Name #1 game you would like to platinum but don't possess the skill level to obtain it?

YeWeeScumBag

8 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Some of the games people listed here are ones I've done such as Super Meat Boy. That was the game that told me I can achieve a lot of hard accomplishments if I so much as put in the time and effort, even if it takes a solid 50 - 100 hours for just a few trophies. Most of everyone would of given up long before then as that is a time frame only the most extreme and hardcore of trophy hunters would even bother with dedicating towards.

Surgeon Simulator, Atari Flashback Classics Vol 1 and OlliOlli2 I achieved through perseverance and gradually chipping away at the trophy lists. Even though I have some respectable accomplishments such as getting every trophy in Sonic Mania in just over four hours (I'm rank 4th in fastest achievers out of over 100,000 game owners and over 3000 who have done all the trophies), I am nowhere near the best in terms of skill or doing actual speedrunning. I slip up a lot, I fail a lot, I generally procrastinate more times than I care to admit. I don't brag about my achievements, as everyone has different skill sets and what someone is good at, someone else isn't so great in doing.

Capcom Arcade Cabinet is one of the most brutally difficult trophy lists I've ever gone for, but I know that even I can get everything in it if I practice, by patient and play a little bit consistently every few days.

My main bothersome game is DOOM 2, which I mentioned very recently on another topic. Nightmare Co-Op trophy is holding me back and I'm going to try to downgrade to an earlier version of the game using the PSX Download Helper. I tested this on Surgeon Simulator and I can confirm downgrading works effectively. There is a way to get a specific version update but I need to do more research on that before I can test it out.

I feel your pain honestly. Cant say how doom 2 plays like with the latest update patch because i platinumed doom 2 before it got even harder but even then, its still very hard no matter what. No way around it other than practice and luck. The way enemies hits you sometimes cant be avoided and it eventually comes down to pray and spray.

I would say COD: Infinite Warfare. I'm a veteran of the series, but I've always played the multiplayer and I'm not that good at zombies. Furthermore, I don't like it, so even though I know I could probably manage to get the platinum I just don't feel like it's worth it. I need to dedicate myself to it but I don't want to waste so much time with a game I don't enjoy.

Edited by ShinySpidey
  • Like 2

Crypt of the Necrodancer is the obvious one for me of course.

But to give a slightly more original answer: Dead or Alive 5. Fighting games are my weakest genre, and this one happens to be one of the harder ones.

The main difficulty comes from clearing all courses in survival mode, of which the last 4 are 100 fights long in increasing difficulty and you have to beat them all on 1 health bar (though you do gain a bit of health for every win). So yea, quite the task..

I'm gonna give it a proper try at some point though, gonna have to git gud and hope the cheese strats are actually useful lol

Edited by Dzware
  • Like 3

Silent Hill 2 HD.

Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games out there and the fact that I could obtain a platinum trophy for it just drives me nuts.
Though I just can't motivate myself enough to do this one.
Every time that I convince myself that i'm going to do it, I start it up, play for about 15 mins and think to myself: "I'm just going to end up hating this", and I quit.

3 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I feel your pain honestly. Cant say how doom 2 plays like with the latest update patch because i platinumed doom 2 before it got even harder but even then, its still very hard no matter what. No way around it other than practice and luck. The way enemies hits you sometimes cant be avoided and it eventually comes down to pray and spray.

They made it harder and this is what's affected:

1. No actual pause. In earlier versions you could pause in Nightmare Co-op, giving you some breathing room and actually plan out what to do next. That is no longer possible, because hitting the start (options button on the PS4 controller) button just brings up the menu while the game is still running. So you can't even take a breather on the later levels in the game.

2. Increase in framerate. DOOM II on the PS4 is now at 60 FPS as it should be. The game looks better and runs a lot more smoothly. But this also means enemies, particularly Pinkies and those Brown Imps, move much faster. The Imp fireballs are faster than before when the game was running at only 30 FPS. This change made Nightmare Co-Op more difficult.

There were some minor changes but I don't think they really affected the game much.

I would of been happy with a single player Nightmare trophy with a Dead Space 2 like save system, you can save every now and then but no more than that. Why the trophy designers decided to put in goddamn split screen and make me play through all 30 levels when I can only see a small screen to play in is beyond me. Let me play on my entire screen, don't shrink it to where I have to squint to see what the hell is going on.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

1. No actual pause. In earlier versions you could pause in Nightmare Co-op, giving you some breathing room and actually plan out what to do next. That is no longer possible, because hitting the start (options button on the PS4 controller) button just brings up the menu while the game is still running. So you can't even take a breather on the later levels in the game.

2. Increase in framerate. DOOM II on the PS4 is now at 60 FPS as it should be. The game looks better and runs a lot more smoothly. But this also means enemies, particularly Pinkies and those Brown Imps, move much faster. The Imp fireballs are faster than before when the game was running at only 30 FPS. This change made Nightmare Co-Op more difficult.

