On 3/29/2020 at 4:12 AM, Desmuria said:

:platinum: #262 - Uncharted Tides: Port Royal

L261812.png

1Lbfa676.png

Platinum
Unlock every Trophy.

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 1/10

Choo-choo! Back on the Artifex Mundi train with another semi-decent game.

I didn't enjoy the storyline as much as some of the others I've played, but the variety of puzzles and hidden object scenes make up for it.

Not nearly as challenging as some of their other offerings, but still enjoyable.

I really love Artifex Mundi games and I'll play them as long as they keep releasing them.

If you haven't played any yet and are interested, I'd recommend starting with Nightmares from the Deep.

Divider 2 by Canzeda

:platinum: #263 - 7'Scarlet

Lcb5c23.png

1L0a2282.png

Okunezato Master!
Obtained every trophy.

Difficulty: 2/10

Along with Artifex Mundi games, my other guilty pleasure is a good visual novel.

I'd been waiting for 7'Scarlet to go on sale and I finally managed to buy it in the Big in Japan sale.

As far as VNs go, this was pretty decent. It's beautifully drawn and the story was good.

The balance between the darker themes and light-hearted romance was well done.

If you like visual novels and/or an easy platinum, I recommend this one.

Divider 2 by Canzeda

:platinum: #264 - Harvey's New Eyes

Ld8d1c2.png

1La06c26.png

Harvey's New Eyes unlocked!
You unlocked all other trophies.

Enjoyment: 8/10

My all time favourite genre of game is point-and-click and I was so excited when I managed to get this game on sale.

I'd been stalking it in my wishlist for months before I finally bought it and it was a lot of fun!

Sadly, I never played the original game, so I didn't really understand some of the gags.

You play as Lilli who unknowingly brings death and destruction wherever she goes.

Despite being mute and seemingly well-mannered and cute, the people she interacts with end up dying in grotesque ways.

When characters die in the game, these little gnome-esque creatures paint the bodies in bright pink paint. It's hilarious.

Lilli is living in a convent, ruled by the evil Mother Superior who hates children, and Lilli is the primary target of her rage.

Mother Superior gives consent to the menacing Dr Marcel to hypnotise Lilli with Harvey (and his new eyes).

After being hypotised, Lilli is unable to do naughty things - unless she manages to override the hypnosis...

If I say anything further, I'll end up in spoiler territory. It's definitely one of my favourite point-and-click games for the PS4, though.

The game is full of laughs, full of utterly bonkers dialogue and a variety of puzzles and mini games to keep you interested.

Definitely give this game a go if you fancy a change of pace.

Divider 2 by Canzeda

:platinum: #265 - Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace

L89d72d.png

1L388271.png

Attractor Field Convergence
Played through everything in STEINS;GATE: My Darling's Embrace.

I've played the other Steins;Gate releases on the PS4/PS Vita (except Steins;Gate Elite) and I enjoyed those games a lot.

My Darling's Embrace brings back the same characters and softens the mood by turning it into a dating simulator.

The gameplay is still the same, where you have to answer text messages or phone calls and make dialogue options.

It's definitely a light-hearted take on the whole franchise and, for the die-hard fans, it might be a little disappointing.

If you enjoy the games and don't mind something with a slower pace and a bit of fun, definitely pick this up.

Divider 2 by Canzeda

:platinum: #266 - Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation

L411411.png

1Lbcf045.png

Date A Completionist
Obtained all trophies.

Enjoyment: 6/10

Diffculty: 2/10

So this game is actually three visual novels rolled into one.

You get Rio-Reincarnation, Rinne Utopia and Arusu Install included.

Due to "spacequakes", these mysterious Spirits appear and our protagonist has the ability to seal them away.

How? By making them fall in love with him, of course!

It's extremely heavy with fanservice and is rather cringey with some of its dialogue and situations.

Definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea and, unfortunately, it wasn't mine.

Despite that, the games were decent and the multiple endings were interesting to watch.

Not the best VN I've ever played, definitely not the worst.

Divider 2 by Canzeda

:platinum: #267 & :platinum: #268 -  Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet

Laecb17.png

1L9320db.png

Ultimate Sweet
You've seen everything in the game! Thanks for playing!

Always fun to see Ratalaika Games releasing different genres of games.

This one was right up my alley because it's a visual novel.

Nothing nearly as long or indepth as some of the others I've played recently, but it's not too bad.

There are multiple endings to obtain by selecting different dialogue choices.

My only "complaint" would be that it's not very well optimised for the PS Vita. The skip option lags so badly.

If you're looking for a SUPER easy platinum, look no further.

Divider 2 by Canzeda

:platinum: #269 -  The Sims 4

L48c1f5.png

1L718efb.png

Ultimate Sim Guru
Earn all trophies.

Enjoyment: 8/10

I have been a fan of The Sims since its first release back in 2000.

20 years later (I feel so old) and I'm still playing The Sims and still as in love with it as ever.

I have The Sims 4 on my PC, but I was looking forward to seeing how they optimised it for PS4.

I used to play The Sims Bustin' Out on the PS2 for hours and hours on end, so I was excited to play on console again.

Oh boy. The game does not do well on console at all. So disappointed!

The frame rate drops are absolutely dire and it's frustrating as hell trying to switch between Live and Build mode without lag.

Besides that, the game is as lovely as ever and I really enjoyed going for the trophies.

The trophies are all very simple if you use the following GUIDE.

I followed the video guide by @Bushido_Cypher and it was absolutely flawless. Can't thank you enough!

I'll probably stick to playing The Sims 4 on my PC, rather than on console.

Happy to play it and get the platinum, but it's now deleted off my dash and will rot in my library forevermore.

Appreciate the shout out and congrats on it! 
Definitely smart by going with the PC idea lmao!

• Like 3

:platinum:#27

DriveClub Bikes

1Lc23076.png

Difficulty: 4/10

Time taken: 3 years, 1 month, 3 weeks

I figured it was probably about time I finished this one off, just in case. I'd already done the multiplayer trophies some time ago before the server shutdown was even announced, but you never know whether something weird might happen.. I've been putting it off as I'm not particularly great at motorbike racers, but found this one relatively easy - probably because it drives much like DriveClub! The biggest challenges were the clean laps, but majority of these were pretty tame and completable within a handful of runs. There was a final grind levelling up the "base" bikes to Level 15, but this wasn't too bad either.

Edited by iXanon
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

This is a blast to play, fun to show to video game or VR new comers, and there seems to new stuff to check out regularly. 

Just wish they'd allow custom songs, like PC. Would love to go in on that Rap God track, or some Linkin Park. Or, really, just some more EDM. The game's much more exciting than Just Dance, but the tracks are limited..though I do need to try out the Imagine Dragons songs. 

• Like 1