Let's Play Persona 5

42 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Yeah, you're right. I just saw all the trailers and gameplay footage and got ruined for the experience. To be honest, I was basing my phantom experience with P5 with the stuff I dealt with in P4G. I apologize. P5 looked like a great game but I was scared off by the 250 lines trophy. I might try to go into it in a year or two when all the hype is chilled down and people are drooling over another big title. :)

Besides, I love Morgana's character and the fact she turns into a regular cat when you're with her in the daytime.

I find it odd that you're linking how hyped people are to trying out a game. Also people told you numerous times the 250 lines is so much easier compared to P4G. Sounds to me like you're making up excuses.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I find it odd that you're linking how hyped people are to trying out a game. Also people told you numerous times the 250 lines is so much easier compared to P4G. Sounds to me like you're making up excuses.

Yeah, I am. I won't post in this thread anymore, sorry. If I ever start playing this game, I just don't want people to jump on my back about being a hypocrite. :(

13 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

(1) The name is a female name(after the Arthurian character Morgana Le Fay) so I jumped to conclusions.

(2) If I heard the voice, it sounded like a girl's voice to me.

(3) I really should have played this game. :(

Apologies for the gender misconception.

(1) Who? 

(2) Why? 

(3) Yes 

Apology not accepted :awesome:

15 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I took a look at your profile and you haven't played any of the games. You also have PS+, so there's a good chance you have the game.

Smh.

Oooh, nice. I wonder what it could be... :hmm: There are so many PS+ games I haven't gotten around to yet.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

@Satoshi Ookami @Undead Wolf I forgot to ask, but which name do you want on the trophy: PSN ID or current forum name?

I'll go with my forum name because it'll look cleaner. Thanks in advance. :)

42 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

38 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

(2) Why? 

Apology not accepted :awesome:

In CJs defense it is a female voice actress and I also heard the female voice and thought morgana was a she, and Morgana does sound like a girls name. 

Cassandra Morris - Morgana English VA

Cassandra-Lee-Morris-on-EG.jpg

And yes the Japanese voice actor is female as well

Ikue Otani - Morgana Japanese VA

MV5BZjJiNjBmZGMtNGUwNy00NmRhLWI4YjUtYmZh

As far as the Futaba Line Trophy, I also was not looking forward to it at all after P4G line trophy.

But it was easy. Just play the game on normal, and literally just play the game normally. I think I spent 30 minutes getting some extra lines at the end of the game. I was very thankful that it was wayyy easier. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I hope this is a joke and that you're not actually skipping a great game just for a trophy you might not be able to get. Gaming is not all about trophies, you know. Besides, the 250 lines trophy should be no problem to get on a normal playthrough so there's no reason to worry about that one in Persona 5.

For him, it's only about the trophies. He's had 9 alternative accounts due to him not being able to finish games. If he wasn't able to finish P5, he'd have to start over.

Why not use an old account? Probably opens up old wounds of not being able to finish games. IDK. It's a shame he'd skip this game because of trophies and I agree that it's stupid to judge a game purely by hype and trophies and being too scared that it'll be either too hard or not live up to the hype.

I wasn't able to finish the game in time @Dragon-Archon, but I'll get back to it once life calms down. I thought maybe I'd finish it while I was on vacation, but decided to use my time to study for the CPA exam instead. Time well spent IMO, even if it did cost me a cool emblem.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

In CJs defense it is a female voice actress and I also heard the female voice and thought morgana was a she, and Morgana does sound like a girls name. 

Cassandra Morris - Morgana English VA

Cassandra-Lee-Morris-on-EG.jpg

And yes the Japanese voice actor is female as well

Ikue Otani - Morgana Japanese VA

MV5BZjJiNjBmZGMtNGUwNy00NmRhLWI4YjUtYmZh

As far as the Futaba Line Trophy, I also was not looking forward to it at all after P4G line trophy.

But it was easy. Just play the game on normal, and literally just play the game normally. I think I spent 30 minutes getting some extra lines at the end of the game. I was very thankful that it was wayyy easier. 

