February 2022's PS+ games are EA Sports UFC 4, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, and Planet Coaster

Abby_TheLastofUs

The only one of these I'd consider playing is Planet Coaster. Probably won't have time for it, though.

1 minute ago, Ashbo said:

Sure this was on Plus about 3-4yrs ago! 

It has not been on Plus. But it's been on sale for like $5 on PSN multiple times.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

Tiny Tina, if that's the full game, makes up for at least a couple months of bs though.

Well it's rather a Borderlands 2 DLC being sold seperately.

3 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Hold on! The Tiny Tina game is just her Borderlands 2 DLC?

But we already got that back in June 2019 with the Handsome Collection!

Well Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is a Borderlands 2 DLC being released on its own so apparently it's being considered independently from Borderlands 2 (or as you say correctly the Handsome Collection).

Personally i'm very happy to have not bought Tiny Tina's DLC Standalone yet but i'm gonna play it soon. Best Borderlands 2 DLC and among best Borderlands franchise dlc :)

1 minute ago, Infernopommes said:

This game did not get "review bombed". To be fair, I can't remember exactly what it was with the in-game ads, I know there was controversy when they added it to UFC 3 (removed later), but I don't know about 4.

UFC 4 is not a good game, especially not if you liked UFC 3. This game got trashed by the community, because it changed a lot of things that worked in UFC 3, because it had garbage/re-used fighter models in the beginning, had some garbage fight mechanics (I think they fixed most of it, but it's still highly exploitable) and so on.

I don't know who considers UFC 4 one of the best MMA games to date, let alone the best. Certainly not someone who played a lot of MMA games.

It's a combination of both. Yes, the game got negative user reviews because people didn't like the game, but it was also review bombed after EA added the in-game advertisements, and the backlash, which included the review bombing, is what led them to removing the ads from the game.

I recall many reviews calling it the best UFC game when it was released, but I'll double check and edit my post if I was misremembering.

11 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Planet Coaster seems good, but not a great month. Kinda scared it may get a bunch of DLC like other simulators.

It already has a whole lot of them, but they don't seem to add trophies.

I actually wanted to buy Planet Coaster and had it in a wishlist for a while. A good month.

• Like 1

The only thing here that's remotely interesting to me is Planet Coaster, I've always wanted to give that a try because I loved games like RollerCoaster Tycoon and Thrillville growing up.

Already played Tiny Tina when it was free on the EGS, it's fine but I'm not too into Borderlands. They could've at least given us the entire Handsome Collection.

And UFC... yeah I can't defend that crap.

Mediocre month overall, but I guess that isn't that big of a deal for me considering I haven't even gotten into P5 Strikers from this month yet.

Edited by MadDoggMajima
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I recall many reviews calling it the best UFC game when it was released, but I'll double check and edit my post if I was misremembering.

Yes, I would be very interested in that, if you find them, please send them to me.

UFC 4 tried to appeal to a broader audience, so maybe those casuals called it the best MMA game. It has arcade-like stuff and so on, it actually appalled lots of MMA (game) fans. But to be clear, they had a lot of patches since the start, so I don't know the current state of the game,

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, djb5f said:

+1 for the Flair montage!

UFC 4 is a nice get.  A kind of game I buy on the cheap but never did so it is a welcomed edition.

Not sir what Planet Coaster is.  I’ll have to look into that. 

Planet Coaster is pretty fun. If you've ever heard of or played Roller Coaster Tycoon, it's like that. You can build your amusement park and go through a story mode of sorts where you fix up a park to certain requirements to earn stars. I think it's a pretty good addition to Plus, especially if you like tycoon/management style games. 

I bought Planet Coaster on release and it is a great game. It has DLC but none has had a trophy list with it. Even if you don't buy the DLC you can get most of this game done easily. So if you have not gotten this game yet, give it a try you may be pleasantly surprised. It is my top sim game since Thrillville. 

For me, Tina has been on the radar and it makes sense to release it to hype up the full game. I may snag that one. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MadDoggMajima said:

The only thing here that's remotely interesting to me is Planet Coaster, I've always wanted to give that a try because I loved games like RollerCoaster Tycoon and Thrillville growing up.

Already played Tiny Tina when it was free on the EGS, it's fine but I'm not too into Borderlands. They could've at least given us the entire Handsome Collection.

They did give us Handsome Collection, back in June of 2019.

• Like 1

I'm really disapointed with the trend of giving only the ps4 or ps5 version and not both with these plus games. It seems like sony is missing an easy win here that wouldn't cost them that much.

As for the games, sports game is okay for those who like them but not for me. Tiny tina was literally given away on plus as part of the handsome collection already. Planet coaster will be enjoyable enough I guess. 

• Like 2