All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

17 minutes ago, Gr4de_04 said:

Does this mean that if you buy PS Now before the change you effectively get premium ps+ at a discount?

I'm curious if you're grandfathered in.  I just renewed Plus and Now myself so I'd hope someone in that situation would just get the highest tier until the date they effectively paid for the last one, whichever it was.  In my case, Now is a month off of Plus, so like, maybe I lose it for that last month.  I have no idea, I'm over thinking it.  I just know when I moved up my Switch Online it got messed up, so hopefully this won't be something similar.

I was hoping to get brand new games in the new service like in Xbox Game Pass, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Well, it's basically the merging of two, in my opinion, rather mediocre services (Plus and Now) into one expensive mediocre service. I don't see the improvement for the players what this restructuring should have.

• Like 4

You may have to do it via physical psnow cards if you can find a store that still has them(thankfully i found a 3 month card at a local retro game/trading card/comic book shop i occasionally visit about an hour ago so now i just have to buy a 1 year plus sub once my 2 10$ psn code i got at swagbucks comes in and im set for a year) as they seem to have removed the 1 and 3 month options from the store because sony is greedy and they knew people would buy years now subs in advance had they not pulled the option the same time they announced the service.

"As this is a massive launch effort, we’re rolling out the new PlayStation Plus offering in a phased regional approach. In the June timeframe, we’ll begin with an initial launch in several markets in Asia, followed by North America, Europe and the rest of the world where PlayStation Plus is offered"

Does that mean the UK will get this last? Or will everyone have it by June.

5 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Jim Ryan 2021: no one wants to play old games We can not charge you again for games you already own.

Jim Ryan 2022: here's a premium paywall so u can play older games You can pay us again for games you already own.

As a subscriber to both PS+ and PS Now, not a lot will change for me I think. Hopefully they will not seize this opportunity to axe some stuff in the name of progress.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dmm121182 said:

PS+ Essential - $60 (Even Less Of The "Essential" Bullsh*t Than We Already Get.)

- Only 6, 4, 3, 2 Monthly Games That Are Yours To "Own" If You Keep Subscribing Until You Die.

- Exclusively Rare And Exclusively Minor Exclusive Discounts That Are Almost Exclusively Extinct.

- No Raised Limits To Cloud Storage In Over 3 Years. Got Over 1,000 Save Files? Start Deleting!

- Sony's Permission To Use The Online Functionality For All The Games You Already Payed For.

- No Improvements. No Additional Content. No Added Value. Fu*k You, Give Me Money!

PS+ Extra - $100 (Even Less Of The "Essential" Bullsh*t + Some "Extra" Bullsh*t.)

PS+ Premium - $120 (Even Less Of The "Essential" Bullsh*t + Some "Premium" Bullsh*t.)

Is it really that surprising they are overcharging for their mediocre service?

Also, it is paid, not payed(that is for nautical use)

Definitely sticking with the base plan.  I really get Plus to be able to play online (mandatory).  The monthly PS Plus games, cloud storage, and sales are just nice-to-haves.

Never really had any interest in PSNow.  I have an ample backlog of games I really want to play (bought on sale) before I’d realistically get to anything on PSNow.

Edited by djb5f

Don't know why people were expecting a gamepass competitor, Sony actually have more than 2 exclusives that people are willing to pay for and they've made it pretty clear in the past they aren't capable of making PS3 games downloadable

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Conker said:

can't wait too see how pricey these new tiers are in Australia, also the Countries that never had ps now like Aus, do we get those games too or still are left out?

• PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

Looking at PS Now current line up i would buy 1-2 months of Ps Plus Extra just for games like Shadow Complex, Costume Quest 2, Pixel Piracy, Carmageddon, Velocity 2X.

They don't go on sale often, are pricey and mostly don't require DLC to 100%.

PS Now is not available in my country but PS Extra problably will be (last tier with streaming probably not).

This rebranding is perfect way to make PS Now users pay more and push 'Extra' part to places where Now wasn't available without problems of opening new servers for streaming PS3 games.