Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection announced for PS5 & PC (January 28, 2022)

Iron Galaxy has done a lot of big name port and support work: https://irongalaxystudios.com/ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy#Ports)

I thought the idea was Naughty Dog developers would work on the PS5 code to get familiar with the changes from PS4 codebase in preparation of new projects, but this tells me they're knee-deep into other work and needed someone else to take the reigns. Iron Galaxy is only taking on the PC support, ND is doing the PS5 work.

It'll sell really well on PC when it releases and since I still haven't started any of my PS4 copies, maybe I'll push these further down my backlog and onto my PS5 backlog plans.

Edited by DaivRules

2 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

I'm not a fan of PS4 games being remastered for PS5 especially since u can still play the PS4 versions on PS5 anyway

PS3 remasters on PS4 was passable because there was no backwards compatibility 

I agree, however in this case it at least has the excuse of the pc version which is something, i guess, at least its not the old trilogy again which is what i thought it was at first
I sure as hell ain't sitting through these again though

5 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

I'm not a fan of PS4 games being remastered for PS5 especially since u can still play the PS4 versions on PS5 anyway

I don't own a PS5 yet so I don't know how big the difference truly is from PS4 but yeah it just seems very unnecessary 

All I need to know is if this is supposed to be a full purchase...or if I can just spend $10 to upgrade my PS4 versions? If it's an upgrade model...I'll probably replay them, I love Uncharted so that's not a big deal. But if it's a full on repurchase...then I probably won't bother, at least not any time soon. 

Still need to replay the Remasters of 2 and 3. 

2 hours ago, HondaHoe said:

me too, espcially the utterly pointless The Last of Us thats coming for PS5 or the milked GTA V/Skyrim

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MD_91 said:

I don't own a PS5 yet so I don't know how big the difference truly is from PS4 but yeah it just seems very unnecessary 

Apart from the faster loading times, only if it's optimized for PS5, of which only a few games exists, the graphical difference aren't all that dramatic. If you juxtapose the two version and are being really pedantic about trivial graphical improvements, then I guess PS5 versions are better. For me, most of the PS4 games are perfectly fine and would take new games over PS4 remasters any day.

That being said, I am a bit spoilt now with games running at 60fps. HZD was so smooth with the update.

Edited by boorish_brute