Favorite WELL KNOWN trophy hunter?

ARH65512

I personally doesn't have favourite trophy hunter, a lot of big names are just doing as much trophies as they can, with multiple lists of the same 30 min games. I prefer to get trophies myself and enjoy games than watch other people review other's lists, showing gameplay etc.

Edited by FairyCal
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Don’t know if he’s well known but Floriss is just insanely skilled and has by far the most impressive trophy list I’ve ever seen. Too bad he isn’t (as) active anymore on this site. Plus he’s Dutch ?.

True that. There's a few others on YouTube that aren't bad but Floriss strikes me as a badass trophy hunter, willing to get the tough plats no one else can or will. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

I enjoy watching videos of people talking about their own trophies. 

Usually search "my psn trophies" or something in youtube. 

They are great for finding new games/motivation/something to listen to while boosting -_-

Would love some recommendations of youtubers who have done this. 

I know some:

Lawless Llama

Ncsfan001

Snickle

Ludixp

Mystic

@Reinachii- thank you for including me next to those very amazing people. :) Very kind of you! Definitely have inspired me in my own content and in some stuff I want to do soon!

28 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Good that you mention him! Totally agree! I remember his insane farming to get the crypt of the necro dancer plat as well as many others. 

I actually watched his live stream on Twitch when he got The Lowest of the Low trophy in Crypt of the Necrodancer. That was insane! That is far beyond my skill level.

Good thread ;)

For me the list is as follows and its in no particular order:

Maka’s Guides - Accurate, informative, no messing about, they get the job done and commentary is very good and clear.

Seraphim17 - Being a fellow northerner (UK) I can relate to his lingo, but his dialogue and communication is excellent, yet witty and he tackles games on all difficulties which helps me alot if I decide to take on games at the hardest levels (which is hardly ever! Haha).

Powepyx - Ready with guides day one! He has a good team now of which I speak with a few of them and you know content and quality will always be present. I just wish like with Harry94 they had commentary. Just a preference thing for me that though.

BushidoCypher - Helped me loads with the recent SW game and his videos are very good with plenty of detail and good commentary. ;)

Sporksaregoodforyou - Very well spoken Englishman lol, who goes the extra mile in detail when explaining what to do. Enjoy his videos, sadly he isn’t that active and doesn’t cover many games. His Dishonored 2 guides were awesome!!

Joraptor - Loves AC Odyssey!! Not guides per se, but his breakdowns, early release heads up and explanations of games he plays are decent and helpful.

Rubhen925 & Gaming with Abyss - Last two for me, these two like the above are helpful, concise and do a good job respectively helping their audiences through games, be it straight forward or tricky.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Good that you mention him! Totally agree! I remember his insane farming to get the crypt of the necro dancer plat as well as many others. 

Good to hear, I will give you a sub soon to keep in touch with your content. 

I mean we all already know who has that title. 1f60f.png1f60f.png

Appreciate it man :D

2 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

I enjoy watching videos of people talking about their own trophies. 

Usually search "my psn trophies" or something in youtube. 

They are great for finding new games/motivation/something to listen to while boosting -_-

Would love some recommendations of youtubers who have done this.

Brian/PS4 Trophies did one that I enjoyed:

It's a bit outdated now, though.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
  • Like 2

QuantumMercury 

He made many guides and posted many useful tips over on playstationtrophies.org but I was the most impressed by his collection of ultra rare platinums. It's too bad that he essentially quit hunting trophies after MLB 13 The Show on Vita closed a few days earlier than originally announced ruining his 100% profile. 

Edited by pwnzasaurus
  • Like 1

Well it would have to be the first and legit guy Hakoom. He seems to be a funny guy as well, I remember once, can't remember where, but he talked about having to platinum shitty games like Leisure Suit Larry and Kate and Lynch, like he hated Kate and Lynch so much he wanted to jump out of his bedroom window sometimes.

Regarding all trophy hunters though, I really do worry about their future. Like, spending that much time just on collecting trophies, it's not really a career that can last forever and when the trophy hunting business is replaced with some other new fad. You're likely to be middle aged and probably without a career.

Then again I do worry about trophy whores as well. Over 100 platinums but not even one rare or ultra rare trophy. Oo course it's your life to do as you please. But please plan for the future ok..?

9 hours ago, DeoffGeoff said:

IbaddriverI and themindisacity are my favs

Aww, thanks :)

I'll +1 to whoever said HappyThumbsGaming - really good for LEGO game guides in particular. 

If PowerPyx has made a video for the game I'm playing, I tend to favor his.

I had a working relationship with StayPationt back in the day - he would do video guides for some of my written guides.  I don't know exactly what happened with him, but I wish him well.

And @Velvet

I'm certain there are others I tend towards.

Edited by themindisacity
  • Like 2

Well known? To me favorite well known trophy hunters are my psn friends, some of which are my friends in real life and also the guys from this forum and all the guys/gals that I boosted games with.

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1