PlayStation Player Celebration

Aranea Highwind

4 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

It says you have to play for an hour for the "games played" goal, so Ratalaika games won't count there. ?

I suppose you could just play through them then maybe leave them sat 'active' for an hour?

If you were so inclined to do it that way, anyway...

6 minutes ago, DynaVita said:

If i understand well, everyone plays for everyone ?

The goals need to be obtained by the whole players together?

Yeah it's a community event and only 6 trophies per entrant per day count so I don't see how ratalaika games will do any good. It's not like it's a 'who can get the most trophies' event.

6 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

I don't think I'd want this in my room ?.

The event sounds awesome though

You can always keep it in the toilet?

:D.

Pardon, I just had to, no hard feelings, pls ;).

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smashero said:

You can always keep it in the toilet?

:D.

Pardon, I just had to, no hard feelings, pls ;).

Haha none taken! I signed up anyway so we'll see how it goes. I doubt I'll contribute much given that I'll be playing long open world games (Yakuza 3 for now) but it would be nice to have those themes and avatars. 

Winning the kit? Chances are pretty much zero so I'm sure I'll be safe :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Earn Trophies — the Community must earn a target number of trophies for each Stage. Up to six PS4 Trophies each entrant earns each day will count toward a goal. Trophies earned from games with a multiplayer mode count double!

Question of clarification - so each entrant can earn three qualifying MP trophies each day, since their count is doubled?

5 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

By signing up, you’ll also have the chance to win an exclusive PlayStation kit, which includes a real-life PlayStation Platinum Trophy engraved with your PSN ID, a $100 USD / $130 CAD PlayStation Store voucher, and voucher codes for a selection of our greatest PS4 games. To win, you’ll also need to answer a question at playstation.com/playercelebration on March 17, 2020 at 11:00 AM PDT / 2:00PM EST. The first two correct answers will be selected as winners. See Official Rules for details.

Another question of clarification - all who sign up have a chance to win, but to win, we'll also need to answer a question?  Is that to say all who sign up are entered to win, but the first two who correctly answer the question are automatic winners, or if is that to say if we don't answer the question, we can't win?

10 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Question of clarification - so each entrant can earn three qualifying MP trophies each day, since their count is doubled?

Another question of clarification - all who sign up have a chance to win, but to win, we'll also need to answer a question?  Is that to say all who sign up are entered to win, but the first two who correctly answer the question are automatic winners, or if is that to say if we don't answer the question, we can't win?

1) 6 trophies max per day. Think of them like points. If all 6 trophies are multiplayer trophies then you'd contribute 12 "points" towards the total. If all 6 are single-player you'd contribute 6 "points" towards the total. Then you could also mix and match (1 single player, 5 multiplayer. Maybe 3 and 3). So if you earn 6 trophies a day the minimum "points" earned towards the community goal is 6 (all single player) up to a max of 12 (if all of them were multiplayer trophies).  

*This is from Section 5, paragraph "Goal requirements"  of their official rules, quoted here:

"For the Trophies Goal, trophies earned by each Entrant during a Stage will count towards the total number of trophies earned by the Community for that Stage, subject to a limit of 6 trophies per day. Trophies earned in games with a multiplayer component will count twice towards the total number of trophies earned by the Community for that Stage."

2) Everyone who signs up wins the avatars and themes depending on the community totals, but for the kit/real life trophy, you have to answer the question on March 17th at 11:00 AM PT. From the way it is worded, it sounds like only the top two who first correctly answer whatever question they will come up with, get the prize (see below for references).

*This is from Section 3, Subsection B of their official rules, quoted here:

" Part Two: On March 17, 2020, each Entrant will have a chance to win a set of additional prizes by answering a question that will appear on playstation.com/playercelebration at 11:00 AM PT."

* This is from Section 6, Paragraph 2 of their official rules, quoted here:

"The first two (2) Entrants who correctly answer the Part Two Question will win (the “Part Two Winners”) (as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion). In the event of any ties, a second question will be sent to the tied Entrants’ email addresses to break the tie, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules."

* This is from Section 8, Subsection B of their official rules, quoted here, in regards to Part Two:

"Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Part Two Prize Package depend on the number of Entrants who participate and the time when each Entrant answers the Part Two Question."

*Source:

Playstation Player Celebration Rules

• Like 1

Just for those who care about this kind of things in the Regulations document.

" 13. PUBLICITY RIGHTS:  By participating in this Promotion, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, PSN ID, PSN avatar, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Promotion for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law."

I think that all that data should be required only for the Part two winners.

In this case it's like asking all Lotto buyers to allow using their information.