5 Worst Games You've Ever Played for Trophies (or Achievements)

PhantomFear94

On 24/04/2019 at 11:24 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

This is probably the most shameful list i've seen. Why do you only do the easiest platinums of all time, ones that you don't even like and are just bought for trophies? This is when trophy hunting is done wrong im afraid.

Yeah those games are the cancer of gaming

• Like 1

On 21-4-2019 at 2:17 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Diablo 3 I need to figure out if the game is hard because I play offline or what, it's quite a boring grind regardless.

It's not hard to do offline but it does require a lot of grinding, the 500 bounty throphy was the worst in my opinion 

1.) The Girl and the Robot. You look at the trophy list, and see that it's very straightforward, for the most part, but Lord almighty, the more I read about it, the more I feel I (and the poor souls who kickstarted this game) got royally screwed.

• We can talk about the poor graphics, stiff animations, poor character modelling and the worst draw distances you can find in this modern day of gaming.
  • We can talk about lack of direction, instruction, and ridiculous difficulty spikes, including a final boss that is 100% dependent on luck.
  • We can talk about how it's the same damn thing as every other "story-driven" game that has no narration, no dialogue, sappy music with vocal gibberish that always tries to sound mysterious.
  • We can even talk about how the game ends on the most extreme cliffhanger possible in any narrative; the "did they die?" one.

But I won't, because all those could be chalked up to low funds and a tight deadline, and like I said, I will respect those that at least attempt to get their vision out there.

What I WILL draw attention to, is that stinger that this was only Act One. The whole time, I had NO idea I wasn't even playing a complete experience, and the game is not advertised like this in ANY way whatsoever. Just, read this thread to witness the devs unwillingness to take any responsibility.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/270070/discussions/0/350541595110403284/

If the ending to me was the 1st giant middle finger, their response in the forums below was the 2nd one. What could've been a simple trophy collecting playthrough was ruined by all these other problems

2.) River City Super Sports Challenge. For those unfamiliar, this is a sort of spin off of the River City Ransom games and..... it sucks. Bad. The fighting controls do NOT register well applied to sporting events. All the jumping, running, swimming and other acts of athleticism come off as awkward and stiff, and if you are a trophy hunter, the requirements are so vague and unclear, not helped by the fact that there is no chapter select feature, meaning you have to accomplish such tasks such as clearing Very Hard, near flawlessly, whilst performing every type of move imaginable with an under-leveled character. Why under-leveled? BECAUSE, every time you start a new Story mode, you have to create A NEW CHARACTER EVERY TIME. The game forbids you from carrying over characters from previous playthroughs.

So yeah, game sucks.

3.) Rapala Pro Bass Fishing

4.) Trivial Pursuit

5.) Soul Sacrifice

Honestly, Im just trying to get to 5 here. I mean, my experiences with the games listed above sucked, and they were in the pursuit of trophies, but I think there's also the fact that I just don't care for the genres themselves. I guess with alot of the trophies I've managed to get for games I hate, it was fairly easy to just forget about them.

On 2019. március 25. at 2:53 PM, Startyde said:

Noone played Magus? Lucky.

I didn't hate it, because I had to laugh so much during the whole thing... The dialogue, the way you spam the spells, I'm not joking, I genuinely enjoyed the hilarity of it.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 07.04.2019 at 8:50 PM, crauuecrauue said:

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s Rear End

Concentrated rubbish from commencement to conclusion.

I was excited about this game until I saw this comment. Should I lower my expectations to this game ? 

ND collection was really good for me but now I am in doubt. 

I was thinking about starting the game today.

51 minutes ago, seyhano said:

I was excited about this game until I saw this comment. Should I lower my expectations to this game ? 

ND collection was really good for me but now I am in doubt. 

I was thinking about starting the game today.

Taking into account the rest of that users post, I smell troll. I think the game is good, not as good as some of the previous games, but still good overall. Play it and see where you stand rather than letting your expectations be influenced by strangers online.

