What's the last PS game you played simply to enjoy it, not plat it?

stellanovas

Hi friends! Sorry if there's a similar topic around - I had a look but couldn't find one.

Anyway, I started playing Marvel's Spider-Man this weekend and found myself playing just to play - not to plat. I'll probably go back and do all the collectibles eventually but I'm having such a good time with the main storyline and not worrying about trophy hunting, so that got me thinking about opening up a discussion.

What's the last PS game you played simply to play?

I love a good story-driven game so if you've got some good ones in mind please let me know!

Some other thoughts/discussion points: Do you play, then trophy hunt? Or do you go into a game with the intention of hunting? I've found myself sometimes letting my enjoyment take the backseat for trophy hunting and that's no fun - I think it's why I've been gravitating towards my Switch these past few months. Has an overdose of hunting affected your love for PS?

Let's chat!

• Like 3

Most games I play are just for fun since I dont go for the platinum on most games lol. The last game i played though was Dragon Age Inquisition. Another game I play to unwind and turn my brain off for is NHL 19

Edited by silver_pigy
  • Like 1

For me it really depends. There's a few types of games I'll buy to relax, like Glass Masquerade. I regret going through that one so fast but I was enjoying it so much I couldn't put it down. I'm a huge fan of JRPGs, but you can't really tell that by looking at my trophy list. 

When I start a game, if it's story-driven I like to play blind unless there are missables. Then I usually decide to just follow a guide. It does take the fun away but sometimes it makes it feel like I made more progress towards my goal. I'm trying to get back into just enjoying games and look forward to starting the games I've been buying.

Every game honestly but there's a few I have to force myself to play for the trophies such as Horizon: Zero Dawn. But for the sake of the topic I'll say Final Fantasy IX, the game is amazing and it has in game cheats unfortunately but I haven't touched them and don't plan on doing so until the speedrun. Im enjoying it so much it might even be my new favourite game of all time. ^_^

• Like 2

DMC3 this weekend, I got most of the trophies years ago, then a while later my hard drive crashed and I lost everything including game saves (not on ps plus so no cloud saves), I’ve always loved the whole series (including DmC) and with all this talk of DMC5 I decided to bust out the classic, having to get all the blue life shards again like the old days - the game is still absolutely brilliant (despite the poor FMV conversions on the otherwise decent HD remaster)

• Like 1

After forcing myself through Shift 2 I swore I'd never again play a game if I'm not having fun with it. That's why red dead, Spider-Man and GOW will forever be stuck at like 1% I wasn't having fun so moved on. So all games I play are for fun now not trophies.

Edited by RedDevil757

I've said this several different times and worded it many different ways, but I like to play a game first, then if I like it well enough (or the platinum is dangling in my face after the initial playthrough) I go for the platinum. Due to sharing a PS4 and hard drive space, I normally don't play games after I plat them or keep them very long on the PS4. The hard drive is almost constantly full, and I have to delete games to make room for whatever game I'm feeling of starting next or to make room for my brother. First world problems at its finest. am I right? :P 

To answer the initial question, the last game I played after already getting the platinum was Rigs: MCL. I used to help people out with the online trophies by playing against them (the multiplayer isn't very active). Then I ran out of room on my PS4 and had to delete it for Naruto Ninja Storm Trilogy and The Witness.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

The Godfather. Simply cause that was the last game i played on PS2 before making the switch to ps3, and as there were no trophies yet...

Ever since then i have been victim to the addiction, those were my last beautiful sober days... oh the good times -_-

Farming Simulator 17 (my daughter insisted that I buy it for her to watch me play and it's been rather relaxing) and The Talos Principle (I love puzzle games). 

I intend to platinum both eventually anyway because they're not difficult games or anything, but I am playing them for fun. 

plants vs zombies. it felt like taking down your arch-nemesis. that list has eluded me for years. all because i couldn't find the right setup for the garden which i later found to use draco's v2 setup and using consumables and spikes at the right time.

Edited by kingdrake2

I don't really play games just for the trophies (mostly), but for the sake of the topic I'd say Hollow Knight easily.

I played that game blind for the most part and it was an absolute blast. Got the plat for it recently too, but I just started a second playthrough just to experience it again.

AC Odyssey.  I find myself taking the enjoyment out of games because I am trying too hard to plat it and that is killing my enjoyment.  I am getting burnt out on it and needed a break.  Odyssey has been one of those games where I find myself just playing for the enjoyment of it.  I am 79 hours in and still have so much left to do.  It is really a great title for me.

• Like 1

I haven't played a game with the intention to plat in a very long time. I do trophy hunt sometimes, but really only as an excuse to keep playing a game I'm enjoying.

So to answer the OP, I'll say Mass Effect Andromeda. After playing it, I definitely have no intention of platting it. I am interested to see where the story goes though.

• Like 2