Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

How can i download games on vita without using store?
To me it seems that without store i wont be able to download any of my vita games anymore,so now i how to buy many vita memory cards and download it all befour it closes down?

• Like 2

I wonder if they know what they're doing on Vita. You must access the Store app on Vita in order to access your Download List. Which is crap anyway, because once you download something, it sends you to the top of the list. Totally retarded. PS3 is a little better in that, but still.

• Like 4

i cant remember exactly how i got the vita to download without the store but everything stores on your account. if you look on youtube i'm sure you can figure it out 

though i'm sorry for not being as helpful as you would want :(.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If you felt insulted by people saying to wait for confirmation, that's on you. 

They were saying that my arguments about stopped sales, bugfixing and webstore are nothing.
Yet it turned out that their blind faith in Sony is nothing, although it was obvious that Sony is going to fck 'em up seriously very soon...
But as I said they don't care much cause they ain't playing games, they play PlayStation.
Good luck to everyone, see you on other platforms!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yoszek said:

To me it seems that without store i wont be able to download any of my vita games anymore,so now i how to buy many vita memory cards and download it all befour it closes down?

I am guessing an update will follow, however I am as confused as you

4 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Well there you have it. Sucks but at least it says we'll still have access to our previously-bought content.

Except that you won't. Not all of it anyway.

Case in point, I just bought the DLC for LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens on PS3. Season pass activates only a character pack in your download list. All level packs must be downloaded directly from the store. You own them, but they aren't going to show up in the download list. I'm sure there's innumerable other examples, that we just don't know about. And won't ever until it's too late.

So come June, is Sony going to refund that content that you own, but now can't download because they fucked up and the content isn't in a download list?

And, no one has yet answered - where is the download list on a Vita? Oh, right - in the fucking store.

• Like 1

Not surprised that it ended up being true. The ability to still download purchased content was the only thing concerning me the most though. I feel a shutdown was inevitable as time goes on, but this isn’t a good look with Sony having ‘digital only’ consoles now. I’ll be purchasing tons of Vita/PS3 games and DLC over the coming months and advise others to do the same before it’s too late. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

So here's the real question...

Can I hack a console to download whatever games I want and still get trophies without a ban?

Vita, supposedly yes, but you would definitely risk a ban doing so on PS3. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LamiaTears said:

Relieved we'll still be able to download our existing purchases, just came here to laugh at the smug people in the thread who posted condescending messages about how dumb we all are and how this unfounded rumor will never turn out to be true. ?

Just because that didn't happen today doesn't mean it won't in the future.  I doubt that service makes it to 2025.

Is there anywhere a decent list that shows digital only Vita and PS3 games?

I would liek to see what else, especially visual novels and jrpgs, I yet would like to buy before they are gone.

But trying to do that on the consoles themselves seems like a terrible idea...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

So here's the real question...

Can I hack a console to download whatever games I want and still get trophies without a ban?

It’s forbidden to discuss this here but visit r/vitahacks on Reddit if you wish to hack your vita. It’s supposed to be safe.

in no way do I condone this.

I heard ps3 hacking gets you banned though.

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Except that you won't. Not all of it anyway.

Case in point, I just bought the DLC for LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens on PS3. Season pass activates only a character pack in your download list. All level packs must be downloaded directly from the store. You own them, but they aren't going to show up in the download list. I'm sure there's innumerable other examples, that we just don't know about. And won't ever until it's too late.

So come June, is Sony going to refund that content that you own, but now can't download because they fucked up and the content isn't in a download list?

And, no one has yet answered - where is the download list on a Vita? Oh, right - in the fucking store.

No wait, seriously? That's not supposed to exist. There's something wrong with your list. I've 300+ owned games, the only DLC that you own and that you don't have to download are the licensed tied to your account under Services List.

However, i know of ONE DLC that you're forced to downlod from the PS4 Store, for a PS4 game. Benjamin's Flight for Thomas Was Alone. Also the Media Player app, if you try to get it from your library, it redirects you to the Store app for whatever reason.

I'm also still wondering why they disabled anything that's not a game or a demo from the new webstore Download List.

3 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Welp, this is truly a sad day indeed. I had a feeling the rumour was true from the start so I'm not surprised, but still very disappointed.

There are so many games that are going to be lost, with the only way to obtain them via piracy or forking out for old physical PS1/PS2 games that will be gone from the only digital storefront they're available on come July/August.

And honestly, that's the thing that gets me the most; it's such short notice, I'd say it's honestly unacceptable, especially during a global pandemic.

Vita is barely even a decade old and they're killing off both its store and messaging system.

I can't believe Sony would do this after releasing a digital only PS5. I imagine plenty won't care about this news and buy one anyway, maybe because they know they won't be playing PS5 games a decade from now anyway, or they simply don't think that far ahead. Either way, it's going to just reinforce the fear in many people that digital is not forever.

Now I genuinely worry about how long it will be until other online services on these consoles are killed off. It will have been less than a year that they killed off the old games section from their new webstore, to shutting down the stores for those consoles completely. Who's to say it will only be another year that we can continue to sync trophies or access PS Plus cloud saves? I still doubt those will be going away anytime soon, but it is honestly really concerning. Sony is getting increasingly more and more anti-consumer, they've made it very clear that they really only care about immediate big sales nowadays. PS3 and Vita are clearly no longer profitable enough for them, despite undoubtedly still making enough profit to pay for their store servers at least twice over every week, so who's to say when they decide to pull the plug on these consoles completely.

I've been a fan of PlayStation since the PS1, and Sony has done loooooads of things to piss me off and disappoint me over the years, this is the first time they've done something that genuinely makes me feel "depressed", for lack of a better term. They're erasing so many games from history for the sake of "streamlining" their image and catering to those that only really seem to care about what's new and trendy. I know a single lifelong fan doesn't mean shit to Sony, they repeatedly shit on their legacy despite constantly bringing up their legacy to drum up nostalgia when it benefits them. I only hope all these games are being backed up elsewhere as we speak.

This is how I feel, truly sad... I even had tears (seriously), I've always loved PlayStation ever since I was a kid and it just makes me sad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yoszek said:

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I wonder if they know what they're doing on Vita. You must access the Store app on Vita in order to access your Download List. Which is crap anyway, because once you download something, it sends you to the top of the list. Totally retarded. PS3 is a little better in that, but still.

1 hour ago, DarkSoleride said:

I am guessing an update will follow, however I am as confused as you

Via PS3 I guess, like it is working now (download PSV version then transfer to PSV via PC).