I wasn't being serious. I was more alluding to the point that everyone else above me has made that CJ misses out on great games because he only cares about the trophies, which is why he wouldn't know Morgana is a boy. 

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

(1) Who? 

(2) Why? 

(3) Yes

(1) You don't know about King Arthur and Camelot? Morgana Le Fay was a fairy or witch who was a rival of Merlin, she was the one who trapped Merlin so that he couldn't help King Arthur when her son turned against the throne and ended up fatally wounding the King. I happen to know a lot about legends about King Arthur as I had read a lot of books about Arthurian legend as a pre-teen.

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I wasn't being serious. I was more alluding to the point that everyone else above me has made that CJ misses out on great games because he only cares about the trophies, which is why he wouldn't know Morgana is a boy. 

Yes, I guess I only do care about the trophies. I am not going to reply to anything you reply in this thread. :(

Edited by CJ_Mystery

Sadly, I did want to join the event after I finished the 1st playthrough two days ago; however, I doubted I could make it in time to plat the game before the deadline due to busy work schedule, therefore I didn't participate in this event. I bought P5 Premium Edition since day one; however, I didn't have a chance to play it until I finished other "projects" recently. Anyway, I just platted Persona 5 (April 5th, 2018 10:03:58 PM).

@Dragon-Archon I want Hifumi emblem  (T_T).

Spoiler

0IXyxh0.jpg

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Seems hard to get into a game without starting it up even once.

SAVAGE

8 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

If I heard the voice, it sounded like a girl's voice to me.

Because it's voice of Pikachu.

8 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I really should have played this game.

Of course.

7 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

English VA

Výsledek obrázku pro reeeeee

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

here you go:

39 ;)

Now it's 7 for Futaba-tan, muhehehe :awesome: 

• Like 1

For those who are interested: the next event will be for Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z. And no, you do not need to plat both for an emblem, though there will be a reward for platting both. Mugen Souls Z came to PS+ a few months ago and that one isn't grindy like Mugen Souls. Unsure when the thread will be up as I'm still working on the banner and emblems.

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I wasn't able to finish the game in time @Dragon-Archon, but I'll get back to it once life calms down. I thought maybe I'd finish it while I was on vacation, but decided to use my time to study for the CPA exam instead. Time well spent IMO, even if it did cost me a cool emblem.

Nice, I hope the exam went well. Have fun with the game :D .

3 hours ago, Dessane said:

Thanks for running this Dragon! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us next

You're welcome :D .

3 hours ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

Sadly, I did want to join the event after I finished the 1st playthrough two days ago; however, I doubted I could make it in time to plat the game before the deadline due to busy work schedule, therefore I didn't participate in this event. I bought P5 Premium Edition since day one; however, I didn't have a chance to play it until I finished other "projects" recently. Anyway, I just platted Persona 5 (April 5th, 2018 10:03:58 PM).

@Dragon-Archon I want Hifumi emblem  (T_T).

Reveal hidden contents

0IXyxh0.jpg

It's a shame you got the plat just a day after the deadline.

If Hifumi wasn't cut from the game as a Phantom Thief, she would've had an emblem.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Now it's 7 for Futaba-tan, muhehehe :awesome: 

Nah, still 5 since you and Undead already platted the game prior to the start of this event.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

For those who are interested: the next event will be for Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z. And no, you do not need to plat both for an emblem, though there will be a reward for platting both. Mugen Souls Z came to PS+ a few months ago and that one isn't grindy like Mugen Souls. Unsure when the thread will be up as I'm still working on the banner and emblems.

I'm gonna need to find a PS3

ETA: Just looked up the plat times for Mugen Souls, Good lord

Edited by Dessane

52 minutes ago, Dessane said:

I'm gonna need to find a PS3

ETA: Just looked up the plat times for Mugen Souls, Good lord

Lol :lol: , yeah those times for Mugen Souls are in the same category as Star Ocean The Last Hope. Mugen Souls Z takes a lot less time though.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

For those who are interested: the next event will be for Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z

?:shakefist: You know how to kick a guy when he's down.

