No Multiplayer Mode Faction - The Last Of Us Part 2

DarkLordSHTR

23 minutes ago, Obscure_Ale said:

Very disappointed if that's true the MP was probably the most fun thing about TLOU. If they have stripped out the MP for the sequel it's definitely not a day one buy.

You’re trolling right? The Singleplayer was the one and only reason people bought the game. If anybody bought it for the multiplayer, they aren’t very bright.

Very happy if this is true, the multiplayer is so overrated In the original.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, trojbrown40 said:

So even though they announced no multiplayer, my buddy (Orochijackson) uncovered that Naughty Dog is indeed hiring programmers for Multiplayer Gameplay for the Last of Us part 2. Job listings are going up. Just search Naughty Dog job listings and you'll see they put up listings over a month ago and as recent as 9 days ago. "MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER (GAME TEAM) FOR THE LAST OF US PART II. NAUGHTY DOG SANTA MONICA, CA FULL-TIME"

So have faith my friends. My guess is that multiplayer won't be included on the PS4 version but will probably be added on the PS5 version. That way the fan bases won't be split on the PS4 and PS5. Fingers crossed.

Hope it’s not in it at all.

29 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You’re trolling right? The Singleplayer was the one and only reason people bought the game. If anybody bought it for the multiplayer, they aren’t very bright.

Nope I doubt anyone really bought it for the multiplayer but there was plenty of people who jumped into the MP after completing the game and enjoyed it just as much if not more than the campaign and were looking forward to it this time around.

I had recently been speaking with a few friends during our Monster Hunter World sessions about how we were looking forward to playing TLOU2 MP again only to now be quite disappointed with the news it won't have it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

While I originally bought it for the single player(got it day 1)the single player ended up so disappointing that I went to the multiplayer and finally had fun with the game. 

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

This shortens the lifespan of TLOU Remastered's multiplayer servers. May want to do this on or before 2/21/20. It may not have much longer to live.

Get em while it's hot people! MP modes are made for short-term enjoyment (e.g., servers shutting down, potential hackers coming in later, etc.) while SP campaigns are made to stand the test of time. A good narrative, incredible graphics, and fun gameplay are key!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Get em while it's hot people! MP modes are made for short-term enjoyment (e.g., servers shutting down, potential hackers coming in later, etc.) while SP campaigns are made to stand the test of time. A good narrative, incredible graphics, and fun gameplay are key!

Fucking this. I find it hilarious when morons say that MP is needed to keep games "alive" (because it's not as if the gaming industry was around and thriving for decades before online multiplayer was even a thing, right?) when in reality most MP modes die out quickly as people flock back to CoD, Battlefield, Halo or whatever, and servers closing means the component is usually locked away forever. Single player can be played as intended for years to come. In fact, the best thing of all is that you never need anybody else to be playing to enjoy it. Single player games can never "die" like MP can, so it's incredibly idiotic to say so. You're not getting an "incomplete" game or "less value" if the campaign is awesome.

However, having played the MP, I do see why people enjoyed it so it sucks for those who were hoping for a return. The acclaim this game is bound to get will probably drown out the complaints, though. That or there'll be something else to complain about.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2

Maybe I was just unlucky, but the few times I gave MP a try on PS3 I just met a bunch of overly competitive players with jock mentalities about being #1. That's just not fun to me. Sucks for those who had fun with it, though. But with so many games to play I'm not looking for longevity, just a good game. 

• Like 1

If true, that's a real shame. The multiplayer in the first game was one of the rare examples of a competitive multiplayer mode that I really enjoyed. I even liked it enough that I got the plat on both PS3 and PS4! It was such a unique experience to me with its focus on stealth. Encountering other players was really intense! I get that many people in the trophy hunting community would welcome a singeplayer-only TLoU2 because of the trophies, but to me, it just feels like we're getting less value for our money.

With all that aside, I'm surprised that Naughty Dog would pass up the opportunity to milk the shit out of the game with microtransactions like they've done with their multiplayer modes in other games. If the multiplayer isn't there at launch, I suspect that they'll add it in later on.

• Like 2

I don't think not having MP is THAT much of a loss, even though I overall enjoyed Factions despite some grindiness, having difficulty setting up boosting sessions and the toxic messages sent through text and over the mic. In fact, if they spent more time focusing on improving and adding to the SP, and any possible future DLC that supplements the main story in place of the time that could have been spent in making another MP, then I would be more for that decision instead.

4 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

So even though they announced no multiplayer, my buddy (Orochijackson) uncovered that Naughty Dog is indeed hiring programmers for Multiplayer Gameplay for the Last of Us part 2. Job listings are going up. Just search Naughty Dog job listings and you'll see they put up listings over a month ago and as recent as 9 days ago. "MULTIPLAYER GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER (GAME TEAM) FOR THE LAST OF US PART II. NAUGHTY DOG SANTA MONICA, CA FULL-TIME"

So have faith my friends. My guess is that multiplayer won't be included on the PS4 version but will probably be added on the PS5 version. That way the fan bases won't be split on the PS4 and PS5. Fingers crossed.

So this is the only post worth mentioning in this thread so far. It basically proves there will be a multiplayer for the game later on. Either as DLC or standalone. I think that's good news, multiplayer in the first game was way better then any of the uncharted ones. 

• Like 1

So Naughty Dog once again contradicted themselves and lied about the game having it. Anyway, no online multiplayer is appalling. No different than the average case Naughty Dog's modern games have next to no replay-value single player wise after beating the campaign. Can't justify paying full launch price for a relatively short, linear "story-driven" game (especially considering the way the devs artificially extended Uncharted 4's campaign length) that's never going to surpass playtime I have in games from series like Borderlands, Yakuza, Far Cry, Read Dead Redemption, etc, and also indies, which are normally strong on gameplay by nature. Even games I dislike and are non-story driven has hours TLOU:PII will simply never even remotely come close to. Games like Dragon Ball FighterZ and Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, which all have good single player content, survive and thrive post-launch because of their (omp) online multiplayer (even though the latter's is horribly designed). At least other non-online, story-driven games like Dishonored and Detroit: Become Human make up for their lack of omp—beyond the extremely standardized inclusions of collectibles, m.difficulties, s.conversations—through quality content that strongly encourages additional playthroughs, with rewards such as guaranteed new story scenes rather than the same singular unchangeable story.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

Bet you are on to something here, that it will only be for ps5 but based on their recent tweet, they said there will be no MP for Last of Us Part II and what was worked on will be used elsewhere.