Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

PunishedGranny is not a dev. He is just one insane gamer. I'm not surprised in the slightest that he already got the this trophy. 

Former GrannyTranny (love that nick haha), insane skilled player, one of the first achievers on Super Meat Boy platinum and Mein Lieber runs for example.

24 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

You can tell quite a few people here were too young for the early PS3 era of trophies where every game required you to grind online for 47,000 hours, perform 20 backlips in 2 seconds and recite the entirety of quantum physics in multiple languages.

These days you can get platinums by crossing a street for 20 seconds and tapping a fucking mayo jar...

You're another blinded person who falls into extremes. Such a perfect example you are! 

That's what I was discussing with other on this topic, and I stand by my opinion - extremes are bad. 

5 minutes platinums are just a shame for trophy hunting community, but on the other hand - extremely hard platinums (like those humouristic trophies you mentioned) are bad as well, because as others on this topic mentioned - there is no point in wasting life just for a digital trophy which makes you cry on the way to obtain it. 

Platinums should be balanced, not easy, but rewarding and satisfying. 

Personally I'm glad this Crash game has a hard platinum. It's nice to see an actual decent game on people's lists that isn't the usual Ratalika Games stuff. (Can't say I haven't played a few because I have.)

Platinums come in all various challenges, if a game is easy but good then why complain? If a game is good & difficult then it's still a good game. At least you're getting your monies worth out of the 60 USD you've just paid. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Personally I'm glad this Crash game has a hard platinum. It's nice to see an actual decent game on people's lists that isn't the usual Ratalika Games stuff. (Can't say I haven't played a few because I have.)

Platinums come in all various challenges, if a game is easy but good then why complain? If a game is good & difficult then it's still a good game. At least you're getting your monies worth out of the 60 USD you've just paid. 

I see that having an other opinion than the majority is widely being called "complaining" nowadays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

That's what I was discussing with other on this topic, and I stand by my opinion - extremes are bad. . 

I understand what you mean, but I wouldn't call this particular game as an extreme example of difficulty. All trophies have been earned not even a week after release, that isn't that extreme. Challenging? Yes, definitely. Extreme bullshit? Surely not.

If it was stuff like Lost Planet 2 where you were forced to get a world record, that I would call an extreme example of bullshit difficulty, even though I did it twice back in the days. This is just practice and a bit more practice.

I've been reading through this thread for a few days now but haven't really had the time to respond until now.

Firstly, looking at my profile, most of you will instantly find out that I love playing casually easy games like puzzlers, point & click's, etc. It's just my style. Secondly, I did plat the trilogy and CTR and this one looks far and beyond more difficult.

Now granted, I only played the first 2 levels of the game so far, but I have spent time watching others on YouTube and have decided that I probably will not attempt to platinum this game. The difficulty looks absolutely insane. I don't think people are really complaining that they aren't getting an easy platinum, but complaining that the plat for this lies on the complete opposite end of the spectrum close to impossible. I though CTR was the perfect difficulty where it allowed those that truly wanted the platinum to practice long enough to not get overwhelmed or bored with the game.

Some levels of this one look like you straight grind for 5 hours playing it over and over again until you get things just right. Also, can we bring up the fact that there are no speed boots. Didn't every other version of the game have these, but now we don't get them? Combine that with harder levels and I could see this being a 100+ hour adventure.

I must finish with the fact that I said something similar about CTR when it came out, as did many others. Beating the Oxide times seemed impossible for some but as more YouTube videos came out and more discussion was had, things became much easier. It could always happen here.

• Like 2

Maybe it's because I have a very easy time going without trophies (I'll sometimes not even go for easy but annoying collectibles much less brutally hard stuff), but I think it's rad how hard they made the plat in this game. I like games like this, SMB, Trackmania and Trials with super hard but also super direct tests of skill. No dodgy online, no RNG, no grinding or endless campaign repeats. Games that could take 50 hours or 5000 depending on skill. I'm not good enough to plat any of them but I like banging my head against a wall for a bit. Interesting to contrast these actually hard games and their super low completion % with stuff like Soulsborne which has a reputation for being hard, but are ultimately much more forgiving games (as it reflected by their high completion %).

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 3:59 AM, Spaz said:

Still not as hard as Super Meat Boy. Crash 4 doesn’t require absolute perfection and sheer focus like I had to do for Impossible Boy, which took me around 35 - 40 hours to get that last trophy.

Execpt it does. You have to perfect each level two different ways. Time and boxes. Also some of the levels are longer than an entire world in meat boy.

Edited by aZombieDictator

2 hours ago, kaluna1 said:

Interesting to contrast these actually hard games and their super low completion % with stuff like Soulsborne which has a reputation for being hard, but are ultimately much more forgiving games (as it reflected by their high completion %).

When the N.Sane Trilogy came out basically everyone on the internet compared it to Dark Souls. "This is the Dark Souls of platformers", they said. But in 2020 it seems like that isn't a thing anymore. Probably because some games came out that are harder than Soulsborne. People are getting used to that level of difficulty. FromSoftware itself brought us Sekiro, which was IMO harder than Dark Souls and people immediately stopped complaining about Dark Souls because there was something else to put their blame on.

It's the same for the Crash games. The trilogy was hard, most people will admit. At least a lot harder than most people expected it to be. Now we have a new Crash game that is IMO harder than Crash 1-3 and no one seems to blame the trilogy anymore. Now people say it was a challenge but the difficulty level was fine, because there is something harder to put their blame on. It is a cycle that will continue as long as developers dare to make "hard" games. If Crash 5 came out next week and it was harder than Crash 4, everyone would immediately stop to say that Crash 4 is a hard game. It would be remembered as a challenging game, but the difficulty was totally fine. "But F*** Crash 5, it's so damn hard!!!!" ;=)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

I must admit, the early difficulty spike threw me off. Ended up dying more times than I expected, thank goodness I was playing on modern mode. Now I'm slowly getting used to the level of challenge this game was intended for.

Yeah, I finally got all the gems for the first level lol. Just need triple spin (unless slide spin might work) to get the plat relic on that level. 

• Like 1