October PS+ Games

kidson2004

Already have TLOU. Would have loved to have seen Lost Legacy instead.

I actually like the Baseball games, but not spending 150 hours for a Platinum. Will play for fun. 

If it was 15-30 hours, would have been interested in the platinum. Just like MLB 14 and 15 for the Vita.

Edited by Kishnabe

A lot of people have played it, yes, but I feel like it's a win for most people having it on PS+. They're giving it away for those who haven't played it, for the convenience of those who wish to refresh their memory of the game, and for those who simply just want to play it again before Part II's release. The TLOU franchise is really story-heavy (which goes without saying), so it makes sense they want people to pick up and play Part II and not have to wonder what the hell is going on and who the characters are from the first game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

A game everyone already has and a game no one cares about. Yaaaaay...

Small edit: A game everyone SHOULD already have...

I've played (and platinumed) TLOU on both PS3 and PS4 and wish I could do it again.  Maybe they'll come out with another trophy list in a bundle for both parts in 5 years or something.  I'd LOVE that!  This game is probably one of the best I've ever played, ever, in my life.  It's so good.  I'm very excited for Part II, but I'm also very worried that it won't live up to the original.  I guess some people play only COD or sports games, but for the rest of us, this game is a must have.  Best story driven game of our generation, imo.

• Like 3

I don't have TLoU and I don't want it. I played a lot on PS3. There's no need to do another run. But I will do it anyway because reasons. But yeah, I understand your frustrations, a lot of people got this game with their PS4.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in "Oh! That's a Baseball!". 

So yeah, a bad month with an awesome game. They did the impossible.

• Like 1

Never pulled the trigger on buying TLoU Remaster since I assumed it would eventually be a PS+ offering, so that's a nice one. Maybe I'll actually get the plat since my PS3 died before I got the chance to finish it. MLB on the other hand... rather watch paint dry or grass grow.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SkyesUnholy said:

A lot of people have played it, yes, but I feel like it's a win for most people having it on PS+. They're giving it away for those who haven't played it, for the convenience of those who wish to refresh their memory of the game, and for those who simply just want to play it again before Part II's release. The TLOU franchise is really story-heavy (which goes without saying), so it makes sense they want people to pick up and play Part II and not have to wonder what the hell is going on and who the characters are from the first game.

What? This is just a marketing move, plain and simple, probably the preorder number is not as big as ND expected. You know these companies think in huge numbers.

18 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Small edit: A game everyone SHOULD already have...

I've played (and platinumed) TLOU on both PS3 and PS4 and wish I could do it again.  Maybe they'll come out with another trophy list in a bundle for both parts in 5 years or something.  I'd LOVE that!  This game is probably one of the best I've ever played, ever, in my life.  It's so good.  I'm very excited for Part II, but I'm also very worried that it won't live up to the original.  I guess some people play only COD or sports games, but for the rest of us, this game is a must have.  Best story driven game of our generation, imo.

Worded in that way is better. If you were just curious about a game so famous ok, understandable. But if you say OMG this masterpiece I finally have it, eh, it's not like it costs 40 bucks you know, and it has been on sales, like DEEP sales many times, if you are part of the TLOU cult why you haven't played already?

And here comes the pitchforks...

• Like 2

I have the TlouR disc since 2015 and it's an amazing remaster. On the other hand, the second game offered is a game where I don't even know the rules of play.

So, waiting for november, in which my Plus subscription will end, let's see what will happen during the Halloween month (a Resident Evil or a The evil within game would be welcome)

26 minutes ago, Gotakibono said:

If it's getting to the point where people are complaining about The Last of Us being on PS+ then I give up.

I wholeheartedly agree.

People used to complain that every new month was a new "worst PS+ game" when the PS+ games were mainly "ugly pixelart indie games" and were asking for AAA games. Alright, be it. And now that we have a AAA like Modern Warfare, Detroit, Borderland, Batman Arkham Knights or Darksiders III, the same people are complaining that every month is the new worst month ever because they already bought the game at release. Well, of course they have, those are some of the best-selling games on the market, obviously a lot of gamers will already have it.
They could give AAA games like Death Stranding or TLOU2 on the day of release, those people would still find reasons to complain that they do not cater to their bloody tastes.