The New Year's Resolution Event (Event Finished)

5 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I noticed there's no racing games theme here. I've had a special racing game platinum planned for 2020 :\ . Without that, though, I might be able to manage considering my diverse backlog.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed Off topic discussion

Per request of the OP, I got rid of the off-topic posts to focus on the event instead of the ultimate prize. If you want to discuss the prize further, you can do it in a PM.

Apologies in advance if I mess up someone's formatting. I can't remove quotes from my phone, so I apologise in advance too for anyone who was quoted and are now confused. I'll fix it tomorrow night when I return home from Christmas. For now, just bear with me. I don't have a computer nearby.

If you have any questions or concerns, just PM me.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I’ll join in on this. I should have enough games in the backlog to fit the categories. Just have to find the time to get them all done ?

I will also opt out of the Spider-Man drawing. I already own the digital copy and all the DLC. Plus, where I live now, getting things delivered is a bit of a pain.

Edited by Fnee2000

Lose the Weight -  South Park: The Stick of Truth :platinum:

Focus on Family - Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Update Relationship Status - Catherine

Go to the Gym - FF15

Find Time For Yourself -  Queen's Quest 2 - Stories of Forgotten Past :platinum:

Get a Better Job - Forgotton Anne

Finish Your Masterpiece - Hatsune Miku Project Diva f :platinum:

Volunteer More -  Gravity Rush 2

Do Better in School -  Persona 5

Make More Money - Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Edited by Edunstar84

Here is my list 

Lose the Weight-  Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book

Focus on Family-  A Plague Tale: Innocence

Update Relationship Status- Alone With You

Go to the Gym- Assassins Creed Odyssey

Find Time For Yourself- Abyss: The Wraiths Of Eden

Get a Better Job- Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders

Finish Your Masterpiece- Aven Colony

Volunteer More- Arcania

Do Better in School- Absolver

Make More Money- American Fugitive 

I made a basic list to start with, I don't know if I own enough games to qualify all the categories so 5 might be the best I can do.. I am not sure about focus on family Uncharted 2 if that qualifies, I have somehow managed to not know the story for all these years but I assume there are some elements of family in it, please let me know if its eligible. 

Lose The Weight - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered
Focus on Family - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
Update Relationship Status -
Go to the Gym
Find Time For Yourself - Bioshock 2
Get a Better Job - Spider-Man 
Finish Your Masterpiece -
Volunteer More -
Do Better in School -
Make More Money - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

I think this event is a great concept. Nice job thinking it up. I was planning on doing a different event this year around ultra rare completions but that event host seems to have given up on it before it started, so I will switch my attention to this one. I was working on posting my list of games but I accidentally hit something and lost it, so I'll do it some other time.

Sign me up! Here’s my list.

Lose Weight: X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3) [Featuring a boss fight with the very rotund The Blob.]

Focus on Family: Broken Age (Vita) [Big family elements on both sides of the story]

Update Relationship Status: Detroit: Become Human (PS4) [Someone else had it on their list and I wanted to play it so...]

Go to the Gym: Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3) [Steve Rogers is a big boy]

Find Time for Yourself: Queens Quest 3 (PS4) [Artifex Mundi is nothing but mini games]

Get a Better Job: Phoenix Wright Trilogy (PS4) [Defense Lawyer is a pretty good day job]

Finish Your Masterpiece: Tearaway: Unfolded (PS4) [Papercraft is a pretty fun art form to put into a game]

Volunteer More: Murdered Soul Suspect (PS3) [The game has four side quests, all with trophies attached]

Do Better in School: Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) [High school student turned vigilante]

Make More Money: Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure (PS4) [There is a trophy for collecting 5000 of the games currency]

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

Lose the Weight-  Citizens of earth. Look at that face it is pretty chubby lol

Focus on Family-  Guardians of the Galaxy

Update Relationship Status- Amnesia: Memories

Go to the Gym- My Hero One's Justice

Find Time For Yourself- Poi

Get a Better Job- Distraint

Finish Your Masterpiece- Fe

Volunteer More- Stranger Things 3

Do Better in School- MechaNika

Make More Money- Frane: Dragon's Odyssey 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

This looks like alot of fun. Thanks  @eigen-space for organising and you helper team for running. I would definitely like to signup.

