What game made you commit to a tedious Grind to Platinum?

ShahinMiah

Hi. I was browsing through my trophy list just to see the sort of variation of games I had and then I saw that one game on my list that I was so glad to get rid of as soon as I had obtained the Platinum. That game was indeed Dangerous Driving. The grind for that game was so boring that it sometimes would give me headaches but I knew I had to get through it because if I left it for longer, every other day, I would feel the same thing. Usually, I don't mind grinds in game because they make you work for something. For example, I grinded out Dragon Ball Fighterz 20 Million Zeni trophy which took as long as a week but that was a pretty simple grind yet fun but with Dangerous Driving, you actually have to focus on the road even when driving in the opposite direction. Driving 100 miles with every car was really a chore rather than a grind which I think made me even more stressed and really bored at the same time.

So the question is, what game did you Platinum but had to commit to the cause that perhaps was really boring, tedious, stressful or made you frustrated? Also you may include games that you didn't Platinum because of that specific ridiculous grind.

There's been a lot, but the worst by far was Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I got it before they patched it to make it easier to get drops. It took me about 250 hours total, with more than 200 of that just being grinding. It was unbelievably stupid, but I refused to let the game win. I'm not so dedicated anymore though lol.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Resistance 2

Ouch. I didn't even attempt the multiplayer trophies and can still feel your pain.

As for me, probably the most tedious would have to be Borderlands: TPS. I was on level 25-30-ish when I beat the game and completed all the side missions. I sat there for several hours lasering enemies during the pokeball mission (can't remember the name) just to get to lvl 50. It also didn't help that I already co-oped this game locally so I already did the lvl 50 grind once, but I had to do it again because the PS3 version didn't allow P2 to earn trophies. 

I have. Here's the following:

Singularity (Multiplayer)

Resident Evil: Revelations (Raid mode)

James Bond 007: Blood Stone (Multiplayer)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Camaraderie and AI parts)

Demon's Souls

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (Multiplayer)

Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Currently)

• Like 3

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni - 5,000,000 EXP and 10,000 kills make me want to just fucking shoot me. Absolutely pointless that it deserves disgust to my favourite game.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax - 10,000,000 damage... WHY?!?!?!

• Like 2

Omega Quintet and Tales of Zestiria was a boring and tedious experiencie at least to me, after the bad experiencie with Zestiria I try with Tales of Grace f and it was better than Zestiria at least... In other hand Omega Quintet has a terrible story and you need literaly spam the same combat's mechanic until finish the game, also I play it the first time in normal mode and in order to earn the platinum you must finish it on a high difficulty, so I did a "extra" playthourgh for free.

Tales of Xillia 2- making all 9 characters use their special skill 450 times each, and again 450 times for the partner skill... all this was hours on end of using the same move again and again, the most boring task ever. 120 hours total.

Tales of Berseria- A Solid B trophy, this easily added on 20 hours of grinding on top of everything. 90 hours total.

Tales of Vesperia- this game took me 125 hours to platinum, so it was my longest platinum. Not as tedious as Xillia 2, but the post game dungeons took a while, as did getting all the titles, all items, completing the monster book and of course, clearing all the annoying mini games. 

FF13 was fairly grindy as well having to farm gil and trapezohedrons for the treasure hunter trophy. 

I think Evolve would be towards the top of my list.

But, I do recall that Spider-man 2 game. That game was not hard at all but there was so much pointless grinding. You had to level up something like 16 suits and by the time you finished the game you only leveled up 2 of them. I hate games like that where you waste so much time in grinding well after everything else is done.

Someone mentioned Resistance 2. I guess that was a little bit of a grind. But truth be told, I loved every minute of it. That was an amazing game. 

SpongeBob SquarePants Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated.

You may not think so, but Mr. Krabs wants over 100,000 shinies and just grinding out the majority of those (I had given him like, the first two lots he had needed), that took at least an hour of grinding the same spot over and over, getting like, 1k of shinies each time.  So tedious.

• Like 1

My biggest grind, by far, was getting the platinum in all five versions of Rayman Legends. On top of that, I got all 1000 Gamerscore in the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions as well. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't like the game as much as I do. That, and I have way too much free time on my hands.