MW2 Remaster will have NO MULTIPLAYER

Citing the Daily Star as a source and then claiming it isn’t a rumour isn’t a valid argument. I’ve only ever played one COD campaign which was Ghosts, the rest of the time was spent on multiplayer which personally is the highlight of the game, I’d go as far as saying the only reason I bought COD was due to the MP. 

Your other reason of being being able to enjoy the plat without MP doesn’t stack up as COD as far as I can remember doesn’t have trophies for their multiplayer aspect so even if there was MP included you can still achieve the play without touching it.

if they didn’t include MP the game would sell a quarter of the amount of copies it would if it included it 

Honestly fine with it. 

Back before MW1R was released I was on the hype train for the trilogy being re-released in shiny new graphics but with zero multiplayer. I'd be fine with this.

I didn't actually pay for MW1R anyway, got 2 or 3 copies for free in the end with my copy of Infinite Warfare, gave away at least one on here too. 

If it's a bonus with preorders of Blops 4, I'd be down. Like, unless Blops 4 is on Switch I said I'd be skipping it, but if it's a 2 in 1 deal then fuck it, I'm down.

32 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

Citing the Daily Star as a source and then claiming it isn’t a rumour isn’t a valid argument. I’ve only ever played one COD campaign which was Ghosts, the rest of the time was spent on multiplayer which personally is the highlight of the game, I’d go as far as saying the only reason I bought COD was due to the MP. 

Your other reason of being being able to enjoy the plat without MP doesn’t stack up as COD as far as I can remember doesn’t have trophies for their multiplayer aspect so even if there was MP included you can still achieve the play without touching it.

if they didn’t include MP the game would sell a quarter of the amount of copies it would if it included it 

you can look at Black Ops for example and see that there are MP exclusive trophies. Is that a BO exclusive thing? idk, I don't play CoD, I don't like Cod so I wouldn't know

3 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Lol even though this is a rumor, would Activision really be that dumb? The highlight of MW2 by miles is the actual multiplayer. 

It's Activision though, so even if it did get multiplayer they would trash it a month later with loot boxes and pink guns like they did with the MW1 remaster...

Maybe that's why they are skipping. Many people (including me) stopped playing the game as soon as they introduced all the loot box system which made all feel crappy.

I guess they will eventually release something related to MW2 multiplayer as a standalone title, maybe. But I'm happy to have the superb MW2 campaign with visual improvements, they did an excellent job with COD4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lepa105 said:

Hmm... If this is actually true does it mean we won't get even the special ops missions?

That's what I'm wondering too. Does it mean removing the multiplayer mode in itself or is the entire game offline? 

This would be a weird move tbh. A singleplayer only Call of Duty game. That sounds so weird to say, and contrary to the entire business plan of Activision.

I know I’m reading too much into this, but it could be a case where there is early access again like with Modern Warfare Remastered. That only gave you access to the single player for like a month or more before the full release. But I suppose I’m giving Activision the benefit of the doubt....

Edited by Zondares

They'll make MW2 Remastered? I got the flu for the last one week and half and I don't know any kind of new announcements lol

Anyway, yes, doesn't matter, I'm a lonely guy even in real life so "Multiplayer go to hell in every kind of game" (especially when you have to boost or do online trophies/ waiting players in lobby to get the platinum)

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm

If it were true you'd think they'd end up releasing a MP patch later on down the line. I highly doubt many people picked up MW2 for it's story.

Honestly, when it came to this game it's MP is where it shone. It was brilliant and without it I'm sure sales wouldn't help Activisions "ambitions".

Thing is, the game hasn't even been announced yet so I guess we'll wait and see before anything but I just don't see it making a massive profit without it's key selling point.

The Modern Warfare had pretty good and enjoyable campaings IMO but you can finish those in a weekend ? so without multiplayer you will have many hours less of gaming but an easier :platinum: (if it DOES have a :platinum: of course) so I will like to know the price of the final game cuz i don't think it's worth full price.

