Any chance the server shutdown could be extended?

For such popular games, does anyone think we could see an extension, even if it is a short one, to the server shutdown?  I finished The Last of Us MP but have to tackle both Uncharted 2 and 3 and know that I don't have enough time to 100% both.  I'd be ecstatic if they pushed the shutdown back a month or two.  Would be great if it went to the end of the year though.  Am I just wishfully thinking though?

i been putting off those games, there's plenty of time to get at least the plat requirements. cant say for sure about the uncharted 3 massive DLC lists.

would have to spend 8+ hours a day with luck to achieve 100% now in multiplayer.

Edited by lordguwa

15 minutes ago, hitormiss905 said:

For such popular games, does anyone think we could see an extension, even if it is a short one, to the server shutdown?  I finished The Last of Us MP but have to tackle both Uncharted 2 and 3 and know that I don't have enough time to 100% both.  I'd be ecstatic if they pushed the shutdown back a month or two.  Would be great if it went to the end of the year though.  Am I just wishfully thinking though?

Not to sound like a asshole or anything but you've had years to get the multiplayer done, that along with given notice when the servers will be shut down. You want more time because you personally want it, I understand that but maintaining severs takes time and money and there is no point for Naughty Dog to keep it up any longer then needed. In other words, no it's not going to be extended, the deadline has been given and that's it.

26 minutes ago, hitormiss905 said:

Am I just wishfully thinking though?

Yes. Devs won't keep the servers up just because some people decided to play MP portions of their games in the last couple months. It sucks but it's what it's.

28 minutes ago, hitormiss905 said:

I finished The Last of Us MP but have to tackle both Uncharted 2 and 3 and know that I don't have enough time to 100% both.

...and yeah, pretty sure that's impossible to do with the remaining time

19 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

It's hard to complain about it, those servers are UP for more than 10 years ! And they warn people about it !

When i see some others shutting down after just a year -__-

Or those shutting down without any notice ! (i'm looking at you "Pure Football" >_<)

Technically none of the 3 games had servers up for 10 years. Just saying ?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Not gonna happen. They'll shut down the servers on 3rd September. End of story. You could still manage to finish U2 with some dedication. Forget U3, you won't make it.

Doing both - no chance. But U3 only? Why not? Still 3 weeks: with playing 12-15h per day it is still possible. Just quit your job, buy tons of redbulls and extra PS3s, hire some friend to extend the playing time to 20-22h and you will make it.

I would state that this week is seriously the last call for it to start if you are at 55/105 or 0/105. Check the fastest achievers ;).

46 minutes ago, hitormiss905 said:

Nope, not a chance: they were on for LOOOONG time + ND gave 3 months notice. They will die. I am super happy that I managed U2/U3 to 100% - started right after the announcement, that was a solid reason to finally do them. Now I am still thinking about TLoU..., but this one is way much shorter and faster.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why so many people think this is unlikely. PlayStation all star battle royale, warhawk, sound shapes and twisted metal all had a server closure date of late October last year and all of them were extended until the end of January. Tbh I'd be surprised if they weren't extended. If PSABR can get an extra 3 months I don't see why three of the PlayStation 3s biggest games won't get an extension

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Also, LOL. @Smashero possible? Yes! Practical though, not a chance! xD

Hah ;). Let's see: if the servers will really die on 3rd of Sep, I will scan U3 list and try to find someone who 100% while starting all DLC/MP trophies on 13th of August ;).

• Like 1

I started the UC3 DLC on the 3rd of july and finished on the 17th so 2 weeks to get it all done, during this time I almost always had a dedicated extra ps3 to play with for treasure farming and I played against full teams of extra ps3's for the elimination and and 3TDM trophies. This means that what you are aiming to do could be possible but is certainly not advisable. This is of course only if you happen to not have a job.

Edited by jpwbjpwb
spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GTA_Darren said:

For some reason I have feeling it is possible people can still play MP after the server closure date. Just like Batman: Arkham Origins and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood since it is p2p connection. I guess we will find out after 9/3/2019.

Since it is P2P connection (U2/U3): where the player stats are stored? In the local save?... I do not think so...

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I'm not sure why so many people think this is unlikely. PlayStation all star battle royale, warhawk, sound shapes and twisted metal all had a server closure date of late October last year and all of them were extended until the end of January. Tbh I'd be surprised if they weren't extended. If PSABR can get an extra 3 months I don't see why three of the PlayStation 3s biggest games won't get an extension

That was largely because the first announcement date was extremely short and people complained that it wasn't long enough notice. ND gave three months notice which could be considered long enough notice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seblegamer said:

It's hard to complain about it, those servers are UP for more than 10 years ! And they warn people about it !

When i see some others shutting down after just a year -__-

Or those shutting down without any notice ! (i'm looking at you "Pure Football" >_<)

Well, not over 10 yet... but good grief. Doesn't feel like it's been 10 years since U2 came out, but it'll be there soon enough. rip time

If people rather play Doom instead of uncharted 3 then it's their fault of not getting the free DLC trophies in the naughty dog games. No way that naughty dog is going to extend the server life time after a 3 month deadline. I am glad that they gave us enough time to beat all three games with plenty of time left to watch some new movies like Lion King or One Piece

• Like 1