WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Sailar91 said:

I was hoping for a fake news, but actually it confirmed now 

I hope for a last big sale for Ps3 an Vita 

Unlikely, Nintendo didn't discount anything when they were shutting down the eShop on the Wii

Sad to see this confirmed. Cleared out most of my PS3 backlog thankfully and most games I’m interested in can be bought physically. Mostly worried about DLC, as that will be impossible to buy. Only bought my Vita last summer and still only played one game. Just bought a 32GB card now to download every game I’m interested in.

Posted (edited)

Atleast I’m happy that we still can redownload en sync trophies on the PS3 and PS Vita. Hopefully Sony will do a big final sale on everything in both stores before they close.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

6 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Yeah except that's exactly what they won't do...

Yup. Hate to say it, but the PS4 user interface is quite sluggish. You click to the right or left to see your list of games and sometimes it jumps 10 icons instead of just 1 icon. The store crashes often and won't load screenshots.

Is this them "enhancing our customer experience further?"

1 minute ago, Pharros said:

I hope someone makes a list of store only exclusive titles and stuff like story DLC.

Things that comes to mind for me is Asura's wrath, Drakengard 3 for the ps3 with their story DLC and Adventures of mana on the Vita(is that available on anything else?)

Adventures of Mana is only on vita and digital only so that will be lost to legitimate customers and only pirates will be able to access it after closure

How can i download games on vita without using store?
To me it seems that without store i wont be able to download any of my vita games anymore,so now i how to buy many vita memory cards and download it all befour it closes down?

I wonder if they know what they're doing on Vita. You must access the Store app on Vita in order to access your Download List. Which is crap anyway, because once you download something, it sends you to the top of the list. Totally retarded. PS3 is a little better in that, but still.

8 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

There were still companies making vita games, was there no consideration for those companies.

Yeah, it looks like they just learned about it with everyone else. 

i cant remember exactly how i got the vita to download without the store but everything stores on your account. if you look on youtube i'm sure you can figure it out 

though i'm sorry for not being as helpful as you would want :(.

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If you felt insulted by people saying to wait for confirmation, that's on you. 

They were saying that my arguments about stopped sales, bugfixing and webstore are nothing.
Yet it turned out that their blind faith in Sony is nothing, although it was obvious that Sony is going to fck 'em up seriously very soon...
But as I said they don't care much cause they ain't playing games, they play PlayStation.
Good luck to everyone, see you on other platforms!

1 minute ago, yoszek said:

How can i download games on vita without using store?
To me it seems that without store i wont be able to download any of my vita games anymore,so now i how to buy many vita memory cards and download it all befour it closes down?

I am guessing an update will follow, however I am as confused as you

4 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Well there you have it. Sucks but at least it says we'll still have access to our previously-bought content.

Except that you won't. Not all of it anyway.

Case in point, I just bought the DLC for LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens on PS3. Season pass activates only a character pack in your download list. All level packs must be downloaded directly from the store. You own them, but they aren't going to show up in the download list. I'm sure there's innumerable other examples, that we just don't know about. And won't ever until it's too late.

So come June, is Sony going to refund that content that you own, but now can't download because they fucked up and the content isn't in a download list?

And, no one has yet answered - where is the download list on a Vita? Oh, right - in the fucking store.

Not surprised that it ended up being true. The ability to still download purchased content was the only thing concerning me the most though. I feel a shutdown was inevitable as time goes on, but this isn’t a good look with Sony having ‘digital only’ consoles now. I’ll be purchasing tons of Vita/PS3 games and DLC over the coming months and advise others to do the same before it’s too late. 

I mean it was inevitable.

8 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

So here's the real question...

Can I hack a console to download whatever games I want and still get trophies without a ban?

Vita, supposedly yes, but you would definitely risk a ban doing so on PS3. 

28 minutes ago, LamiaTears said:

Relieved we'll still be able to download our existing purchases, just came here to laugh at the smug people in the thread who posted condescending messages about how dumb we all are and how this unfounded rumor will never turn out to be true. 🍷

Just because that didn't happen today doesn't mean it won't in the future.  I doubt that service makes it to 2025.