*Ended* MrGarland's Giveaway #1

MrGarland

Question #1:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? No, I have not played it.

Question #2:

Well... I've been asking Konami, on Twitter, to remaster it for a while now. And I hope, one day, they'll finally do it, so that I could play Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in its definitive form -- the way it's meant to be played.

Question #3:

If I win, mayhaps I'll consider grabbing either Devil May Cry HD Collection, Devil May Cry 5 + Vergil Deluxe Edition or Oneechanbara Origin.

1. Nope. 

2. Sure and aim for plat.  I am fan of MGS, my first MGS was MGS2+3 on vita and my first plat.  Will never forget tried at least 200 times to save the VR curry rice.  Really hope those MGS 1,4, PW, R will comes to PS4/5 cause I dont have a PS3, always want to buy one only for those games.  Not a Platinum Games fan but its a part of MGS with Raiden's story so I will play it for sure if any chance. 

3. Not sure what to buy yet, maybe some digital only indies or grab some games on sale.  

Thanks for the giveaway,  Good Luck all. :)

1. No

2. Yes it is in my backlog and I'm going to go for 100% completion. Looking forward to it. I also have the other MGS games in my backlog as well.

3. I'm going to get a US card even though I'm in EU so I can buy stuff that are only available in the US store.

Answer #1: Haven't played skipping to the next question.

Answer #2: If I had the opportunity I would definitely play it, I've enjoyed the metal gear solid games in the past and I'm currently preparing to play through MGS5 on PC, since I am a completionist I would aim for that 100% and Platinum. I think it would be a fun game.

Answer #3: If I win I'd either wait for a sale and buy something that grabs my eye, or I would buy Spider-Man: Miles Morales as that's something that I've wanted to play but never felt I could justify buying it, but this might end up being that opportunity.

4 hours ago, MrGarland said:
Remember my Atelier Ryza 2 platinum post? I mentioned that if I get a project after that game done, I'd plan to do a Giveaway. Did I succeed? As a matter of fact, yes. And thus, a promise is a promise. Here's the Giveaway I'm holding. I know I'm late when it comes to this, but because of reasons, I had to delay this for a while. At least I got something else from my backlog done too, so I guess now it's an appropriate time to do this, so please don't think of me as a traitor when I'm doing this now and not then.

What are the rewards? PSN cards obviously, but you're probably wondering how many are going to get them, as well as the value. The number of PSN cards I'm planning to give is 3, one for each winner. The value? I'm being generous, so 30€/$/£ etc each. How to get them? Answer the questions below, and you might have a chance to win.

As for the topic, I'm not  that good when it comes to creating those so I might as well keep things simple and for that, I'll select the game I got done earlier this year which is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. The spin-off game from the Metal Gear series that's known for its fast paced action, boss battles, soundtrack and of course, the memes which seemed to have regained popularity after brand new videos started to pop on YouTube at the start of this year. It's nice to see that the game hasn't been forgotten, even after all these years and despite that there's no sequel, remake or remaster.

With that being said, it's question time.

Question 1: Have you played the game before? If so, what did you like about it? You can name more than one thing. (Note: If you answered this question, skip the next one.)

Question 2: If you haven't played it, would you do so if you ever got a chance? If you do, would you play casually or would you try to get the platinum and 100% on DLCs?

Question 3: If you win, is there anything specific you'd buy? For example, are you planning to save money for a game or a DLC and you need a little extra to get it?

That's all I have to say. Once there are enough posts, I'll choose the lucky trio and contact each of them personally.

PS. This won't be the only time I'm holding a Giveaway. I'm planning to do another one after my 150th milestone (which I've decided what game gets that honor). I won't reveal it now, though.

Answer 1 i did not

Answer 2 : one day I will ... plat it

Answer 3 : I will wait to buy Diablo IV

thks 4 the giveaway

Answer #1: Not yet

Answer #2: I have not yet played that game, but I would like to. I really enjoyed Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain and Ground Zero, both of which I 100%. If this game is anything like those Metal Gear games then I'm sure I'd have a blast and would for sure at least try to Platinum it.

Answer #3: I currently have PS+ Essential, and I believe that $30 would be enough, or almost enough to upgrade the remainder of my time to Extra.  I'd likely do that since there are so many games on Extra that I'd love to play, or I'll wait for some good sales and pick something up. Who knows, I may even finally buy Episode 5 of Life is Strange 2.. I bought a used copy of that game not knowing that the final episode was not on the disk and was only provided as a one time use code.

Edited by Mr-Photo

Question 2: If you haven't played it, would you do so if you ever got a chance? If you do, would you play casually or would you try to get the platinum and 100% on DLCs?

It's funny I saw this thread, because I bought the game on Steam about a month ago, and was planning on playing it before the end of the year. If it's even half as good as Vanquish and Bayonetta, I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun.

With most games, my first playthrough is strictly casual. If I love a game though, and think I could actually achieve a 100%, then I definitely go for it. 

Question 3: If you win, is there anything specific you'd buy? For example, are you planning to save money for a game or a DLC and you need a little extra to get it?

I would use the money to upgrade to the highest tier of PS Plus. I would play the game Stray immediately, followed by a few scary games for spooky October.

PS - Thanks for the generosity. It's appreciated, and it makes the forum a nicer place to be.
Edited by EverythingOnFire

Question 1: Have you played the game before? If so, what did you like about it? You can name more than one thing. 
Not yet.