I played Mugen Souls Z and it was AWESOME! I loved the characters and would love to play the first game too! The prob is, they are PS3 exclusive and I can't play them since they aren't on PS Now. Well, I hope you enjoy having fun with Lady Chou-Chou, all you :stalker:. :rolleyes:

(And yes, I would have failed anyways since those games require a s**t-ton of grinding. *sigh*)

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah, yes, thankfully I did redeem Mugen Souls Z back when it was on PS+. I'll have to give it a download. Will I be able to understand what's going on in the story even if I haven't played the original? I looked up a bit of gameplay and it reminds me of a Hyperdimension Neptunia game. Is that a fair comparison? It's a shame that there doesn't appear to be a proper trophy guide for the game anywhere.

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nah, still 5 since you and Undead already platted the game prior to the start of this event.

Manipulating the stats in your favour I see. :P Oh well, she still won, and don't anybody forget it. :awesome:

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ah, yes, thankfully I did redeem Mugen Souls Z back when it was on PS+. I'll have to give it a download. Will I be able to understand what's going on in the story even if I haven't played the original? I looked up a bit of gameplay and it reminds me of a Hyperdimension Neptunia game. Is that a fair comparison? It's a shame that there doesn't appear to be a proper trophy guide for the game anywhere.

Manipulating the stats in your favour I see. :P Oh well, she still won, and don't anybody forget it. :awesome:

I don't know, haven't played the game, but intend to start with MSZ. Mugen Souls is a game from Compile Heart and I hear the first game has a battle system like HDN mk2. You could always write a guide for it after playing the game :awesome: .

Nope, the stats only depict participants. I would've done the same had you picked Makoto.

2 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I don't know, haven't played the game, but intend to start with MSZ. Mugen Souls is a game from Compile Heart and I hear the first game has a battle system like HDN mk2. You could always write a guide for it after playing the game :awesome: .

Oh, okay, I figured that you only did events for games you've played yourself. I guess it'll be a learning experience for us both then. :P For whatever reason, I always thought these games had more in common with Disgaea than HDN. I don't know where I got that idea from... I have more experience with the latter, so hopefully I can catch on quick. The story isn't very important in HDN games, so I assume it'll be the same here. As for writing the guide myself... I think I'll pass. :P

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh, okay, I figured that you only did events for games you've played yourself. I guess it'll be a learning experience for us both then. :P For whatever reason, I always thought these games had more in common with Disgaea than HDN. I don't know where I got that idea from... I have more experience with the latter, so hopefully I can catch on quick. The story isn't very important in HDN games, so I assume it'll be the same here. As for writing the guide myself... I think I'll pass. :P

Usually I do, but quite a few people wanted a LP MS after Star Ocean and when MSZ came to PS+, I thought it would be a good time.

And here I thought you couldn't resist the allure of writing another guide, smh. :P 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

@vin_rob Here's your reward for completing this event:

BJCOBa9.png

@Terra @ShakeNBake663 @Myu @dertswa687o @Muur1993 @sephiroth4424 @Dessane @Amphiprion11513 @ObsidianCat @Vadrael @linkdevivo @Taliesin_2943 @Kaleniya @Lucas @SnizelPS @Dr_Mayus @Spider5786 @jefbaso @100_Brave_Wolves @FukoArisato @starcrunch061 @Dav9834 @Arctic Cress @TrunksUSSJ @vin_rob @Satoshi Ookami @Undead Wolf As a reminder: be sure to save the image of the custom trophy on your computer in case something ever happens to imgur. That way you'll have a backup.

thnx! I'm gonna update my profile right away :)

Thanks so much for the event! I didn't say much in here, but I was lurking the entire time and I really enjoyed reading how everyone was enjoying the game :)

Also I was wondering if I can still sign up for the Star Ocean events? I'm planning on making SO4 my 50th, so I won't be doing it quite yet, but I'd like to know for the future~

Edited by ShakeNBake663