• Like 3

1 - DiRT 4.

2 - Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. Absolute trash among action games. I will make topic on this game explaining what I think about it later.

3 - Watch_Dogs. Ubisoft.

4 - XBlaze Lost: Memories. My brain almost melted watching this game. I felt like it was bad trip.

5 - Need for Speed: Rivals. Never played game more stupid that this. It feels like rushed and unfinished title. Never again.

• Like 1

This was hard to think of because most of the absolute worst games I've played are on Steam and not on PSN.  I always find it funny when people complain about Sony's lack of standards in games, but Steam has even less quality control and it shows.  I'm only going to include games that I thought would be fun and turned out to be terrible, no My Name is Mayo because I knew what I was getting into with buying it since I played it on Steam too.

1. Gem Smashers - Not only was this game terrible, but I ran into the glitch where you couldn't get one of the trophies without formatting your PS Vita.  I removed my memory card, so I didn't lose anything besides user specified settings, but it took months before I stopped finding random settings I had to put back to how they were.  Still annoyed that a game could have a glitch so bad.

2. Toren - Played this one on Steam but I know it's on PSN.  It's visually stunning, but that's about it.  There is very little in the way of plot and the gameplay is boring.

3. Xblaze Lost Memories - The worst part about this game was that I bought it at release so I paid $40 for this trash.  The game was about 90% rehash of the first game, 10% new stuff that sucked.

4. Undertale - I don't get why this game is so well loved, it was so boring and the characters were all obnoxious.

5. SwapQuest - Good idea behind it, very poorly executed.

• Like 1

Life choices i have regretted.

Music Racer: was fooled thinking it was the actual good one where you use your own tracks. Was a pile of sh*t which barely counts as a game.

Sound Shapes: started after reading how much of a revolutionary darling indie title this was, only to discover an infuriating platformer.

Rugby World Cup 2015: I love rugby, but this made me nearly burn my own house down to get away from it. The most broken representation of a sport I have ever seen.

Slyde: I'm not above the odd easy platinum, but a friend tricked me into buying it telling me it was an amazing puzzle game. Last time I didn't research a purchase.

The rest I can live with, even the horrendously grindy Wolfenstein: Youngblood, which i truly enjoyed playing with mates on buddy pass. 

Dishonourable mentions of games i am yet to platinum and probably won't due to my utter hatred for the trophy experience:

Everybody Has Gone To The Rapture

Time Crisis: Razing Storm

Edited by Birdzilla
Spelling

Faery: Legends of Avalon - I'm not really sure what my excuse for buying this game was except that it was on sale for $2.99 and I thought it would be funny. It's blatantly unfinished, as in the game just stops 1/3rd of the way through the plot and is noticeably missing audio in places. 

Monster High: New Ghoul in School - Soulless cash grab by Mattel, it's a platformer with a series of endless fetch quests that randomly turns into a Metal Gear Solid stealth segment near the end. Getting the platinum requires you to grind coins to buy outfits that have a chance of possibly appearing in the store each day. However, unlike Faery I did actually get some enjoyment out of how bad this game is. Worst main menu music I've ever heard in my life, 10/10 would plat again. 

7'Scarlet - Despite being a dating sim game with the premise that someone in the main cast is an undead serial killer revenant secretly devouring the life force of their victims to remain in the world of the living, 7'Scarlet somehow still managed to be the most uninteresting visual novel I have ever played. 

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles - Terrible open world with nothing in it, needlessly complex crafting, story with the depth of a puddle and collectibles you can only access at certain times of day or night, in certain seasons, with no option to sleep and fast forward time forcing you to just leave the game idling until they appear. Also, RNG based fishing. 

Just Ignore Them - The single worst game I have ever completed for a platinum trophy. It has everything: Bugs, typos, casual sexism, toilets that instantly kill you when you examine them, and an absolutely nonsensical plot involving a Jamaican mad scientist complete with multiple endings you don't care about but have to replay the entire thing over and over again to see anyway. Do yourself a favor and just ignore this game. 

