Orlay_

Longest Platinum

293 posts in this topic

I'm tied between 2 years, 4 weeks for Dust: An Elysian Tail and 2 years, 1 month for Sound Shapes (vita). (Is 4 weeks < 1 month?)

For Dust, it was one of my first PS4 games and I watched my brother play it previously. I started it, got a trophy or so, but didn't continue. Eventually, I picked it up again and discovered how much I loved Fidget. 

For Sound Shapes, my vita memory card stopped reading things and I was worried it was a system issue and not a memory card one, so I was hesitant to purchase a new one. I moved to college for two years where I couldn't connect my vita to the internet, and it wasn't until I moved off-campus that I decided to purchase the new memory card.

Digimon All Star Rumble. (1 year, 4 months). And I don't think anyone blames me.

Although, more exactly, it's 1 year, 123 days, 17 hours, 31 minutes, 7 seconds.

Edited by pyrotempestwing

Mine is Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1 year, five months). Took me that long because it was the first trophy list I had to boost the online for and it took me quite a long time before I found out you could easily set boosting sessions here on the site (the main reason I became a regular here). Then it took me a long time to actually get the damn trophies, even with boosting, because both them and the servers were a major pain in the ass.

Edited by jrdemr

Final Fantasy 13 - 2 years, 6 months, 4 weeks. Started it when I wasn't in the mood to play it and dropped it after doing a few chapters. I also couldn't wrap my head around the battle system. So I moved onto something else. I only came back because I wanted to clean up my percentage and finish my PS3 games.

Longest 100% - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 7 years, 1 week

Got the platinum pretty soon after I got the game, but didn’t buy the DLC until earlier this year when it went on sale (way too expensive otherwise)

Longest :platinum: - Batman: Arkham Asylum - 6 years, 4 months

Those combat challenges got the best of me when I first played this game, but came back to them earlier this year and completed them 😋 One of my prouder platinum’s!

Infamous second son 3 years 1 month, just cause many cool games came out around that period and forgot about it!!

GTAIV: 9 years and 5 months. Can't believe I went back to that game after all that time.

With timestamps, it would be Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - 1 year and 9 months. Started playing but after the story and playing the custom hero story I got bored and then my brother got another game. When to play that game then got another game and then I forgot about DBZ. Time passed and I started looking at the games I never got the platinum and I restarted it. Got lucky with the online portion, met some players where we simply played against each other (no cursing in messages just a nice game or you got me comments). Even met a french player who helped me get the online trophies I was missing (mainly the collect 30 titles or more).

With missing timestamps currently, it would be Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3 years and 6 months. Bought the PS3 after the school year finished in 2011 (it was in June if I remember correctly). It was shortly after the PSN attack so I didn't bother creating an account and where I was going for summer had no free internet available. A cousin of mine had the PS3 and he lent me a few of his games which were Uncharted, Sly Trilogy, Infamous among others. At the time got almost all the trophies minus the complete the game on Crushing difficulty that I considered too hard and I gave up. Years later saw Uncharted 1 and 2 on sale for 10€ if I remember right. While I was only interested in the second one I remembered not getting the platinum so I also bought the first one. Replayed it and finished the game on crushing getting the platinum.

Currently, the game that would break my longest record it would be Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves since I'm still missing trophies and the only ones I have are trophies with missing timestamps since I obtained them before creating my account. And for anyone wondering, I stopped playing the game mainly due to fatigue. Played the 3 games in a row and by the time I started playing the third game I was already feeling sick of playing Sly Cooper games.

Achieved today actually

Smart As

4 years and 1 month 

While this account is fairly new, I don't have any serious timestamps or achievements to speak about.

But it took me 880 in-game hours to plat Gran Turismo 5 on my previous account...

COD: MW2. 5 years and 1 month. It's almost the same amount of time for Walking Dead: Survival Instinct but I should hopefully get it finished before the week is up. 

Basically any game I complete right now seems to end up on this list

So top 10 for the time being:
1. Ni No Kuni PS3 5 years 2 months 2 weeks

2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune PS4 1 year 8 months TODAY!

3. Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed PS3 1 year 4 months

4. Grim Fandango Remastered PS4 1 year 1 month

5. Game of Thrones PS4 9 months 3 days

6. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments PS4 8 months 4 weeks

7. Life is Strange PS4 8 months 1 week

8. The Walking Dead PS4 7 months 3 weeks

9. Tales from the Borderlands PS4 6 months 4 days

0. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory PS3 3 months 3 weeks

Mostly RPGs and episodic games. No surprises really

For me, it was AquaPazza: Aquaplus Dream Match, which took me 4 years and 4 months to complete, legit 😅

I wanted to necro this thread cause I went back and finished Uncharted Golden Abyss on vita and it is now by far my longest completion time sitting at 7 years and 1 month

Tekken 6 - Platinum in 3 years, 10 months

It's literally Devil Jin Train Stage fault, I couldn't beat that thing no matter how much I tried, eventually one day I decide to give it another try and beat it, the rest that was left was a walk in the park in compariation

Posted (edited)

KZ2 took over a year. 

Edited by Fr_0zt

I pre-ordered Danganronpa ultra despair girls on Vita played it once whent back got the plat last year because of the games "quality gameplay".

Star Ocean The Last Hope, 4 years 6 months, mainly because up to 3/4 years ago I couldn't be arsed to complete everything, let alone this chore of a plat, but White Knight Chronicles took me longer, done solo, than Star Ocean, 648 hours vs. 579 effective.

Longest Platinum: Guacamelee 5 years 10 months.

Truly loved this game but recalled getting frustrated with the last boss on hard mode. Once I bought guacamelee 2, I felt it was time to go back to the original masterpiece and finish the game. The boss fight actually wasn’t that bad this time around lol 😆 

Bayonetta: 5 years 4 months 2 weeks.

Bayonetta was the first game I played on my PS3 with trophies. I was too scared to finish it until recently because it sounded like a hard game to platinum. It only took about a day of playtime to actually complete the game for me.

Grand Theft Auto V: 1 year 5 months (PS3), 7 months 3 days (PS4)

GTA V probably had the most playtime put into it to get the platinum. I wasn't really focused on getting the platinum on both my attempts. I had to level my online character again because character transfer was no longer available when I bought my PS4 copy. Online trophies were difficult both times because nobody plays the game modes required for a few of the trophies; I didn't boost because I didn't know that was a thing and I usually got lucky when I needed wins. Single player was mostly just collectables and getting a gold medal on every mission.

recently got back to Knack, took me 3 years and 6 months total

Portal 2 took me 3 years, 10 months - never got around to doing coop mode until way after finishing single player. Sure would be nice to get another Valve game one day 🙃

Steins;Gate took my three years and ten months, if you can believe it.