Many thanks,

Cj

Lose the Weight -   Wattam (EU)

The Tree eats everything, it is not a balanced diet.

Focus on Family -   Control (JP)

Jesse fights the Hiss to reclaim her brother in the oldest house. Of course it could all be a dream who can say.

Update Relationship Status - Hellblade : Senua's Sacrifice (NA)

Senua travels through literal hell and back to reclaim her lost lover's soul. One hell of a Facebook Relationship status update if you ask me.

Go to the Gym - Box Vr  

As close to the gym as you can get without actually going. No disapproving looks if you beverage up while boxing.

Find Time For Yourself -  AI The Somnium Files

Dialogue and puzzle mechanics abound in this murder mystery. And yes I will read it, shame on you dirty VN skippers ?.

Get a Better Job - Phoenix Wright Trilogy (Ps4)

The closest I can get to a Judge Judy game .... I object !!

Finish Your Masterpiece - Hatune Miku Project Diva f 2 (Vita)

Dancing Divas on both sides of the screen

Volunteer More - Atelier Ryza Ever Darkness and The Secret Hideout

Someone told me they are good. I will take it on trust. 

Do Better in School - Dead or School (JP)

Literally school in the title. A journey to Mecca, which for some reason is the " school " . I am sure the irony is not lost on many but hey when you live under the ground why the hell not. 

Make More Money - FFXII

This game goes forever and is a massive grind. Money will be involved for sure.

• Like 1

I've managed to come up with my tentative list - lose the weight and update relationship status are the only ones at the moment that I could see changing, as I struggled to fill those categories and I would like to aim for all 10.  Feeling happy with my choices though and got some overlaps with the Fall/Winter Backlog Challenge in the hopes I can successfully finish both events ^_^

Lose the Weight: Dark Cloud (chose one of the example games as I'm struggling to come up with anything else)

Focus on Family: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - (The main two characters are brothers)

Update Relationship Status: Gal*Gun Double Peace - (All the girls are madly in love with the main character, and you have to subdue them whilst finding a true love)

Go to the Gym: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - (I'd consider Chloe Frazer to be physically adept, being able to traverse different environments)

Find Time for Yourself: Graveyard Keeper - (Contains a fishing mini-game with several related trophies)

Get a Better Job: Slime Rancher - (You play as a rancher, building a ranch and gathering, breeding and raising slimes)

Finish Your Masterpiece: Fe - (You make friends through singing)

Volunteer More: Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey - (Side quests make up a big part of your time to help advance the story)

Do Better in School: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - (The characters are all high school students and it takes place in a school)

Make More Money: Final Fantasy VII - (Trophy for obtaining 99,999,999 gil)

• Like 1

Sounds interesting, and I haven't added a new badge to my collection in awhile. Not really sure what games I'll do, but will probably come up with at least 5. Could already have one as soon as the new year begins, since I was saving one for it. Either NieR: Automata or Prey. Prey has a trophy called "Push the Fat Guy," so yeah. :ninja: Don't need to be entered in the drawings.

Edited by DamagingRob

Came up with a list I'm pretty sure I can manage.

Lose the Weight: Steins Gate 0 

Focus on Family: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns

Update Relationship Status: River City Girls

Go to the Gym: Fate/ Extella Link

Find Time for Yourself: Tales of Berseria

Get a Better Job: The Evil Within

Finish Your Masterpiece: Marvel's Spider-Man

Volunteer More: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Do Better in School: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Make More Money: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Completing 5 games within the timeframe will be a challenge for me but this take on New Year’s resolutions is sweet, hence I’d like very much to hop on board ♪ I’ll be making up the list of games as I play them - but I’ve just jumped into P5, so that’ll hopefully end up on my list! It’s sure to fit in snuggly somewhere.

The sheer amount of game ideas listed for each category is amazing BTW ٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Completing 5 games within the timeframe will be a challenge for me but this take on New Year’s resolutions is sweet, hence I’d like very much to hop on board ♪ I’ll be making up the list of games as I play them - but I’ve just jumped into P5, so that’ll hopefully end up on my list! It’s sure to fit in snuggly somewhere.

The sheer amount of game ideas listed for each category is amazing BTW ٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و

Enjoy that one.  I got the plat during eigen's last event and it was fun.  It would fit well for focus on family, do better in school, get a better job, find time for yourself, and volunteer more.

• Like 2