• Like 1

These aren't the worst games I've ever played (I actually love some of these games) but these are some of my worst experiences with games I've ever played for trophies/platinum on Playstation.

Beyond; Two Souls. Enjoyed initial playthrough but doing 5+ playthroughs was not fun (I messed up in both ingame and system save issue because I switched between 2 PS3. I believed I couldn't copy or upload system save and system save is where which endings are cleared are stored). 

Breakquest: Extra Evolution: This was a free to play game on the Vita that became time consuming because there was a limit to how much I can play in a day for free. 

Fallout Shelter: It took me months of playing this game for around a hour in the morning before I went to work and for another hour before I went to sleep to get the platinum and it was not worth the 100+ hours I put in. I probably could have played a decent RPG or two from my backlog during the time it took me to get the platinum trophy.

God Eater Resurrection: I had fond memories of playing this on the PSP so I was excited when it came out for PS4/Vita but platinuming it was not fun and became very grindy 

Quantum Conundrum: It was initially fun but some of the trophies that involve meeting certain goals for all levels made this very tedious. 

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz: Another free to play Vita game that limited how much you can play for free per day.

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll: Had potential in terms of characters, lore, and art concept but execution was poor. I have bad memories of playing every single dungeon/level over and over again for quests.

Edited by Yechan

1). Orcs Must Die Unchained - This was a free to play game that actually was pretty fun for the first dozen or so hours. Then it got insanely repetitive, especially to grind out the platinum. Which basically amounted to grinding the same map for hundreds of hours. To make matters worse, in the middle of this grind they decided to shut down the servers within a few months so I had to soak a couple hours a day playing the same map for months just to get the final trophy and plat. It is my rarest platinum though so I can't be too mad!

2). Sound Shapes - Oh man was this a struggle. One thing that irritates me to death is when I look at a game on psnprofiles before I buy and notice a relatively high completion percentage. Over 30% I thought, this will be a walk in the park. Wrong... I fumbled with the death mode levels so much it drove me insane. I came very close to leaving this one unplatted out of pure frustration.

3). My Name is Mayo - Having this on my trophy list is mainly just embarrassing more than anything else. So much so that I was irritated for the longest time that it sat in my milestones list as my fastest platinum. I wanted to hide it so bad that I searched and found Energy Cycle just to have a new fastest platinum. Only to realize my 500th trophy was a My Name is Mayo trophy.. No undoing that one ?

4). Rollercoaster Tycoon Joyride - I'm not sure what I was expecting with this game and assumed it would be an awesome VR hybrid of the classic rollercoaster tycoon games. Nope, it was a bizarre and boring coaster builder that involved shooting orbs in VR while riding coasters. It was so nausea inducing I kept my eyes closed for most of the game. And to add to the misery, the digital version of the game had an unobtainable platinum due to a bug. I'm not proud to admit it, but I went and bought a second copy, physical this time, just so I could get the platinum.

5). Driveclub - Don't get me wrong, great game and all. But boy are the trophies for this difficult. I bought it since it sat quite high on psprofile's list of most rewarding games. I have the platinum, which wasn't difficult, but getting all of the DLC trophies will be a major pain for me. I grew up playing Need for Speed games and apparently had a false sense of skill for driving games. Driveclub has put me in my place and I dread trying to go back and actually 100% it.

-InkSplosion

-SkyScrappers

These two stand out because they failed at being easy plats for me.

-The Coma: Recut

-Old Man's Journey

I did plat these two but I disliked every second of them.

-Little Adventure on the Prairie

For being the worst game published on PSN

5.) NFS Rivals - after I had fun getting the platinum in NFS 2015 I thought that Rivals is a fun platin too but it was very boing doing the 60 mission lists for cops and racers 2 --> 120 exhausting and grindy tasks 

Im not sure whether I should start with Payback or NFS Heat

4.) Mortal Kombat X - i dont like the grind for the lvl 50 factions trophy and the invasion boss BS (wish i never started) 

3.) Black ops 3 - campaign just sucks (I liked BO 1 and 2). MP and Zombies sucks even more (Black ops 1 remains the best CoD ever!!!)  The campaign is a ridiculously grind fest. 

