Demon's Souls PS5 Trophy List

ziggypossum

Well i am glad they didn't bring up the grindy weapon trophies again. I'm worried about getting the boss related trophies. I like the help someone kill a boss trophy as i played a lot in coop. I dislike the invade someone and kill him/her. I never invaded someone in a Soulsborne so far.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

The trophy list looks easier in some respects but harder in others. Question remains if the Stockpile Thomas glitch is patched (I guess we'll find out day 1).

It's probably also possible to do item trading for trophies but may need to be confirmed too. There's fewer trophies to get weapons/rings.

I can't wait until Thursday!

4 hours ago, soliunasm said:

"Not Fooled" looks like it might be a bit irritating

Spoiler

considering it's kind of hard to tell who the real Fool's Idol is until she casts magic.

As far as I remember

Spoiler

the fake Idols have health bars above, when you target on them, so it's not so hard really to understand who is who.

Nice list and love the trophy icons.  That said, I'll buy it later on sale. 

6 hours ago, JinjonatorX said:

"Vanquish a player as an invader"

In all the time I've played Souls games, I've purposely avoided ever invading other players, because I know how frustrating that can be at inconvenient moments, and I prefer helping people out (Sun Bro all the way). 

lord forgive me for what i must yabba dabba do

The atrocities they make us do for trophies ?

On one hand, I am very happy that there isn't a pure blade stone grind, on the other a lot of those boss trophies look missable.

As a result, this could impact co-op since you don't want someone to summon a random on those bosses. And there isn't a way to respawn bosses, so the trophies should only get somewhat harder as you go through the NG+'s.

Also, there's probably gonna be more invasions cause of that trophy.

That said, I look forward to making this platinum #300!

I don't like it. Easier for whoever enjoys online no doubt, but I loathe it. Beyond playing some SF5 this generation, I've avoided online as much as I could. Damn, From Software knows a lot of us hate online, and that's the reason that in their games plenty of resources are often quicker to get if you like helping others or do pvp, but with the alternative of farming offline if you aren't into that. But Bluepoint misses the mark here.

Also I'm already missing the weapon trophies, it made you memorize npcs, enemies and lizards you had to hunt in order to get everything. They already said in an interview that pure bladestones now will not be a pain to farm, so they got rid of the main complaint with the old platinum, and yet, they still remove those trophies... not sure that I like it.

The new "kill the boss this way" trophies don't look bad, even if they're a bit stupid (killing dragon god punching him? wtf... a Saitama homage?)

They added new trophies looks good

7 hours ago, JinjonatorX said:

"Vanquish a player as an invader"

In all the time I've played Souls games, I've purposely avoided ever invading other players, because I know how frustrating that can be at inconvenient moments, and I prefer helping people out (Sun Bro all the way). 

lord forgive me for what i must yabba dabba do

honestly if they have a mound-maker esque system in place (the purple bros in Dark souls 3) where I can invade a player world and help them (and kill them at the same time). I wouldn't be mad 

5 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

It's a neat touch that the there's only a trophy for the bad ending 'Seekest Soul Power' whereas the original only had a trophy for the good ending 'World Uniter'. 

It also throws a bit of a wrench for completing the trophy list without having to do an extra playthrough, since you need the MiB's soul for the Soulsucker spell from Yuria. Might need to save scum if I don't want an extra playthrough.

23 hours ago, soliunasm said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So two forced online trophies then which is a shame.

"Not Fooled" looks like it might be a bit irritating considering it's kind of hard to tell who the real Fool's Idol is until she casts magic.

"Fists of Legend" is also a question of if you have to deal with all the rocks using the Hands of God.

At least there's no Bladestone, Darkmoonstone, or Moonstone grinding required I guess and no reason to go with Mephistopheles.

There's always a reason to go with Mephistopheles.

21 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

It also throws a bit of a wrench for completing the trophy list without having to do an extra playthrough, since you need the MiB's soul for the Soulsucker spell from Yuria. Might need to save scum if I don't want an extra playthrough.