On the other hand I think Modern Warfare 2 servers still up so it might be a waste of money for the developers to  invest money on servers for a remastered game while the servers for the original are still online, it's the same case as Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection

7 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

The Modern Warfare had pretty good and enjoyable campaings IMO but you can finish those in a weekend ? so without multiplayer you will have many hours less of gaming but an easier :platinum: (if it DOES have a :platinum: of course) so I will like to know the price of the final game cuz i don't think it's worth full price.

On the other hand I think Modern Warfare 2 servers still up so it might be a waste of money for the developers to  invest money on servers for a remastered game while the servers for the original are still online, it's the same case as Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection

As far I know the original MW1 is still online too and the Remaster has MP too, so who knows?

14 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Lol even though this is a rumor, would Activision really be that dumb? The highlight of MW2 by miles is the actual multiplayer. 

It's Activision though, so even if it did get multiplayer they would trash it a month later with loot boxes and pink guns like they did with the MW1 remaster...

It makes perfect sense! The pricing was listed as $24.99 or something can't remember so yea.. there's a reason the pricing is small

For those other COD players, are you still enjoying ww2? In my case I'm almost master prestige and it's been a bumpy ride. The game is still broken to pieces and I am spending more time on MWR or the original Black Ops. Having MW2R coming out mid season would be ideal for many players and with players dropping off the ww2 leaderboard it's not like activision is going to lose out on this. As a company they split people apart the moment the first map pack is out so it's not like they aren't used to dividing the community. No they are always into the money and MWR2 would be a huge money maker and they know it. I might be a fan of Japanese gaming and spent days in stores buying games in Japan though I'm also heavily into online western gaming and particularly COD. I think I have a fair idea of what the community wants and that is indeed MP, I still think campaign only is bogus news.

I've been watching and playing this game since COD3 and seen all of the hype, the bs and the general rip off schemes that Acti has made. It's still a huge game and unlike the Cod 4, waw, mw2 and blops era, Nowadays half of the lobbies I'm in are Japanese or Chinese players. It shows that this game is allot more global then it was and the Japanese market flocked to MWR since they missed the original for the most part. MWR2 would be a huge boost in sales for the series, WW2 kind of worked initially.

I honestly couldn't care less if this franchise burned to the ground.

Call of Duty is one of the most popular gaming franchises of all time and people will remember the series for years to come. But it has one of the most toxic fanbases out there.

Modern Warfare 2 back in 2009 more or less sparked the hype train and the countless promotions and advertisements that were attached to every annual Call of Duty game that got released. I would much prefer if Activision gave the series a years break to develop their games a bit more so they don't seem like the same old rehash over and over. Ubisoft did that with Assassins Creed and look how well Origins was rated by the critics.

If Ubisoft was able to give one of their flagship franchises a bit of a break then Activision can do the same. But they're probably too greedy to just let that happen with Call of Duty. Plus they have three different developer companies making the Call of Duty games, which is why every few years we get a new Black Ops game. And whatever else the other two developers decide to design and make.

Modern Warfare 2 without multiplayer is great for trophy hunters. Less hassle and less bullshit to deal with. But it pisses off a huge chunk of Call of Duty's fanbase who play the games exclusively for the multiplayer.

Fuck them. They already got a new Call of Duty game coming out later this year, they don't need to be handed more.

I'm a bit skeptical about this. One one hand, it is great that there is a chance you won't join an online lobby and encounter someone who may have hacked the game to the point where all of the killstreaks get unlocked easy, or even worse: unlock all online trophies within mere minutes.

On the other hand, I highly doubt that they won't go down this route of not including online, as that was the driving factor for the series. I would much enjoy getting this game if there was no online. This was a good shooter game out of the MW series that I liked, and to me everything went downhill after Black Ops 1. Don't know why people think that adding zombies to a game is a good thing.