2.) Zombi - most boring zombie game ever - truly regret starting this (thank god i started dying light which is a decent zombie game)  

1.) Crash dummy - only game I started just for the trophies and it was my biggest gaming mistake ever. Completing it was pure torture. 

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow
  • Like 1

1. Street Fighter V - Shitty netcode, chose a difficult character to learn (this one is on me)

2. Drakengard 3 - Ending D boss battle, horrible input lag, severe frame rate drops

Just those two. I have no qualms with the other 56 platinums.

• Like 1

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Slow, dry and fucking boring

Life is Strange - Not the prettiest game I've played and the writing is awful

Minecraft - I got it only to play with friends, it's just not for me

The Order: 1886 and Detroit: Become Human - Neither are the worst games I've played and they both look good, but one is too short and dull for the price it was when it came out, and the other is too incompetent and melodramatic

1. Shake Spears. Such a garbage game, free on PS3 for a reason. It doesn't even work properly, you need to turn off your internet connection to even play it

2. Book of unending tales 2.  Painfully slow, not even all that funny and its pretty much only completable with a guide because the combinations of items/dialogue are absolutely random at times. Unless you want to try every combination and exhaust every single line of dialogue in every order.

3. Crappy idle games, Adventure Capitalist, Clicker heroes especially, you can get 80% of the trophies fairly easily, but the final one takes months

4. Super Dungeon Bros.  You need to play it co-op otherwise it is practically unbeatable, the enmies don't scale depending on the number of participants....really stupid design decision

5.  Space overlords.  Completely broken, awful game. Cannot believe playstation gave this away for free, this game is anti-advertisement. Imagine you get your new PS4 and sign up for PS plus the first time and you get the jankiest PS Vita PS4 port game possible and they are advertising it like they're doing you a favour. They should remove it from the store

1) Forma.8 - Played this when it was free on PS+. The style was intriguing but the gameplay... good lord, one of the most boring games I've ever played. This takes the first place because it's so far the only game in my collection I gave up to do the blind run on. The fact that I can't even remeber anything says a lot, too.
2) Blackwood Crossing - I just wanted to play a nice walking sim like Ethan Cather or Edith Finch, but it ended up being a mediocre game and nothing more. Sure, plat is easy as hell, but that wasn't my initial intention.
3) Band Hero - This is not a bad game overall, but it's just... useless. It doesn't excel in anything, it pales in comparison to its older brother (Guitar Hero 5), and it's a pretty forgettable experience, too. It just... exists.

4) Master Reboot - Another free game on PS+ and yes, another delusion. If you look up the word 'Mediocre' in the dictionary, the name of this game comes out in the synonyms section. The quality of the port is barely sufficient, general difficulty is close to zero and puzzle sections are so easy to seem like a joke for the player.

5) Borderlands 2 - Hoo boy, here we are! Yes you read it right, Borderlands 2 is a game that I hated, but why do you ask? Well, because I played THE FUC**NG PS3 VERSION! Good Lord what a chore of a game that was, the number of freezes that I had during my whole experience was truly embarassing, and that alone undermined the whole game experience ... I swear, there hasn't been one session - ONE - without being faced with a damn freeze, and every time you had to put it into account in case of long sessions, where it was possible to even get five freezes in the span of half an hour! I got lucky I managed to play B2 with my friends, I would have abandoned it otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Drakengard 3 - Ending D boss battle, horrible input lag, severe frame rate drops

I'm pretty much done with it now (just the ending D boss and the final arena challenge to go other than weapon grind) and I'm really in two halves about it. The story is interesting, the music is goddamn fantastic and there's a lot to like about it, but fuck me is the performance and optimisation BAD. I think I could look past most of the game's faults if only it ran well, which it sure as hell doesn't. It came out after NieR too which also had problems but somehow this looks worse and performs a LOT worse despite being more linear and seems a lot simpler in regards to what's going on a lot of the time too, yet it still absolutely shits the bed with the framerate. I don't even know whether to get the DLC because I've heard they develop the intoners pretty well and I'm interested, but framerate aaaaaa.