You have to do three playthroughs regardless as they have "All Spells" and "All Miracles" listed. They also stated in interviews that older major bugs have been patched so no Stockpile Thomas dupes.

4 hours ago, soliunasm said:

You have to do three playthroughs regardless as they have "All Spells" and "All Miracles" listed. They also stated in interviews that older major bugs have been patched so no Stockpile Thomas dupes.

Most bosses have 1 miracle, 1 sorcery, 2 sorceries, or 1 sorcery and 1 miracle as the trade for their soul. Three bosses have 2 sorceries and 1 miracle for their soul. As long as you don't want to use the miracle from one of those three bosses (or the items that is crafted from their souls) during your 2 playthroughs, you could do it with save back-ups near the end of your NG+ playthrough. In NG you will have to pick the good ending as that provides a soul that trades for a sorcery. Once you complete level 1-3 and worlds 2 through 5 in NG+, you have 2 copies of the souls of those three bosses and the ability to learn every other miracle and sorcery as long as you didn't craft the Lava Bow, the insanity Catalyst, or the Blueblood Sword.

Back up your save, trade for the miracle from each of those same three bosses, and the Saint's trophy will pop. Revert your save, trade for both sorceries from those three bosses, and the Sage's trophy will pop as long as you have all the rest of the sorceries (including the sorcery from picking the good ending in NG). Then finish NG+ and pick the bad ending for Seekest soul power. If you were to save the good ending for NG+ instead, you will have to find the relevant sorcery merchant again in NG++ to get the Sage's Trophy which requires playing through 1.5 worlds.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

Overall a pretty decent list, haven't played Demon's Souls so this will be my first time and also my final Souls platinum.

However, defeating someone as an invader is not making me feel warm and fuzzy, especially since I won't be getting PS5 and Demon's Souls at launch but probably a couple of months later. By that time, everyone is going to be beefed up, ready to one-shot me and things will be much harder then. Here's hoping some kind of boosting will be possible, would like to get the co-op trophies out of the way fast to enjoy the rest of it solo.

Edited by l33sar54
Words

6 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

Overall a pretty decent list, haven't played Demon's Souls so this will be my first time and also my final Souls platinum.

However, defeating someone as an invader is not making me feel warm and fuzzy, especially since I won't be getting PS5 and Demon's Souls at launch but probably a couple of months later. By that time, everyone is going to be beefed up, ready to one-shot me and things will be much harder then. Here's hoping some kind of boosting will be possible, would like to get the co-op trophies out of the way fast to enjoy the rest of it solo.

The multiplayer restrictions were similar to Dark Souls 1, you could only invade within a certain level range. So if they keep that system, even if you were to do it years later, you will still be invading people who are at a similar progress point in the game as you, not folks with endgame gear (unless they twink up by purposefully keeping their soul level low).

1 minute ago, Guardian_owl said:

The multiplayer restrictions were similar to Dark Souls 1, you could only invade within a certain level range. So if they keep that system, even if you were to do it years later, you will still be invading people who are at a similar progress point in the game as you, not folks with endgame gear (unless they twink up by purposefully keeping their soul level low).

Hey, that's good to know, thank you for clarifying.

27 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

Have you invaded much before in the other games? You’d be surprised the amount of truly unprepared players you run into. I’m terrible at min/maxing my build and still win about 30-40% of my invasions. Have faith! 

2 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

Have you invaded much before in the other games? You’d be surprised the amount of truly unprepared players you run into. I’m terrible at min/maxing my build and still win about 30-40% of my invasions. Have faith! 

I haven't ever invaded anyone in a Souls game, I know that it's a mechanic many people like but I just can't see the appeal. For me, a Souls game is first and foremost a PvE affair, and PvP is not something I play them for. I like the co-op aspect, though, helping others defeat bosses (and be helped in turn). It's a personal preference.

That being said, you're probably right that there should be one hapless player who I could just kill for the trophy and be done with it.