EA remasters coming

snakebit10

A Crysis Collection as PS5 launch title would be absolutely phenomenal. 

I played Crysis 2 and 3 Multiplayer 600 hours each on PS3, but I also own all Crysis games on PC and let me tell you: The PS3 versions are nothing compared to the PC versions when it comes to graphics.

A collection for the next gen with fully maxed out settings would give many more players the chance to experience the Singleplayer of these games in they way they were supposed to be played. 

They could also throw the PC exclusive Crysis Warhead in the package, so console players would even get a new game in this collection. 

Personally I would also love to see the Multiplayer again. Maybe make it a standalone Crysis Online with all maps from Crysis 2, 3 and their DLCs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I played Crysis 2 and 3 Multiplayer 600 hours each on PS3,

but I also own all Crysis games on PC and let me tell you: The PS3 versions are nothing compared to the PC versions when it comes to graphics.

Personally I would also love to see the Multiplayer again. 

Geez, man. All the hundreds of hours I've put into games with online multiplayer like Resistance 2, Uncharted 3, ModNation Racers, Rocket League, The Last of Us, and even I don't think I have 600 hours in any of those games. The only game I've put over 600hrs in is a Pokemon game, and i'm mostly sure some of that was supported by times the game was left on for extended periods of time.

That's great, because I already enjoyed them a lot with their inferior graphics and framerate on the PS3 platform, which means enhanced versions are only going to be that much better to play through and enjoy.

I would too, not more than the return of Resistance 2 online, but still interested enough, especially C3's. Played C2's way, way more than C3's.

1 hour ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm guessing I'm the only one who wants a Alice: Madness Returns remaster

and a Sims Busted Out remaster ???

Honestly, that saying truly needs to go. There's always at least one person who shares the same feelings/beliefs as you, always, whether it be negative, positive, unrealistic, unpopular, etc. Anyway, I didn't enjoy AMR overall, but that's probably because it didn't age well. I usually don't have a problem playing old games (SNES, PS1, PS2, etc). However, I do appreciate certain design elements of it. 

That's my favorite Sim's game, so I'd take that, though.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

Great news! Not sure if they're going to happen or if they're not going to screw us (somehow) in the end but I would love for NFS Underground 1 & 2, and NFS Most Wanted (2005) to be remastered. Hell, even throw NFS Carbon there for good measure too.

Another thing that would be cool is if they added all the old Burnout games to the store. I've only played Paradise and would definitely love to try out the rest of the franchise in proper HD and with trophy support.

EA, make it happen, don't fuck up, please... :|

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 2

EA must really be feeling the need to win back a lot of public trust. Sure, they still make millions and millions but their stock prices have tanked a couple of times in the last year or so and that does hurt big companies! If Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order does well and they keep their promise of no bullshit monetization, it could bring about quite a change. Not saying they'll totally stop with their bullshit but they could actually work to please as many people as they possibly can rather than just focus on the "whales" for their revenue.

• Like 2

Maybe now would be the ideal time to remaster Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect after so long and Dead Space despite it making the most sense to. But if there's ever a chance for a KOTOR remaster this seems to be the best shot at it.

I can honestly only think of one single game from EA's entire catalog that I'd want a remaster for: the original Dead Space (screw a trilogy).

Edited by Helyx

I wouldn't expect anything remastered that E.A doesn't currently hold the licence for. Which would include older 007, Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings games. Amalur exists in a weird place of partial ownership where they own the first game but not the series anymore. Considering E.A has never been pleased with Dead Space games sales I'm also uncertain about that, as much as I enjoyed the series. Unless they see Dead Space as money for old rope or something.

Also if E.A has only just changed stance then how well archived and organised are their older game assets to begin with?    

Edited by bikeman223

10 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Also if E.A has only just changed stance then how well archived and organised are their older game assets to begin with?    

Considering they're claiming these are coming next year, they mustve been working on it in secret for a while?

I think Mass Effect trilogy is a given, considering it's probably had the most amount of buzz surrounding it over the years. They'd probably see some money in that name still

Also Dragon Age Origins & DA2 are probable as they'd boost anticipation for DA4.

Dead Space, Crysis, & Bad Company could probably be considered classics to them too

Amalur could probably get a green light from EA for THQNordic to remaster it (for a cut of course)

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

After the craze of remastering games, I've kept saying to a friend at work there is only one set of games I want remastered and without even saying he remembers everytime and that is.... Mass Effect Trilogy. 

I buy three types of games day one and that is Pro Evo, Mass Effect and Artifex Mundi and I would definitely buy the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster. 

Edited by AdamWolf86
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

A Crysis Collection as PS5 launch title would be absolutely phenomenal. 

I played Crysis 2 and 3 Multiplayer 600 hours each on PS3, but I also own all Crysis games on PC and let me tell you: The PS3 versions are nothing compared to the PC versions when it comes to graphics.

A collection for the next gen with fully maxed out settings would give many more players the chance to experience the Singleplayer of these games in they way they were supposed to be played. 

They could also throw the PC exclusive Crysis Warhead in the package, so console players would even get a new game in this collection. 

Personally I would also love to see the Multiplayer again. Maybe make it a standalone Crysis Online with all maps from Crysis 2, 3 and their DLCs. 

Couldn't agree more.

@PooPooBlast Just play the pc version. Personally I'd love to get another 100% in this game but since i started to play the pc version, the console version is so inferior. Even with 60 fps. You need a mouse to constantly pull of all these precise advanced techniques. Never thought i would ever say that (cause I'm a console player for everything else), but a controller is a big handicap in this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Considering they're claiming these are coming next year, they mustve been working on it in secret for a while?

Yeah that's probably true and I do think Bioware's assets are probably still around for Mass Effect and DA. I've just heard of these things getting lost and affecting remasters before e.g. Silent Hill HD. That being said they're probably only going to remaster 7th generation games, like most people have speculated, so I don't think they'll be digging that far back.   

Edited by bikeman223