There were some minor changes but I don't think they really affected the game much.

I would of been happy with a single player Nightmare trophy with a Dead Space 2 like save system, you can save every now and then but no more than that. Why the trophy designers decided to put in goddamn split screen and make me play through all 30 levels when I can only see a small screen to play in is beyond me. Let me play on my entire screen, don't shrink it to where I have to squint to see what the hell is going on.

Couldnt agree more. I always thought the trophy for beating nightmare in local co-op without having the option to do it solo too was an odd decision. Its and old game and local co-op wasnt meant to be done solo and even with competent real life friends i imagine co-op would still be incredible unfair because of the way it plays.

• Like 1

Entwined.

A game I picked up from Ps Plus a long time ago. I always test these games out on my second account to see if I would enjoy it. And enjoy it I did. A very relaxing game. I tried to complete it on my second account to no avail.

Basically all you need to do is move the left and right analog stick through some markers. But after a while my thumbs just slip off it. That’s why I could never do the harder challenges. Maybe my hands are just too small for this game ?.

Every couple of months I download the game again to try it. Might do it again soon and just put it on my main account, as there is no turning back than.

2 hours ago, Eraezr said:

For those who have this platinum, which one is harder to do, the Babel stages trophy or getting gold on hard mode? Cuz I was managing the latter up until stage 5 or 6 I think, in 2015.

Babel stages are much harder. For hard mode you can just follow and copy a video guide. Babel stages are RNG and if you play them with one controller are pretty tough, especially Obelisk. If you play with two controllers, or better, have a couch coop friend, it becomes much easier.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Nioh ps5. All that's stopping me is the ice twat and her samurai bro.

yes I did it on ps4 years ago but ive lost a lot of skill and more importantly patience since then. So fuck it.

Come on, man. For that battle, you can just call on your living weapon. Hell - I did that on WotD difficulty (and this was recently, mind you, so after all patches and "nerfs" and the like).

But anyway, I never know if I don't have the skill to get a plat. I mean, I'm sure I don't, but I rarely put that much energy into a game to see (kind of like a gaming Schrodinger's Cat). Among games that I have put a good deal of time into, the ones that come to mind are 

• Super Meat Boy (I get bored, put it down, and pick it up again months or years later, but I don't know that I have the skill and patience to learn the nuances necessary for the no-death runs)
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica (This one makes me sad; back years ago, with a little more work, I think I could have succeeded, but now, my skills have deteriorated, and I don't really care to sharpen them  up)

There are plenty of others, but those two come to mind in regards to time spent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Anything else? Reason I ask is neither of those sound like they'd practically make it 'harder'. The hardest parts of the game don't involve pinkies or imps (well, imps are pretty much everywhere, but you get the point) and I can't say I ever really paused during an actual level run. Levels ain't that long and besides, IIRC, the game can crash if you keep going at the same level too long. Also, power ups didn't respawn (unless they changed that?) With those things in mind, odds are you'd be restarting some of the levels (particularly dying after burning through a power up) rather than just respawning over and over so... just have a breather between restarts?

The biggest threat is totally hit-scan enemies (that 2nd to last level final sprint, they can chew you up without a 2nd player) and also rooms cluttered with higher health enemies because, if playing solo in coop, you physically don't have enough DPS to clear a room before things start respawning and it can sometimes just feel like you're making absolutely no progress xD

I can't think of any level in the game where those 2 changes would make any real tangible difference. There is one room with an obnoxious amount of pinkies but you can shoot them in safety before going in and will mostly ignore the remainder (just kill enough to get through) meanwhile imps, or most projectiles really, aren't a big threat at all.

I get it, technically you can argue it's objectively 'harder' because those are direct enemy buffs with no seemingly no nerfs... But... in practice I just don't see that doing much. The 2nd to last level isn't going to be made any more difficult and that's the real hurdle to face in a Doom 2 coop Nightmare run.

I supposed maybe it can increase your chances of slipping up to an imp fireball, but that's the least of your worries.

Doom 2s coop Nightmare is totally unfair though, but then it is ultimately made for coop and loners like me playing it solo aren't really playing as intended so I guess I should have expected it to be unfair xD

• Like 1

Of the games that are on my profile, Vanquish. A great game that i thoroughly enjoyed but i jut had to admit to myself that i'll never have the patience to obtain the skill required to beat it.

Of games i haven't played due to difficulty, probably wolfenstein 2 

• Like 2

Fall Guys, played it until Fame Rank 40 then moved on. I could get a couple more easy trophies but I don't want to bother with Infallible. 

Metal Gear Solid 2, going for the tags on higher difficulties just became a chore and screw the VR challenges - not worth the time and I wasted so much time on the 60-70%+ I did do already.

I don't really go for uber hard games as I don't typically have time to dedicate myself to them especially when there are so many great games already out there and my backlog just grows...

• Like 2