How much do you care about completion?

ayse_99

How much do you care about completion?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. What is a "good" completion rate in your opinion?

• 0%-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • %40-%60
    • %60-%80
    • %80-%100
    • I don't care at all about my completion.

I aim to have A's and around 60% overall, although there's now a declination, hoping to get back at the end of the year. I review games, so I sort of have to start new stuff every now and then.

Aside from this, I don't really care. I'm not skipping games because they'll stay incomplete, that would be insane, so might as well not care too much. Sometimes it's really counterproductive for going high completion, for me it ruins a lot of narrative-driven games, like Shadow of the Coloussus or The Last of Us.

• Like 1

My completion is only at 81% dont care dat much if i like a game dat i play then it get plat like a boss. If i feel bothered by a game i can leave it behind. When i started gaming again on ps 3 my goal was always get 50% of a game in trophies done if i like em.

I only got interested in trophy hunting a few months back. Ever since, I look up the trophy lists of games I'm about to start to know if I can manage to plat that game or not.
I always try to get as much completion in a game as possible but only if I have the time (mostly I don't) or like the game enough. I have to many games on my list from my old PS3 times where I started games only to find them not being my kind of game. I will possibly not return to those games and will therefore never get a high overall completion rate. (Also some of those games have annoying multiplayer trophies which make it impossible for me to get them to 100% or plat). I tried to get as many platinums as I can lately but I still have lots of games open and waiting. Mostly because I start new games before I complete some. But those games that I like, I always try to complete as much as I can. I hope, I'll get to 50% completion rate someday...

• Like 1

I let my completion drop to 57% before I realized there was a way to track it. Then I realized my profile needed repair to get to where I felt it should be. Just eclipsed 90% this year and would like to go higher. However, some games with closed servers make 100% impossible  . . .

I dunno, after hunting for so long you kinda just don't care after a while.  I try to get 100% in the games I play, but if not it's no biggie.  When I jump on I don't want to feel like I'm at work so that is probably a big reason why I'm so casual.

I think the 40~60% range is pretty good though.  It shows that you've probably played through the story of most of your games.

• Like 1

I honestly don't care about completion. I care about trying out and playing all kinds of games. If I cared about completion I wouldn't be playing all these other games and having a huge variety of games and experiences. 

But when I do find those games I really like I'll complete them if possible and if I don't get tired of the game.

• Like 1

I do care a lot about completion, but from the stats menu (not the one shown on the top bar).

I dont pay for DLC unless they're actually in the disc (like Goty) or some content I reallt might enjoy (mostly never). So I just pay for the game and try to get most trophies possible. Although I do start any game with DLC, even if not aiming for 100%, but those game that dont have a platinum and you still need to spend more money for it becomes 100%, I simply ignore them, it doesnt make any sense... I say this because if you see some games, they have a lot of DLC crap trophies and, gathering them all, you have point equal to a platinum full trophy list.

Poll lacks an option of "Depends on the game".
When I start to play a new game - and it interests me - I'm usually trying to go for 100% and I feel bad when I'm unable to get it or it's extremely difficult or time consuming while I don't care for the completion of the games I didn't like.

There's also a middle ground of games that I did finish (like complete the story or campaign) but the game didn't interest me enough to try to get 100%.

I try to get 100% completion as much as possible - but only for the games I truly like. I end up liking most of the games I buy, but if by some chance I don't, I just give it away and hide the trophy list from my profile. I would actually delete it entirely if I had the chance, but seeing as I don't, hiding is the best I can do for now.

But yeah, other than that, 100% as much as possible.

I would only consider something lower if a game I like has trophies that are way too hard and/or grindy. It hasn't happened so far, but I would be open to just having a lower completion if the alternative would be to sell my soul to that specific game.

Online trophies are another exception. If the trophies take way too long to get and/or are way too hard (e.g. boosting is impossible, etc.), then I just ignore them. I never really liked playing online, anyway, so I just get the trophies for the part of the game I truly enjoy. I don't have that many PS4 games yet, but once I do, I will start having a lot of incomplete trophy lists, since I don't have Plus and have no intentions of getting it any time soon (I don't like digital games, I don't play online, and I can just make an offline backup of my data).

