The Witcher 3 PS5 and Xbox Series X versions announced! Free Update!!

3 hours ago, Welmosca said:

Oooh how lame...guess the scam of recycled games will continue on PS5,was a naive hope thinking this cancerous trend would die on PS5.The worst part is that there will be dumb people supporting this crap even though there will be backwards compatibility.

Shameful CD shameful.

You'd have a point if they were trying to sell anything, but you can buy any previous version and through backward compatibility, get the next gen version for free.

That's not even close to what you're comparing it to, which I agree is bad. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Welmosca said:

Oooh how lame...guess the scam of recycled games will continue on PS5,was a naive hope thinking this cancerous trend would die on PS5.The worst part is that there will be dumb people supporting this crap even though there will be backwards compatibility.

Shameful CD shameful.

There is mention in the announcement that owners of existing versions of the game get the new version for free.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Good but too bad the combat and movement will still be meh.  If only those were like Bloodborne or Dad of Boi.... 

So agree with it, if only they could make something different with combat too, and difficulty. Only really difficult moment the game had was overpowered rats... 

Probably only one here who wish I don't have to complete it again for a platinum and could play with an ease of freedom of choices.

• Like 2

I'm still wondering how these free upgrades to PS5 versions work. I mean, are people that have a hard copy (like me) screwed? Do I HAVE to have a PS5 to take advantage of this? I mean, I remember something similar to this happening when the PS4 came out with select games, but you had to pay a fee and it was only for a limited time, and I believe it was digital versions only (might be wrong about the last part). By the time I got my PS4 in 2015 I couldn't upgrade anything anymore.

I'm not getting a PS5 day 1, but would love to be able to get my free PS5 copy of a game I own and I just have it on hand for when I finally do get the console. But...something tells me it isn't quite that simple. 

I never finished TW3 because there was way too much Gwent to play (I'm like 1 of 4 people who doesn't like gwent), took a break from the game and accidentally never went back. It's been 5 years now. But if I could basically reserve a PS5 copy that could be the intensive I need. 

Edited by Viper

I was lining up my 3rd stack as plat #300 but I might have to change plans now. If there's any chance at all it'll share a list I'd rather keep it for the PS5. I'm super excited for the load times more than anything else, they can be painful at times. The PS4 skyrim experience was vastly improved with the faster load times

• Like 1

Awesome news! I bought this ages ago on disc, installed it and updated it for PS4 Pro and tried it out on an alt account just to see what it was all about. But then never went back to it.

Glad it's getting a free update for PS5, I might just dive back into it at some point. Hopefully they also add Dual Sense support as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

I am guessing this just applies to the version of the game you currently own then? Eg I have the version from the collector’s edition, no DLC so I would just receive an update for the bog standard game, won’t be getting the DLC in the update?

Probably. I don’t think they’ll give away the expansions for free

I think it will be like how it is now on ps4, you’ll get the upgrade but the expansions will be locked 

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great news really, you get the update for free if you own the game, what is there even to complain. I am however currently playing it for the 1st time, soooo...considering how I play games it will take me an eternity till i finish it.

Also, love that whenever Witcher 3 is mentioned people feel the need to complain about the combat, the combat is ok in my experience, nothing amazing but that is not really why W3 is considered a masterpiece. One might be tempted to think that these people are more mechanics oriented gamers, but that seems rarely to be the case, and I will just leave it at that.

Edited by sillyrobo75
  • Like 2