October PS+ Games

kidson2004

59 minutes ago, flashpool23 said:

I think at this point people should just never buy games so they can say they don't have it instead of "it's something I already own, so a bad month for me".

Yeah right. So I wanted to play TLOU Remastered back in 2015 and I should avoid buying it because some day, many years later, it would come to PS+ eventually... It’s more logical to say “I won’t get PS+ next time since it’s nothing interesting New to my library”.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I guess nobody or maybe a few are saying this is bad month because it’s they already own these games... 

• Like 2

While I get that some people might enjoy the offerings next month. And their trying to coincide with the announcement of part 2. It was kinda poor offerings overall.

As many people have pointed most people will have had played or owned this game already (let's not forget how many times it's been featured on ads in the psn store, editor picks, game highlight whatever, hell it even was on the playstation homepage featured everytime you start the browser for what seemed forever.) Like Spider-Man, God of War, and Bloodbourne its always part of the must play exclusives on PS4.

The other game now is poor cause as others have mentioned Sports Titles don't do well and with a Baseball Game a game it doesn't have a particularly strong base with arguably Soccer having the strongest base in the America's and worldwide, which doesn't help with them switching out PES last notice either. (Though I won't deny that The Show is still one of the stronger and more played sports series up there with Madden and PES/Fifa.)

I think overall a better option would've been to announce a couple other games instead these two then if they wanted to promote The Last of Us, say at the end of the State of Play like "Hey starting today downlaod and play the first game for free on PS4 as a bonus. "

Overall though I kinda wish still we get more from the freebies again. It's disappointing to see us from last December from upto 6/7 freebies every month with the 3 consoles down to 2 every month and now it mostly seems like their scraping by. But the I also wish they give us another free VR title, it seemed at first that was gonna be a regular thing then stopped. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

Nothing for me this month I guess. At least a lot of people will be able to enjoy The Last of Us if they haven't already.

I'm fine with sports games but why a sport that only the Americans play?

Those damn Americans and not being diverse enough.  Such intolerance on Ps+‘s part to exclude and National Pastime shame so many members and glorious countries housing such an array of sport.

The lineup is really not that good, if good at all. The overrated appeal of The Last of Us Remastered, which includes the product being a good game, is negated or reduced by the fact the game has been out for many years, was heavily advertised and bundled with PS4 consoles at one point (which is how I got mine), and has been incredibly cheap enough to the point where it's been affordable even for broke gamers/consumers (without even including the numerous sales its been on in addition). Rating the lineups purely by the quality of the games being distributed is insufficient and silly. (I could elaborate even further, but I'd rather not make an unnecessary longer text wall.) As for MLB19, people here have already tackled that subject.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Great if you don't already have TLOU:R.

Ei9Gd40.png

I have the disc copy for TLOU, I like having a digital version too. I liked getting borderlands handsome collection even though I owned a disc copy, It makes it easier to play if I don't have to look for the disc late at night waking up my family.