 7 games that can never be 100% completed due to server closure, this is where I stand: 

PS3 - 45 titles

PS4 - 14 titles

Some games, like Marvel Pinball, Dying Light, and Street Fighter IV I will most likely never complete. I've already spent hours of frustration on certain trophies, like Parkour Fever, Bozak Horde, and various pinball tables. However,  there are others I want to at least try.

Brain Challenge

Fast Draw Showdown

The Fight

Sackboy's Prehistoric Move

Naughty Bear

The Playroom

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One

Sniper Elite V2

Dead Nation

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Assassins Creed Valhalla. I think it's kinda funny, that they call the DLC "Mastery mode" and it's probably the most buggy thing I can remember Ubisoft releasing.

Also, a lot of the challenges aren't "How good can you use our pre-made build in situation XY", instead they are "How many enemies can burn themselves"

Then I had to reset a few of my skills, because if you don't you can't complete optional stuff that was released MONTHS after the game

Really looking forward to another year of DLC for this pile of garbage.

Dang, wow. Thanks for posting this, Jay. I was looking forward to getting a PS5 before playing this, as Ubisoft burned almost all its bridges with me for how they handled Division 2. 

1. I paid full price for the Ultimate Edition with Season Pass at launch, $100 US. A year or two later, Ubisoft released Warlords of New York, which they had been planning all along but didn't include with the ultimate edition. Warlords required a separate purchase of $25.

2. The Operation Dark Hours raid had no matchmaking upon release and was practically unwinnable on console. In two months, only two hundred nineteen players worldwide were able to finish. That was for both PS4 and Xbox combined. Hundreds of players complained to Ubisoft, asking for the raid to be patched. Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft's response was an arrogant, "Get good. We're fine with the raid as it is." After two months of infuriated gamers protesting, Ubisoft finally caved and adjusted the difficulty. By that point, the damage had been done. I would guess over 70% of Division 2 console gamers said, "F- this, we're done" and left the title completely.

3. The loot/gear system was an indecipherable mess for at least 18 months. I spent hours creating spreadsheets and researching online to find out which drops were good for what builds. The end-game loot was hopelessly complicated. The loot system now is what the game needed to be at launch. 

4. Data miners determined the drop rate for God-tier rolls was 0.02%. Players could literally spend thousands of hours grinding for a particular weapon with particular stats before finally having one drop.

5. Ubisoft totally destroyed the cosmetic portion of Division 2 with microtransaction greed. In The Division 1, players could break items down for credit that could be purchase cosmetics they didn't own. While playing the the game to 100%, I acquired most of the cosmetics in the natural course of play. In Division 2, Ubisoft completely destroyed the loot roll system for cosmetics. When I first started playing the game, there were 115 items I could roll for. After 50 rolls, I had acquired less than 25 unique items, as over half my rolls were duplicate items I already possessed. The items I broke down for store credits were around 25% of what was needed to get another item, whereas in Division 1 they were closer to 30-50%. Ubisoft charged real money for players to get skins, and they weren't cheap.

DLC month continues :D

This time it's Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

I've never played the Bright Lord DLC, and I've struggled with the Hunt of the Mistress trophy before leaving the game again.

BUT, I've honestly feel like I've never played a game better than the Test of the Wild this time. Everything just worked... in the end I had 9 minutes spare.

In the second try that is, my first try failed with a time of 40:25 (the time limit is 40:00).

I didn't use the backup strat mentioned in the guide, but I did quit out to reset the Graug baits quite a lot. With less than 2 minutes time for every captain and Warchief, killing them with combat finishers isn't really an option.

Thankfully most of the Warchiefs have bodyguards, that's an important time saver. If you can't kill most of them during Riots the challenge is impossible I believe.

17 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Dang, wow. Thanks for posting this, Jay. I was looking forward to getting a PS5 before playing this, as Ubisoft burned almost all its bridges with me for how they handled Division 2. 

Valhalla is still worth playing, it's a good RPG. And maybe I just had bad luck with how many people in the challenges killed themselves. You'll need patience for the mastery stuff, that's for sure.

Not quite sure if I will do another game this month, or if I'm already checking out for November. Time will tell I guess.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

DLC month continues :D

This time it's Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

I've never played the Bright Lord DLC, and I've struggled with the Hunt of the Mistress trophy before leaving the game again.

BUT, I've honestly feel like I've never played a game better than the Test of the Wild this time. Everything just worked... in the end I had 9 minutes spare.

In the second try that is, my first try failed with a time of 40:25 (the time limit is 40:00).

I didn't use the backup strat mentioned in the guide, but I did quit out to reset the Graug baits quite a lot. With less than 2 minutes time for every captain and Warchief, killing them with combat finishers isn't really an option.

Thankfully most of the Warchiefs have bodyguards, that's an important time saver. If you can't kill most of them during Riots the challenge is impossible I believe.

Thanks for posting this. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor has been sitting at 97% on my profile for years thanks to the two trophies you mentioned. Wow, 9 minutes to spare? Holy cow. I remember rage quitting on my last attempt two years ago when I was putting the sword to the last target enemy at 39:55. The extended animation for the kill put me at 40:02. The attempt did not count. 

For the other, I didn't think about quitting out to reset the Graug bait. I made the mistake of starting riots in the upper right-hand corner of the map. The warchiefs and captains spawned in riots, but navigating that castle maze with the Graug was too cumbersome. Some targets became terrified, ran faster than I could, and hid in narrow and elevated walkways where the Graug couldn't reach.

I appreciate the clarification on Valhalla.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1

On 09/11/2021 at 1:17 AM, Gretchen27 said:

Hey everyone, 

Dropping in to say the OP update is going to be postponed for right now. Last week was hectic at work while dealing with a sick dog. By the weekend she took a turn for the worst, it's still touch & go at the moment. & since it's not typical to be this late with the update, I wanted to let you all know the reason. Continue clearing off those games as usual. I'll catch it up when there's less on my shoulders. 

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this Gretchen, please don't worry about the thread and take care of yourself and the doggo, at all times real life should come first. I hope everything clears up soon and you can relax again. Be safe okay!

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Hey everyone, 

Dropping in to say the OP update is going to be postponed for right now. Last week was hectic at work while dealing with a sick dog. By the weekend she took a turn for the worst, it's still touch & go at the moment. & since it's not typical to be this late with the update, I wanted to let you all know the reason. Continue clearing off those games as usual. I'll catch it up when there's less on my shoulders. 

Of course, don't worry about a forum board when serious life stuff is weighing on you )): Im hoping your dog can recover, I know how scary of an experience it is to go through pet emergencies. I'll be thinking of you and your dog ❤️

• Like 2