29 minutes ago, shary96 said:

1) Forma.8 - Played this when it was free on PS+. The style was intriguing but the gameplay... good lord, one of the most boring games I've ever played. This takes the first place because it's so far the only game in my collection I gave up to do the blind run on. The fact that I can't even remeber anything says a lot, too.

5) Borderlands 2 - Hoo boy, here we are! Yes you read it right, Borderlands 2 is a game that I hated, but why do you ask? Well, because I played THE FUC**NG PS3 VERSION! Good Lord what a chore of a game that was, the number of freezes that I had during my whole experience was truly embarassing, and that alone undermined the whole game experience ... I swear, there hasn't been one session - ONE - without being faced with a damn freeze, and every time you had to put it into account in case of long sessions, where it was possible to even get five freezes in the span of half an hour! I got lucky I managed to play B2 with my friends, I would have abandoned it otherwise.

Yeah forma.8 would be a lot better if it was just smaller. The world is huge and looks lovely but your movement speed is absurdly slow, it takes minutes to get through some rooms even if there's nothing in them and there's no reason for that. Thankfully the plat was easy and I don't have to touch it again. What the hell did you do with Borderlands 2 though? I played the whole game on PS3 not long after release, plus the DLC later on, and I don't recall any performance issues at all. Might wanna check your console or something, as that's the kind of thing I got early on in Fallout: New Vegas (although admittedly that thing crashes a lot anyway, but not usually from the start) before my console straight up stopped reading discs and I had to replace it.

Anyway, for my 5 games, not quite in line with the title of the thread but eh:

5. Red Dead Redemption/WipEout HD I actually really like both of these games, but they had trophies I had to boost due to stupid, unlikely requirements (Slow on the Draw/Bling Brigade) and I really, really don't like boosting trophies. That is all.

4. forma.8/Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Honestly neither of these are that bad in theory, but both of them suffer from having the slowest movement speed probably in any game ever made, ever. Whilst I hate #5 a lot more, at least I could fuel myself on anger at the game enough to actually push through, whilst these two just bored the shit out of me. Hell, I haven't even 100%'d EGttR because the idea of doing another run and getting everything makes me want to sleep just thinking about it. The worst thing is even doubling the move speed in both of these games would make them at least 150% better.

3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - This game is boring as fuck and runs like shit on PS3, by the time I was halfway into the trophy list I was already hoping it would be over soon, and 300 crashes later it was. Can't even deal with the DLC either because I know that shit has trophies that require you to be even higher level than I am, and the game was getting unplayable long before I was finished due to shitty performance.

2. Don't Die, Mr. Robot - It's honestly a mediocre game with barely any features, shitty graphics and for some godforsaken reason you have a huge hitbox that's also square when everything coming at you is circular, so you get clipped by every possible thing. The real issue though is that for 100% you need to get the highest possible score on every challenge level and some of them are fucking ridiculous. It went from getting Gold rating on everything because it wasn't too bad to pushing myself to getting all the Platinum ratings specifically out of spite for how much I hated some of those levels. Deleting it from my Vita was cathartic as fuck.

1. Jak II - Fuck Jak II. Jak & Daxter was a decent platformer that still holds up well today and has a lot going for it, and this game just shits over everything the original excelled at. Garbage combat, abysmal checkpointing, a complete and dramatic tone shift compared to the original, awful writing and possibly the worst vehicles ever conceived. I Platinumed it simply to prove to the fucking game that I could and I hated every second of it. Thankfully Jak 3 was a better game even though I have issues with that too, but Jak II is absolutely irredeemable trash.