Maybe in the future I would if I would like to add on to the Metal Gear Games Collection. I played the MGS games back in the PS1 and PS2 but since I only returned to the world of PlayStation in 2018, the only platinum I have is for MGSV: The Phantom Pain. It was my most played game for 2020 lol

I would probably grab the next Final Fantasy game coming out, since that's the series I love the most. I buy all my games digitally so that when I'm done with the game, I can share the game to members of the trophy hunting community here in the Philippines.

Q2: I played the demo when that was still new before the game ever came out, but never actually the full game. When we found out the Platinum difficulty was so high it always turned me off to it. And at this point, I doubt I'll ever bother.

Q3: Probably nothing specific. Situation like this would be good for when we have a sale and I can put it towards a few things at once.

Question 1: No I haven't played it.

Question 2: If there was a remaster for the PS4/5, I most likely would. I've played Metal Gear games before. Now I know Revengeance is far more action focused rather than stealth but that's not a problem for me (it kinda gives off Ninja Gaiden II vibes). As for how I would play, I always try to go for 100%/platinum.

Question 3: Nothing too specific for now since Ps Plus extra is giving a huge backlog so probably just save it. Since I am slowly working through the AC games, I would probably use the prize for the season pass for Syndicate if I had to buy something. That's still far off though. Gotta work through III remastered, Rogue, and Unity first.

7 hours ago, MrGarland said:
Question 1: Have you played the game before?

Q1 - No

Q2 - Also no.

Q3 - I'm looking forward to grabbing some stuff off my Wishlist (Ravenous Devils or the new Ghostbusters game)

Cheers brother!

1 - Haven't played it yet

2 - Yes, I own it but along with nearly all the other Metal Gear games but I haven't played any of them yet. I'll play revengeance once I've knocked out a few of the earlier games. As always, will go for the 100% at some point.

3 - I'm thinking if I got a card might put it toward some of the Drakangard 3 DLC on PS3. They're damn expensive and so I think a contribution toward that would motivate me into buying them :)

Thanks for doing the giveaway

1. Yes, I played before but only just completed the story and some random trophies. I'm nowhere near skilled enough for those harder difficulties and taking no damage from bosses... The best part of the game is of course the music! I love how it gets you hyped and how it gets more intense during each boss phase!

3. Probably save it for later this year, those black friday deals might be too tempting to resist. Crisis Core remaster looking good as well.

Nice of you to do a giveaway!

1. I tried it out on PS3 demo I think, but it never hooked me.

2. As with above really. I’d like to complete MGS V from my list also before I add another from the series, plus I don’t have easy access to my PS3 and it seems like a tough game overall. The odds are against me!

3. I think I’d try The Last of Us Part 1 as I’ve never (shockingly) actually played it in any of its iterations

yes played plated it and made it my 50 plat milestone i liked it a loooot when i did it

it was challenging but rewarding what i liked the most was the combat system is great and you really need to master it to at least finish it on revengeance difficulty then to do everything on S rank you should know some strategies on every section of the game know hit pattterns and exploit them and really master the perfect parry since you cant restart encounters and a hit could mean you wont get S at the end of the encounter finally like everyone soundtrack is amazing and lastly the game is really good for speedruning like furi but thats another game for another time

if i win i will use it to buy stranger of paradise recently i remembered that the game came out and the combat system seems fun when the classes are leveled up i only played the demo was really good but couldnt experiment with other classes

Question 1: No, I've never played it.

Question 2: Yes, I'd probably play it given the chance - although my backlog stands at a meaty 600+ due to playing to get platinums + 100%.. Shamefully, I haven't even tried MGS3 yet - let alone any of the more modern ones!

Question 3: It would probably depend on what was on any PSN store sales at the time.. Heck, I might even be tempted to look into some PS3 digital-only games or DLC since we don't get sales on them anymore.

Definitely a very generous giveaway!

Q2: No I havn't played the game myself. I have watched multiple speedruns of the game as I really enjoy seeing people find quicker ways to complete certain sections. Because if this I wouldn't really enjoy playing the game myself anymore I think, but if it ever ends up getting a remake in the future maybe I will! And if I do it would be for the full 100% :)

Q3: As the Halloween sale started today, and horror being my favourite genre, I'd use it to pick up something from there.

Thank you for this giveaway, Mr Garland.

Q1: Yes, I played a short section of it from a friend that just bought this game soon after its release, I remember playing once while running from a giant robot in a city (that's all I remember) and I'm not sure how it ended because I had to go away. I was a MGS fan after the PSX game, but after Snake Eater I admit I lost interest in this series.

Q3: I don't know which game, maybe I will buy a horror game since we're close to Halloween, but I prefer to concentrate on my backlog first. The reason I'm joining is because I want to make a Christmas present to a true friend, in gaming and in life too. So maybe 50% of the win to me and 50% for his present, or even more than 50% if there is a specific game he likes. 

Good luck, everyone

15 hours ago, MrGarland said:
Question 1: Have you played the game before? If so, what did you like about it? You can name more than one thing. (Note: If you answered this question, skip the next one.)

1. Haven't played it.

2. I would and will play it. Many Atelier games are in my backlog and the breadth of the series piques my completionist interest. Plats all the way, if possible.

3. No, not really. I did watch a YT video yesterday regarding many Chrono inspired JRPGs coming out toward the end of 2022/beginning of 2023, with one or two looking pretty spectacular. Either those or as many 90% off sale games I can find. :)