Most pathetic way you have earned a trophy?

charxsetsuna

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

That trophy that involved defeating a Legendary Dragon in Skyrim requires first reaching to level 76 which kinda takes a while. You could grind some dumb skills for level up in a painful way or... 

1. With some illusion based equipment (find them on any mage if you don't want to bother with enchantment), raise your illusion level to 100 by casting muffle

2. Complete the master illusion quest from Winterhold to get the Harmony spell

3. Go in the middle of Whiterun, reset your illusion tree back to 15 and spam that shitty spell harmony on townsfolk. 

4. Pray that the amount of levels and lens flare around the city won't explode your console. 

It s the most awesome pathetic way to exploit a Bethesda game. 

Damn. I like your method. Might use that for my ps4 100% of skyrim. Hitting 100% on ps3 took so long because of this trophy.

I bought several trophies in Nier: Automata. It's a feature built into the game, you can buy some of the trophies with the money you collected in the game, instead of actually doing what you're supposed to do to earn them. I disliked the game so much, I couldn't take all the farming and stuff I still had to do. I'm a huge fan of the first NieR but that sequel was a huge disappointment for me... :(

• Like 3

Oh, the stories we can tell and how we can reminisce. That’s what makes trophy hunting so much fun! I’ve fallen asleep grinding, used my pets in certain situations, played on the toilet on many occasions, and convinced my children to perform certain actions on the controller while I was performing other actions on the controller, etc. Good times!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skroq said:

Woo!! I have a tone of these haha:

#1Singstar PS3 Dance DLC, hanged 2x move controllers on a moving fan to register fan as dancing.

Man, you have my respect and with this, you won competition for today. That's how you improvise. Very good.

In my case, this would be having me carried by very skilled partners in 2 MP trophies for Uncharted 2: "Gold Digger" and "You can't break me". Specially in the second one i had only one task: Revive my two partners and staying alive while they carried the burden of clearing the stages of the levels (this was very, very frequent on "Sanctuary").

• Like 1

That i can remember , leaving my ps3 on for 20 nights boosting time for MK9 , and the same with inversión , last year i bought 5 more ps3 and boosted alone some mp games, quantum theory, binary domain, batman arkham

origins, red faction guerrilla.. And i started this year with medal of honor, goldeneye, naughty bear.. And currently doing arcana heart 3.. 

• Like 1

I bought a 2nd ps3 to boost mp trophies of some games like Lost Planet 2, LittleBigPlanet 1/2, Killzone 2 plus a few more...

I joined Uncharted 3 Team Deathmatch for ~ 120 matches but played only 5 for real, in all other cases i only pressed X to taunt an enemy every minute or two :D

I convinced 5 other persons to change the layout of accelerating and braking in Dirt 3 for a boosting session. We used rubberbands or in my case i used in ear headphones to let the cars drive in circles all the time so we got all 0 points and were named victorious all of us to earn max exp at fastest rate :D

I wanna mention to failed attempts that didn't work as i thought:

I bought a 2nd copy of Uncharted 3 GOTY to boost Hunter Mode with my 2 consoles when i only needed 10 treasures anymore. But it didn't work. I never found my two accs in that game mode. Had to rely on 2 other boosting partners until i finished that dumb grind...

I started the first mission of Lost Planet 2 on easy with two controllers next to me and i made it through 3/4 of the level before coming to a section with so many enemies that they stopped me from completing an objective. I didn't die because i shot them  first but they didn't let 4 bombs explode which was needed so after a while i gave up the 2 controllers 1 person attempt...

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I didn't do this but anyone that set up an electric mixer to strum their guitar a million times for Guitar Hero Live has got to be up there. I remember reading the thread about it before the servers went down and honestly I haven't laughed as much reading a thread on here since. Fair play to anyone that did it but just the thought of it makes me giggle.

I haven't really got any overly stupid ones. There's a few games where I've set the controller up with elastic bands to automatically do stuff like collect a million bolts in Ratchet and Clank or drive 10km in Rocket League.

I once spent a whole night setting up several accounts on PSN so I could heart my own level on Little Big Planet. I can't remember how many I had to make to get the trophy but it must have been about 10-15, maybe more.

I plan on getting a second PS3 soon so I can self boost most of Far Cry 2. I've tried boosting groups but taking turns to get kills literally doubles your time in that game and I'd rather just spend £50 to be honest. I'll probably have to get a third PS3 too so I can self boost the multi-kills.

Twice I've had to ship games in from America so I can play DLC's that are no longer available in my country (Little Big Planet and The Last of Us)

One more; when I was boosting Singularity on PS3, there was a day where I had stuff to do around the house like dishes etc. so I set up elastic bands around the analog sticks to constantly move so I wouldn't get booted for inactivity but if you die you have to press X to respawn and if you don't, you get booted. So I set up an account on Periscope, set my phone up to record my TV in the living room, then accessed my live stream on my laptop and had it open in the kitchen so whenever I died I could press X to respawn. There was a 10 second delay but it was enough time before the auto-kick so it was fine.

• Like 1

Uuuh I think I have another example other than Skyrim, a legit shameful one : levelling up to 50 in Blur. 

For who doesn't know, Blur is one of the actually good racing games on ps3 only, with powerups. Online, you have to grind up to level 50 which takes a while. 

Since I got around 1000 xp per race(+extra daily missions) I just turbo the acceleration button and my car hiccuped through countless races until I hit that level. It is pathetic because Blur is a genuinely fun game which I abused (because I got tired of racing not gonna lie) 

Confession time:

In LA Noire I rubber-banded a controller to grind out miles driven on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One whilst I slept ? Did it in 2012, did it again in 2018 haha. 

I also have 2 Xbox's and 2 PlayStations, and have used a dummy account to get co-op trophies in various games instead of boosting...if that counts.

On Xbox 360, there is a very easy way to get to Level 30 within an hour on Fallout: New Vegas if you play offline before installing a patch. Back in the day I played NV but had the urge to go back and complete it around 18 months ago. I lost my save, and did this when starting the completion from scratch. I was OP to all hell very early. 

20 hours ago, StiffTripple_X said:

Using a rock that was big enough to push the x, triangle, o and square buttons at the same time to complete test your might in mortal kombat x

Oh damn. How did I forget this one on my list of confessions? I did this too! Think I used a bar of soap instead of a rock which makes it even more hilarious ?

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

I don't have Playstation Plus because I don't really care for the free games and rarely play online. That said, I do like to get 100% in all of my games. So when Dragon Ball FighterZ came along and required you to play online and even attain a fairly high online rank... I just asked a fighting game-savvy friend to do that trophy for me.

I really just couldn't be arsed.