May 2022's PS+ Games - Tribes of Midgard, Curse of the Dead Gods, and FIFA 22

Abby_TheLastofUs

Erm that is one average list, better than the last couple of months, which isn't saying much granted.

FIFA, despite being rather controversial for a Plus title, I feel it's going to be a rather decent choice for casual players that dabble on football every now and then.

FIFA could be legit, as it's rumored crossplay is coming to 22 to test before 23 and they'll want more people playing to test if the server can handle it.  Also, TOTS starts soon and it's a final cash grab to try and sell some packs to new players lol.

Edited by Glorious Fury

7 hours ago, Batmannequin said:

As in.a big name, big-selling famous game.

Okay, you're right. Just learned that it was the best selling game 2021 in my country. So yeah, kind of a big deal for a lot of people.

-----

I am looking forward to this Curse game, looks really good. So I guess I am going to grind the shit out of this. 

Edited by Varstraaten
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

the drop rate and quality of items you get is based on one of your stats - discovery, which you can choose to upgrade rather than strength or dexterity. 

There are other perks that can modify it, but the base level is from that stat.

Generally, the curses / perks are not really categorised as "strong" vs "weak" - they are all just more or less beneficial / detrimental based on how you are playing, and what weapons you have.

Certain curses can actually be really beneficial depending on your style, while certain perks can work against you. (For example, I'm terrible at parrying, so I never parry... so the "curse" that gives you more invincibility frames on dodges, but makes parrying impossible isn't really a curse for me - it's a delightful bonus that I try not to cure!

The whole game is kinda like that - you have to keep switching up how you play, to maximise the benefits of the items you find.

Thank you for that info. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JourneySilvers said:

But let's be real, FIFA is straight up an insult. Why do they still hand out sports games knowing that the majority of the community wants nothing to do with them?

LOL @ thinking the trophy hunter community represents the majority of anything 

Everyone and their mother will be playing it next week 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Wow, been awhile since we got another soccer game. Weren't we get post to get a soccer game in 2019 and it was replaced because of so many complaints that month?

Yeah, we were meant to get PES, but they replaced it with Detroit.

PES went on sale for around £4 shortly after, though, so I snagged it then. It's pretty decent.

• Like 1

Has there ever been a month where the overall consensus was positive for the PS Plus games? I feel like at this point no matter what they put out, people will always complain about the choices regardless. I don't really know what people expect, the game choices for PS Plus have always been hit or miss since the inception of it. It hasn't gotten any better or worse but yet the complaining has seemed to have ramped up significantly. It's impossible to please everybody's tastes every single month but I think overall, they're doing a pretty good job keeping the games varied from month to month and are good enough to keep people interested in the free game offers every month despite the complaining. 

With that said, nothing for me this month although I think FIFA would be a very popular download among the majority even if it's not very popular here (go figure). I haven't even gotten around to playing Ghostrunner or Team Sonic Racing yet and those games are from 2 months ago so I can use another month to catch up anyway. 

Edited by mega-tallica

50 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

LOL @ thinking the trophy hunter community represents the majority of anything 

Everyone and their mother will be playing it next week 

Tbf, I was thinking of the gaming community in general. Everyone I've had direct communication with in this hobby hates FIFA. Figured it was something people only bought and played if they were huge fans of it and not much else. 

If I'm wrong and the majority love FIFA, then my bad I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, djb5f said:

Lol, what community are you referring to?

FIFA will be claimed and played more than the other two combined, many times over. 

Maybe you are referring to the trophy hunter community but that is not the community these games are being offered to (i.e., PS Plus). 

Yes, I know many trophy hunters avoid sports games like the plague (too grindy or difficult for most, no interest for others), but even still, FIFA is more popular on this trophy hunting site as well.

Whoops, adding you to my response as well. Genuinely didnt think people was so interested in FIFA tbh

3 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

Tbf, I was thinking of the gaming community in general. Everyone I've had direct communication with in this hobby hates FIFA.

maybe u and ur friends are living under a rock lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/krisholt/2022/02/01/fifa-and-apex-legends-growth-drove-eas-biggest-ever-quarter-for-net-bookings/?sh=6b8519b76b13

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

12 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

If I'm wrong and the majority love FIFA, then my bad I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Has their ever been a month where the overall consensus was positive for the PS Plus games? I feel like at this point no matter what they put out, people will always complain about the choices regardless. I don't really know what people expect, the game choices for PS Plus have always been hit or miss since the inception of it. It hasn't gotten any better or worse but yet the complaining has seemed to have ramped up significantly. It's impossible to please everybody's tastes every single month but I think overall, they're doing a pretty good job keeping the games varied from month to month and are good enough to keep people interested in the free game offers every month despite the complaining. 

With that said, nothing for me this month although I think FIFA would be a very popular download among the majority even if it's not very popular here (go figure). I haven't even gotten around to playing Ghostrunner or Team Sonic Racing yet and those games are from 2 months ago so I can use another month to catch up anyway. 

People like to complain, you'll always find some special nuggets here who are not satisfied, doesn't matter what game it is they offer. When they offered Bloodborne, people were mad because they've already played the game. Youtube comment sections are also dogshit, nothing you can do about it.

56 minutes ago, Mori said:

People like to complain, you'll always find some special nuggets here who are not satisfied, doesn't matter what game it is they offer. When they offered Bloodborne, people were mad because they've already played the game. Youtube comment sections are also dogshit, nothing you can do about it.

Yeah I mean, you'd have a hard time finding a community that's more negative, pessimistic, and harder to please than the gaming community. It's downright depressing. The quality of the products hasn't gotten any worse, it's the quality of people nowadays that has gotten worse. Nothing you can do about it, that's true, but that doesn't make it any easier to ignore when it's everywhere you go.