• Like 1

Since this year im aiming to raise my overall completion rate. Before i started it was in the low 40% i think and now im around 58%. 

Im willing to go back to older games which i abandoned for a long time, but i only do that with games that i know ill enjoy and games i still have or i can lend from friends. Im not going to spend money to rebuy a title if i sold it or something to get a higher completion % on a game. 

When i know some trophies for a game is glitched which makes it impossible to complete i wont start it on my account. But other than that i wont back down for challenges. 

• Like 1

I just can't get over 88% minute I do I drop back down to 87.80%?? but yep I do I also care for trophies per day to, I was at 10.86 but dropped down to 9.24 dupe to playing hard grindy and very long games.

Just now, afc-razor-84 said:

I just can't get over 88% minute I do I drop back down to 87.80%1f601.png1f61f.png but yep I do I also care for trophies per day to, I was at 10.86 but dropped down to 9.24 dupe to playing hard grindy and very long games.

Due*

...looks like I voted a bit too early before I realized this was about PSN profile completion x3 But for that... I don't really care. Of course it's better the higher it is, but I won't avoid playing a game just because I probably won't get the plat or all trophies (case in point: I started Crypt of the Necrodancer knowing full well I wouldn't even think about going for most of the challenges) and I won't get DLC I'm not interested in just to get higher completion (or extra trophies) or force myself to finish a game I hated, I care more about how many trophies I have and what they are

Edited by Zanreo

I care a lot. Completing games gives me a lot of drive to actually play them. Like, I just finished the Uncharted 4 Survival mode today and I don't think I would've even touched it without the trophies. It was extremely satisfying finally pulling it off.

Plus there's something so nice and clean about a 100% profile that I like.

• Like 1

Instead of having a lot of games and a high PSN level, I focus more on completion. I won't install games that has server issues or glitches, but I have opened up more to harder games such as Ninja Gaiden and original Dead or Alive 5. I know if someone else has the platinum, with patience I can get it as well. 

I care somewhat because I tend to buy a game try them out first on a second profile (treated as the guest) for a couple of hours and make a final judgment base on performance, stability and gameplay, as for completion rate I'd like to aim for at least a 50% on PSNPROFILES

Edited by Shaowsintzu
Didn't feel my post was clear.

I've always cared about completion since the PS1 era, when trophies didn't exist. I always used to get 100% (or above) on all those platform games, find all the secrets on adventure games like Tomb Raider, max level and stats and complete every secondary content in JRPG games, and so on.

Now, I don't care about perfect 100% on my PSN profile - it would be very stressful for me to get trophies for games I don't like, also because I don't have that much free time anymore - but I somehow care about high completion. 90% and above would be a sweet spot for me, and I'm aiming for that.

I don't care so much about my overall completion because of the Instant Game Collection. I really don't see the need to start up a game in another account just to see if I can get all or most of the trophies that the game offers, so my completion suffers because of it. Also, I'm not very prone to buy DLC, just when I really like the game or it's so cheap that whatever. But before I signed PS+, I started to care when I reflected in how much my monthly budget was going to gaming, so I started trophy hunting so a game stayed longer in my hand.

I dont really care much about overall completion, but i do like having 100% on a game. 

Like if there's dlc Trophies and i go for Plat, i'll make sure to get the dlc ones too. Also i enjoy 100%ing games without plat.

On the other hand when i play a game i dont enjoy or dont wanna complete, i'll just leave it at that, since i dont have a perfect 95 or 100% OA completion it doesnt matter and i dont force myself through it.

Edited by thekiffer21

@slaaack1 That signature. :lol: Thought there was a bug on my screen. :/ 

I'd like to hit 90% someday, but I'm not too bothered if I don't. Games with DLC that I don't want to buy definitely hurt my chances. I know I'll never hit 100%. Gran Turismo 5 saw to that.. Not that I'd ever probably complete a number of games already on my profile. 

60-80% seems respectable to me. I personally tend to go for A grade in all games I play, if not the actual platinum or 100%. My completion rate's been creeping slowly up in recent months, but there's so many games I've played that I no longer own (and wouldn't want to revisit anyway) that it's probably going to stay in the low/mid-fifties. As for DLC, closed servers and even glitched trophies, it's never put me off trying out a game. If I want to play it, I'll play it.