If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

9 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

and what if you started a game and went in the middle of it you deleted the trophies then you started it again with the same save file probably would pop all those trophies again like cheating by using save files and that people may abuse that option

This actually happened to me when I was playing Witcher 3 on PC. I platted Witcher 3 on PS4, but got a gaming laptop to play through the whole trilogy. Then I discovered modding via Nexus Mods and began modding Witcher 3. But because I hadn't really played it yet on PC since I was going in order, I downloaded a save to test some of the mods not available until later in the game. As soon as I loaded up the save, because it was so late in the game, a bunch of achievements popped right after another (about 25% lol).

13 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I wish there was an elegant way to hide trophies that didn't lump you in with the cheaters.

If PS5 offered the option to delete trophies I would probably cull about a quarter of all my earned trophies. Mostly I would just delete games I didn't really care for and that includes at least 3 platinums (Coffin Dodgers, Dying Reborn, The Little Acre). I would also delete my Sound Shapes stack because I don't like that I didn't really earn it a second time.

I would delete all my plats that's above 50% rarity except for the ones I enjoyed. But mostly those shitty 1 hour plats I now regret getting but stopped that about a year ago. 95 of my 151 plats is below 50% anyways. Also would delete my games which I earn 5 or 6 trophies. It pisses me off looking at it:giggle:

• Like 1

I would delete games where I accidentally earned a trophy in & didn't want to stain my profile with its presence. Oh, and the Energy Cycle list. I feel a lot of shame for having it on my profile permanently 

6 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

I would delete all my plats that's above 50% rarity except for the ones I enjoyed. But mostly those shitty 1 hour plats I now regret getting but stopped that about a year ago. 95 of my 151 plats is below 50% anyways. Also would delete my games which I earn 5 or 6 trophies. It pisses me off looking at it:giggle:

50% seems a bit high tbh, there are some genuine good games with that rarity (Undertale for example)

Anything above 80% is wall of shame tier I have to say

15 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

My own trophies? Nah, but I would delete other people's trophies they spent so long getting if I got the chance. All of them. Maybe we could organise trophy hit squads that break into the homes of individuals high on the leaderboards with the sole purpose of deleting their trophies. :devil:

The option to delete trophies is a bad idea. :P

I just imagined your victims reporting to the police like:
-Somebody broke into my house!
-What did they take sir?

-My Trophies!

-Are you a hunter sir?

-Yes, im a Trophy Hunter!

xD

• Like 2

Maybe not deleting games/lists. But an option I would realy like to have is being able to hide/disable DLC. Kinda in the same way like you can delete a 0% game.

For example: There are some games I played or want to play, that have a lot of DLC that I dont like. If I buy a base game without the DLC. I dont like it that you only have 70% because of it.

It should not be default. But a "Hide DLC trophies" option I would realy like. But only when you have 0%, or dont own the dlc at all.

Those games can still flagged as "Base game only" for example. so you have Platinum and 100% in your stats (but flaggad as base game only) instead of Platinum and 70%.

For free DLC with trophies on the other hand... I'm not sure. A part of me says that those should be undeletable. But on the onther had, there are some realy sucky trophies being added. That ruin a list. Free DLC trophies should be forbidden xD.

I’d delete what I hid, some crappy free games, EU version of Burnout Paradise PS3 I’ll never buy and continue (used a month of free PS+ from the blackout to get it since it was on PS+ there and not in NA). Can’t think of what else is on there off hand. What I got now is fine, deleting that utter shit Energy Invasion would just ruin milestones sadly, and I’d rather remember that mistake so I don’t make it again, 

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Stupid idea.

This option would be a giant middle finger and “Fuck You” to everyone who worked hard to maintain a completionist profile. Why should they let people with 40 - 50 percent completion on their trophy account suddenly be able to get 90 - 100 percent completion? 

That makes everything out of wack. Someone puts an unobtainable on their list, well tough shit. Should of thought of that earlier. 

It's not only that. Rarity is determined by the pool of attempts. Watching everyones ultra rares vanish as snowflakes pretend they never tried by erasing the game would be massively infuriating.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t bother deleting anything, not even the unobtainables. Quite a few of the games I’ve played would fade from my memory if not for the trophy lists themselves. Also, my milestones would get all screwed up as a result.

It also wouldn’t be nice for the people who’ve managed to hold onto a 100% profile since the dawn of trophy hunting, since everywhere you look you’d see ‘100%’ profiles. I guess they could add some sort of indicator that they had deleted lists from their profile.

18 hours ago, DaivRules said:

What is it about a PS5 that is so different than a PS4 or web browser that it gets special bits access to delete the gifs, but other things that see those same bits can't?

Well, if nothing else, the "thought exercise" gives yet another chance to revisit the same "delete trophies!" thread we've seen 10000 times before.

2 minutes ago, malushky said:

Just imagine how many angry partners would threat their beloveds by a vision of deleting platinums earned with sweat and blood. YT prank material for you.

Now, now - we all know trophy hunters rarely have partners at all, much less angry ones. :D

Edited by starcrunch061

Normally i would say no. But then my son was over at his uncles house and started playing minecraft ps4 version on my account. Got trophies and i wasn't planning to buy it because i have the PS3 version. So now i'm stuck with the trophies.

1 hour ago, jeckert82 said:

Normally i would say no. But then my son was over at his uncles house and started playing minecraft ps4 version on my account. Got trophies and i wasn't planning to buy it because i have the PS3 version. So now i'm stuck with the trophies.

Yeah, I have young kids in my house and even though I've created profiles for them they just don't get it/care and load up stuff on my profile all the time. Usually it's just for TV but occasionally they'll start a game.