What’s the most amount of money you have ever spent at one time on the PSN store?

usapro2017

I prefer physical over digital. $50 is the more I've spent at a single time on the PSN store.

That being said, there are some games I've gotten from the PSN store that had a huge discount that was simply too amazing to ignore, or other games that are just digital-only that look interesting to me. I rarely get anything at full price and prefer to wait for sales for the most part. No way in hell I'm paying full price for a digital game. I really don't think the license to play a game is worth that much, at least for me and my limited budget.

Lately, though, I haven't really gotten anything from the store... Have more than enough digital games to go through for at least a couple of years. At the moment, I'm most interested in expanding my physical collection of games.

Edited by Honor_Hand

I think the most I spent digitally at one time was $180 back when I was depressed and was throwing money at anything that I thought would help make me even a little happier for any amount of time. The most I spent on one game was $220 for the Persona 5 Royal collector's edition and I still haven't made it past the second palace lol. 

On 8/29/2020 at 0:11 PM, the_game_nerd said:

What??!! Physical is "fake digital"....??. 

You are brainwashed by big business that wants to kill physical gaming and push everybody to digital so they can charge top dollar for a download for the life of a game.

You never actually own anything with digital, digital is fake.

Mindsets like this are killing gaming for the gamers.

For me it would have been sonewhete between $100 and $150 for a lot of games only available on digital, purchased during a sale. 

This is exactly how I feel. I prefer to own the physical copy of the game. At least that way I can always trade it in if I want, and get some of my money back. Plus I just love having the physical copy. I can always lend it out to a friend when I am done with it. The only time I buy digital is when I can't find a physical copy of the game. 

On 8/30/2020 at 2:11 AM, the_game_nerd said:

What??!! Physical is "fake digital"....??. 

You are brainwashed by big business that wants to kill physical gaming and push everybody to digital so they can charge top dollar for a download for the life of a game.

You never actually own anything with digital, digital is fake.

I've heard this before that you don't actually own anything with digital but I've never seen an example which fits this idea. Certainly there are times where mistakes are made and the server might be unable to recognize your license, but the only reason you might be permanently cutoff from playing the game is if the PSN server handling licenses is shutdown which seems very unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future.

I think I spent about $200 AUD during a sale to get about 20 games a few years ago during a sale, I didn't buy anything else for over a year after that so I think it was worth it.

because we can only stock less than 200$ at the same time with psn card redeem codes, so i have never spent more than that at one time ^^

the reason i only buy games with psn card is that where i buy them (Micromania in France) i have around 10% discount on those french psn card prices thanks to their member card, and because i only buy games on sales, so i always have double discounts when i buy psn games :) 

but if you really want to save money for EU games, seems the best is to have a turkish bank account, all their psn store prices are always lower than any other countries

On 8/27/2020 at 8:26 AM, usapro2017 said:

One of my PSN friends messaged me and said he spent £250 on the new Hidden Gems Sale. He bought every Ratalika game along with all the POWGI games and  all the Sometimes You games.

He is now bragging that he will have tons of Platinums soon 1f644.png

Lmfao that may be the saddest thing i've ever heard

• 2 years later...

Probably a PS+ sub in the summer sale... which was purchased using store credit bought at a retailer, so around £30.

I just cant justify buying digital games knowing that I'll never be able to trade them in for another game, and I've never been keen on DLC, I'd rather just wait for a 'complete edition' on disc that will cost half the price they charge for the DLC alone on the store.

Back when I was hardcore into Rock Band, I remember splurging and dropping like $250 one time and bought practically every DLC pack they released for it up to that point. 

Just to move up on the leaderboard on rockbandscores. Ah those were the days; 18 years old, no bills to pay, all my income was expendable.